John Terry reinstated as England captain

Parky

:lol: Holy shit they do!

It's officially uncanny.

Oh my God I love that fucking picture.

I thought it was a photoshop job.

:nope: :lol: Both real people. The John Terry tranny is a real person, man.

There's a bit more Terry in there than Terry would like to admit. Perhaps where all the agression comes from.

:lol: Holy shit they do!

It's officially uncanny.

Oh my God I love that fucking picture.

I thought it was a photoshop job.

:nope: :lol: Both real people. The John Terry tranny is a real person, man.

There's a bit more Terry in there than Terry would like to admit. Perhaps where all the agression comes from.

:nods: John Terry is an asshole because he never got to be a tranny?

Someone needs to kick the rock the Ashley Cole tranny is hiding under.

HTT makes a good post and I understand where he is coming from. But 'attacking play' as I take he means it is very rarely successful at the highest levels, you only have to witness how careful Brazil are even with their dirth of talent. The biggest issue with England is that they essentially don't understand tempo and timing which is key to success at international level, they tend to get the ball foreward too quick and attack for the sake of it, successful attacking is a lot more about where your player are and where they want to be in the third passing phase rather than getting the ball foreward quickly. England don't understand how to support an attack, how to create space with false runs, how to send it out wide to stretch the back four before bringing it back in....etc..etc.. The problem is that the Pl is too much thunder and guts and space compression whereas international football is all about vision - where the ball will be in 5 passes time. Even the limited style England can offer is bungled in simple terms, how often is Rooney too far away from Heskey when the ball is hopefully launched? Rooney should be looking to offer a run beyond Heskey or up against Heskey depending on him anticipating where the defenders are...He often just stands and watches.

England have convinced themselves they can't play the small pitch game, overloading the middle and interchanging with a rotating attacking midfielder, yet they don't have a passer accurate enough to play the big pitch game on two wings?

There are moments when you watch Spain or Italy there are suddenly 6 players in postive positions and you have to blink, but it's all rehersed, they know when they can take advantage of an opponet out of position or a tempo failure perhaps after a break in play, they are sensitised to it....

The above happened in the final 5 minutes of the Algeria game when Defoe and Crouch were on the pitch, positive positions. Capello has nobody else to blame but himself for picking the wrong players.

Capello is fantastic (albeit not perfect). If England are stupid enough to get rid, nobody decent would come anywhere near this job. Only people like Hodgson would want it, a proud Englishman who'd see it as his reward for a journeyman management career. Sven is a good coach and so is Capello. If neither of them can deliver success with England, it is clearly a problem with the players and nothing else. Dropping people like Terry would be great, but like Trevor Brooking said the other day, the next era or players coming through are far short of international quality. So I think ultimately Capello will have to find a way to keep playing Terry but curb his ego, so that this doesn't happen again. If he manages that then he's completely earnt his salary.

Capello is fantastic (albeit not perfect). If England are stupid enough to get rid, nobody decent would come anywhere near this job. Only people like Hodgson would want it, a proud Englishman who'd see it as his reward for a journeyman management career. Sven is a good coach and so is Capello. If neither of them can deliver success with England, it is clearly a problem with the players and nothing else. Dropping people like Terry would be great, but like Trevor Brooking said the other day, the next era or players coming through are far short of international quality. So I think ultimately Capello will have to find a way to keep playing Terry but curb his ego, so that this doesn't happen again. If he manages that then he's completely earnt his salary.

Agreed. As much as i'd like to see Terry in the gutter; booting him straight out of the squad is the easy way out imo. He's still a gifted footballer and easily one of our very best on his day. I don't think getting rid of him now would be particularly beneficial to the squad; we don't want the alleged fear factor being enhanced any more than it already is.

Agreed. As much as i'd like to see Terry in the gutter; booting him straight out of the squad is the easy way out imo. He's still a gifted footballer and easily one of our very best on his day. I don't think getting rid of him now would be particularly beneficial to the squad; we don't want the alleged fear factor being enhanced any more than it already is.

I said this in a nother thread but I'll repeat. I'd purge the squad of the dross after this world cup and fill it with the talented and hungry youngsters we have in this country. They may not be ready just yet and we may not qualify for the Euro's but it would be better for us in the long run to blood the youngsters now than carry on with the same tired old shite we have seen over the last two weeks.

I said this in a nother thread but I'll repeat. I'd purge the squad of the dross after this world cup and fill it with the talented and hungry youngsters we have in this country. They may not be ready just yet and we may not qualify for the Euro's but it would be better for us in the long run to blood the youngsters now than carry on with the same tired old shite we have seen over the last two weeks.

unthinkable for the suits at the FA, no interest in the long term health of the game, only appeasing the media and raking in the money while they do it

I said this in a nother thread but I'll repeat. I'd purge the squad of the dross after this world cup and fill it with the talented and hungry youngsters we have in this country. They may not be ready just yet and we may not qualify for the Euro's but it would be better for us in the long run to blood the youngsters now than carry on with the same tired old s**** we have seen over the last two weeks.

that's a bit like what dunga did with the brazil squad post- world cup 2006.

fwiw, mourinho, scolari ... was capello next on the list?

Guest Antigalican

Last Friday was the 14th aniversary of the 4-1 win over Holland, arguabley one of the greatest modern day England performances. I had a look at the team that day...Seaman, G. Neville, Adams, Southgate, Pearce, Anderton, Gascoigne, Ince, McManaman, Shearer, Sheringham.

I wonder how many of Friday's team would have got into that side? Although it only seems like five minutes ago the personalties involved that day were of a completely different era to these we have now, and there was some genuine quality.

This team has a couple of quality players who can't seem to fit into a simple formation, and half a dozen who think they're a lot better than what they are.

Of that 1996 team I would replace the following when compared with this WC squad;-

Seaman

G. Neville

Adams

Southgate (Rio Ferdinand)

Pearce (Ashley Cole)

Anderton (Lampard)

Gascoigne

Ince

McManaman (Gerrard)

Shearer

Sheringham (Rooney)

Appreciate they aren't exactly like for like in terms of positions but I think those in brackets are the better option/player albeit they wouldn't fit into the 1996 formation.

Last Friday was the 14th aniversary of the 4-1 win over Holland, arguabley one of the greatest modern day England performances. I had a look at the team that day...Seaman, G. Neville, Adams, Southgate, Pearce, Anderton, Gascoigne, Ince, McManaman, Shearer, Sheringham.

I wonder how many of Friday's team would have got into that side? Although it only seems like five minutes ago the personalties involved that day were of a completely different era to these we have now, and there was some genuine quality.

This team has a couple of quality players who can't seem to fit into a simple formation, and half a dozen who think they're a lot better than what they are.

Now take a look at the team that beat Germany 5-1 in Munich.

The wing positions were pretty average to be fair, although noone in the current crop of wingers would get in ahead of either Anderton or McManaman. I'd have Ashley Cole, Rooney and maybe someone like Terry for Southgate in that team, but that's about it (maybe Lennon for Anderton if we wanted pace for a specific game).

May I ask what the underlying point of this comparison is though, if there is one?

Who are the half a dozen?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fLB4suSe69AKTM:http://www.footballcelebs.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/frank-lampard.jpghttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Y4iHR_vF8HXufM:http://www.elitebicycles.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Frank-Lampard1458.jpghttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:LUQFUdKV3gElgM:http://whitelabelz.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/chelsea-frank-lampard.jpghttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:jIJRaaO2KL1X4M:http://www.topnews.in/files/Frank-Lampard_0.jpghttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:rsz8HgwPQn0doM:http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7926108295/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/23/Frank_Lampard.jpghttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:cKbup4fLrJ20VM:http://real.theoffside.com/files/2009/05/frank-lampard-shock.jpg

That game was a hell of a lot closer than it looks on paper. The Germans had left their shooting boots at home, much like in the game against Serbia, (I recall Ballack contriving to miss the target completely from about 5 yards out) and Owen just couldn't miss.

That game was a hell of a lot closer than it looks on paper. The Germans had left their shooting boots at home, much like in the game against Serbia, (I recall Ballack contriving to miss the target completely from about 5 yards out) and Owen just couldn't miss.

I was at that match and it didn't look remotely close to me.

Footage of England training today looks positive - they're all laughing (even Capello) and having fun. The last thing they need is tension.

Footage online?

It was on ITVs coverage, dunno if theyve put it online yet.

I was at that match and it didn't look remotely close to me.

I was there, too, and it didn't look it to me at the time, either, but I've watched the DVD quite a few times since, and the Germans had just as many decent chances as we did until they threw in the towel at 1-4.