The Liverpool Thread

Parky

The absolute last person they will blame this on is Dalglish. They'll point the finger at the players, the opposition, the refs, the bobbly grounds, the weather, the media, past managers, the owners but they'll never, ever turn on Dalglish.

My apologies, they'll blame him before themselves as fans. That's it.

The absolute last person they will blame this on is Dalglish. They'll point the finger at the players, the opposition, the refs, the bobbly grounds, the weather, the media, past managers, the owners but they'll never, ever turn on Dalglish.

My apologies, they'll blame him before themselves as fans. That's it.

and that's the best thing about it. If they refuse to ignore the problem it will remain a problem for ever and ever :smug:

The way I recall Dalglish's time here is as follows:

He came into Newcastle in January in 1997 and did well enough until the end of the season - got us 2nd on goal difference on the last day of the season. Think we might have been 4th or something on the day he arrived - just a little off the pace. Got a few decent results like a 1-0 away at Arsenal that sticks in the memory.

Did alot in the transfer window - changed the team completely. Shipped alot out and bought a few decent players but also what turned out to be some absolute shite - Des Hamilton anybody?

The season started well enough considering Shearer's injury - even beat Barcelona. Think we were about 6th - 8th but with a load of games in hand because of the CL, and if we won those we would have flown up the table. We didn't win them and the wheels came off completely. Got 44 points in the end - 4 points above the relegation zone. He'd turned us into an absolute pile of shite in what was the relative blink of an eye.

Really looks to me like he'll follow a similar pattern at Liverpool this season.

The question mark over Kenny is how he copes when things aren't going well and the pressure mounts. He's now going to be tested.

He made a ludicrous comment last week about consulting the owners about what he should say about referees being biased against them. From Liverpool's point of view, that was a worry.

The way I recall Dalglish's time here is as follows:

He came into Newcastle in January in 1997 and did well enough until the end of the season - got us 2nd on goal difference on the last day of the season. Think we might have been 4th or something on the day he arrived - just a little off the pace. Got a few decent results like a 1-0 away at Arsenal that sticks in the memory.

Did alot in the transfer window - changed the team completely. Shipped alot out and bought a few decent players but also what turned out to be some absolute s**** - Des Hamilton anybody?

The season started well enough considering Shearer's injury - even beat Barcelona. Think we were about 6th - 8th but with a load of games in hand because of the CL, and if we won those we would have flown up the table. We didn't win them and the wheels came off completely. Got 44 points in the end - 4 points above the relegation zone. He'd turned us into an absolute pile of s**** in what was the relative blink of an eye.

Really looks to me like he'll follow a similar pattern at Liverpool this season.

Sounds plausible....

Cannot stand that King's speech shit and the happy birthday King Kenny songs. What a disgusting way to behave. They are without a shadow of a doubt my least favourite football club. Can't wait for the shit to hit the fan and watch as Kunty the clown licks it off. What a bellend

I think he deserves to be beating you tbf Parky.  Whether he's spent a fortune or not they were looking like mid-table fodder when Hodgson left and are outside bets for the top 4 now, nailed-on top 6.  Today aside they've also played some decent stuff.

Like the loss to Stoke? :lol:

Only saw the highlights and they missed shitloads of chances, plus loads of teams will lose at Stoke this year.  Point is that they'll be 4th-6th in May.

I agree with this.

We were absolute shite today, but that's the first time I've seen us play badly in the five games we've played this season. We battered Stoke and on another day we'd have beaten them 5-0, but Stoke and Spurs are two teams we seem to have problems with every season.  I'm very confident we'll have a good season.

Having said that, Spurs were superb and you'd have thought it was us been playing mid week in Europe,and them having a week off.

I just think of where we were this time last season, on and off the pitch, and though today hurt it doesn't come close to where we could have been had the same crew still been around.

With Meireles gone and Kuyt out of the team, Dalglish has pretty much knacked what was good about Liverpool last season, ie. their two best performers imo.

All going to plan man.

This will be the 3rd manager I've seen off. :yao:

With Meireles gone and Kuyt out of the team, Dalglish has pretty much knacked what was good about Liverpool last season, ie. their two best performers imo.

All going to plan man.

This will be the 3rd manager I've seen off. :yao:

:laugh: :thup:

Reaction to "The King's" post match interview:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=269294.1440

Good words from Kenny. Onwards to Brighton and Wolves.

Think Kenny got it spot on, we got what we deserved - we started poorly and got worse and they need to get to the bottom of why.

No excuses from Kenny, we were poor and Spurs had a good game. No point in running away from it, just facing the facts.

Well said Kenny.

A fantastic, fair and honest interview.

Sensational interview from the King.

Actually beyond parody. Complete contrast to the bile reserved for Hodgson no matter what he said.

When King Kunny was preaching that Liverpool got what they deserved did he accept that he might have overspent on bog standard players and left out central cogs like Kuyt to accomodate them? If not I don't know why his adoring fans are kissing his arse and saying what an honest interview it was.