How far will England go this time round?

womblemaster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TBF you as an Englishman would rather support Australia in all their sports. That doesn't just make you less English, it makes you things i'd get banned for saying, one starting with a C and, well, you can guess the rest.

Guest neesy111

We've played crap twice, doesn't make us a crap side.

You want us to lose, fine. Says it all about you. And yes, you are less English than me.

how about 3 games then?

TBF you as an Englishman would rather support Australia in all their sports. That doesn't just make you less English, it makes you things i'd get banned for saying, one starting with a C and, well, you can guess the rest.

I have been living here in Oz for longer than I lived in England and it is not a question of supporting one or the other. I like to see both do well in all sports.

When it comes to the Ashes, I usually support England, much to the bewilderment of many of my work colleagues but that is more to do with Englland usually being the under dog in such contests.

I enjoy sport being played with commitment, enthusiasm, skill and heart, something the current England football team currently lacks. I hope they improve and prove me wrong, but like many on here who have already commented, they are not too hopeful.

As for the C word, there are something like 440, 000 words in the official Oxford dictionary. If you try very hard, I am sure you will find a description which will NOT get you banned.........LOL

This thread's making me look forward to Ghana giving the pitiful Australians another howking.

Highly likely, Wullie. However, football isnt our national sport and our 20 million odd inhabitants do not really expect Australia to get any further than the group stages, unlike the 70 odd million poms who believed they are going to win the competition before a ball was kicked.

Wouldnt it be funny if England failed to beat Slovenia and didnt get out of the group stages either? Technically, that would make England just as unsuccessful as Australia. ...............LOL

Just for the record, I have no problem whatsoever with expats. Chances are i'll end up in a different country myself. Supporting another country and expressing joy at England's failure is the issue here.

Guest dover

This thread's making me look forward to Ghana giving the pitiful Australians another howking.

Highly likely, Wullie. However, football isnt our national sport and our 20 million odd inhabitants do not really expect Australia to get any further than the group stages, unlike the 70 odd million poms who believed they are going to win the competition before a ball was kicked.

Wouldnt it be funny if England failed to beat Slovenia and didnt get out of the group stages either? Technically, that would make England just as unsuccessful as Australia. ...............LOL

Not really no, doesnt matter which country your in watching your home team lose hurts exacty the same.  Im gutted by the events so far in the world cup, four years of anticipation and its looking like another four to come, posting on a football forum that it would be funny to see England exit definatley makes you less English.

If it's any consolation, this time four years ago France had drawn one match 0-0 and one match 1-1 to highly inferior opposition. They looked s*** and hopeless.

They won their third game and things worked out okay for them in the end.

Guest Phil K

Lad at work has a bet on England drawing first two games, then beating Slovs to go through.

I laughed.

THEN.

I just hope to God he's a winner.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

if we meet germany next round- its over

I'm trying to be sarcastic, but it's so obvious that this isn't even in the slightest bit insightful that I think I'll just go for a simple: 'NAAAAAAAR!'

Guest firetotheworks

I have a feeling that our votes there are more realistic because we've learned to be as Newcastle supporters over the last few years. I think if we were banging on the door of Europe, or Chelsea/Man United fans etc there'd maybe be more votes in the semi-final column.