The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Seeing them this week really gives me hope for how good our team can be. They've knocked Man City and Man United out of competitions within four days... and they're absolutely s***. Good at the back, the rest is dross.

Seeing some of the players celebrate the winner like they'd won the World Cup in front of The Kop hit this home for me. Carroll, Downing, Kelly, Henderson, Adam...Christ.

Seeing them this week really gives me hope for how good our team can be. They've knocked Man City and Man United out of competitions within four days... and they're absolutely s***. Good at the back, the rest is dross.

Seeing some of the players celebrate the winner like they'd won the World Cup in front of The Kop hit this home for me. Carroll, Downing, Kelly, Henderson, Adam...Christ.

:lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

I'm probably alone in thinking this but it's nice to see a player celebrating with such joy/passion.

Probably the only person on here. Or at least the only person that will admit it since we're all so apparently consumed with hate/taking a moral high ground.

I'm probably alone in thinking this but it's nice to see a player celebrating with such joy/passion.

Do you actually believe he gives a fuck about Liv? :lol:

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Irrelevant tbh. Much rather see a player celebrate like that than do a daft dance or pull a poker face to look cool.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Irrelevant tbh. Much rather see a player celebrate like that than do a daft dance or pull a poker face to look cool.

As a general rule of course. Doesn't apply here though. Not at all.

Suarez represents almost everything that is wrong with footballers.

SkyNewsBreak Sky News Newsdesk

Merseyside Police reviewing TV footage after claims a fan made a racist gesture at Liverpool-Manchester Utd cup tie

Guest Howaythetoon

The booing of Evra was so pathetic :lol: You could see a few of their fans shaking their heads even and when Evra went to take a throw in at one point I noticed among all the tossers giving him the fingers and hurling abuse one lone black bloke looking genuinley embarrassed to be in the same company. I used toa dmire Liverpool as a club and their fans and liked Dalglish too but can't stand them these days and this who sorry saga just tips the scales. A sorry embarrassment to our game as fans, a club and now as a manager in Dalglish. I know a few of their numbers who feel the same by the way. If this was Newcastle I'd have booed our players if they wore t-shirts like they did and if Pardew went on the way Dalglish did I'd want the fucker sacked.

I can't remember seeing so much sanctimonious shite in one place, as there is here.  What can't you understand about fans booing an opposition player that they don't like?  Am I to believe that SJP never sees opposition players abused in any way?  Surely booing is the least abusive.  I'd boo Evra long and ever before the Suarez thing, I can't stand the man, dislike the way he plays and dislike his conduct on the pitch.

As for all the condemnation of the fans and manager.  First you might have asked yourself why they've been acting the way they have.  You might have asked why Evra was allowed to say on French television the night after,  that Suarez called him 'n****r' 10 times, only to say later he'd misinterpreted it and 10 times was just a figure of speech. 

Suarez says he called Evra 'negro/negra' once, he told the match referee that after the match,  he told the commission that, and anyone else who had an official interest.  It wasn't racist to him, as it wasn't to Evra's Spanish speaking team mates, who called him the same name themselves, even Evra is known to use it.

As there was no concrete evidence it came down to one mans word against another's.  The Liverpool team, manager and fans chose to believe that Evra didn't tell the truth, just as the commission chose to believe Evra did tell the truth.  I really can't see what peoples problem is with that? If the FA had punished Suarez for the word he used, even though not meant racist, and give him a warning and a two game ban I'd go along with it, but to believe totally one mans word against another, and then punish him with an 8 game ban just because of that man's word, is a joke in my eyes. 

And that is regardless of whether it's to do with racism or anything else.