The Liverpool Thread

Parky

We want you to beat them in the league. What more do you want?

Unquestioning adulation, if you please.

f*** youse lot. Some mates you are :(

Nothing personal, its just business  :shifty:

My day will come!!!

Imagine if they finished bottom half.

:sweetjesus:

Oh, that really would be one of the best things to happen ever (if not in recent times). Unlikely it'll happen this season but if Dalglish is still manager next season, then who knows? A man can dream.

Oh, that really would be one of the best things to happen ever (if not in recent times). Unlikely it'll happen this season but if Dalglish is still manager next season, then who knows? A man can dream.

Not finished 9th or lower since 54/55. Would piss myself with laughter if The King steered them to their worst league finish in almost 60 years. :lol:

Strange that it's all about the trophies. As every manager in nearly 60 years has managed to bring a steady flow of trophies to Anfield without them risking dropping as low as they could. :shifty:

We want you to beat them in the league. What more do you want?

Unquestioning adulation, if you please.

Withdraw from the league, voluntary liquidate the club and then all 40,000 of you can spend every day for 20 years in a jail cell reading Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky. Reform the club when you're done, and then you might get a modicum of adulation.

Not finished 9th or lower since 54/55. Would piss myself with laughter if The King steered them to their worst league finish in almost 60 years. :lol:

Strange that it's all about the trophies. As every manager in nearly 60 years has managed to bring a steady flow of trophies to Anfield without them risking dropping as low as they could. :shifty:

Why is that strange? Is 6th place in the league really better than 12th plus both domestic cups and an EL place?

Seriously, in ten years' time, would you rather really point back at 2012 and say, "we qualified for the CL!" or "we won two cups!"?

Once you're out of the Euro places, who gives a fuck whether you're 6th or 16th? It's one thing if you end up there every season, but in terms of a single season, silverware wins.

Not finished 9th or lower since 54/55. Would p*ss myself with laughter if The King steered them to their worst league finish in almost 60 years. :lol:

Why is that strange? Is 6th place in the league really better than 12th plus both domestic cups and an EL place?

Seriously, in ten years' time, would you rather really point back at 2012 and say, "we qualified for the CL!" or "we won two cups!"?

Once you're out of the Euro places, who gives a f*** whether you're 6th or 16th? It's one thing if you end up there every season, but in terms of a single season, silverware wins.

i'd want the champs league, the extra cash gets you better players and those players are more likely to want to sign for a team in the champs league than one that won the domestic cup and that hopefully gets you closer to winning the league which is the only guide to who is the best team.

Once you're out of the Euro places, who gives a fuck whether you're 6th or 16th? It's one thing if you end up there every season, but in terms of a single season, silverware wins.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm8w9y7XK91ql141xo1_400.gif

Sorry for having a needless, completely unthought out laugh at something not that funny. You win. :okay:

Baffles me that Liverpool fans can be content with their season, even if they win the FA Cup. Progress on the pitch is everything, witch eventually leads to higher positioning up the table. I can see the argument if the team we're talking about is Bolton or Wigan, but it's not. It's the almighty Liverpool.

Not finished 9th or lower since 54/55. Would p*ss myself with laughter if The King steered them to their worst league finish in almost 60 years. :lol:

Once you're out of the Euro places, who gives a f*** whether you're 6th or 16th? It's one thing if you end up there every season, but in terms of a single season, silverware wins.

i'd want the champs league, the extra cash gets you better players and those players are more likely to want to sign for a team in the champs league than one that won the domestic cup and that hopefully gets you closer to winning the league which is the only guide to who is the best team.

That's an extremely simplistic view.

Obviously, the league is *the* title to chase, but 10 years of CL qualification with nothing to show for it doesn't measure up to a sack full of cups, even if half of them are league cups.

im sure birmingham fans will look back in ten years time with great fondness.  ah remember that time we won the carling cup beating teams that played their reserves and then we got relegated. awesome times.

Firstly, it's a point of pride.  Secondly, a higher league placing is something potential signings will llook at and could sway some better players to join you and thirdly there's about £7.5m prize money difference between 6th and 16th ;)

edit to add:  as a newcastle fan, obviously i'd give my right testicle and happily finish 20th if it meant actually winning something though :(

Wouldn't get relegated just to win the Carling Cup, just ask Birmingham fans  :lol:

Placing on the table is a point of pride, provides extra income and helps get players to the club, and keep them there. It is hardly unimportant, and besides it gives the most accurate barometer of the quality of any team.

öhhh, I wouldn´t take a cup win and see us get relegeted or close to is :lol: For me the league is everything and europe (if we play there). But of course. If we are doing badly in the league I wouldn´t mind a cup win. But to trade it... nah.

I would rather have the season we have now for 10 years than have Liverpools.

öhhh, I wouldn´t take a cup win and see us get relegeted or close to is :lol: For me the league is everything and europe (if we play there). But of course. If we are doing badly in the league I wouldn´t mind a cup win. But to trade it... nah.

Swings and roundabouts. You're buzzing now because you're on the verge of getting back into the CL after a fairly long time. It ain't the same if you're in it every year.

Look at Arsenal. CL every year, but fuck all to show for it.

Swings and roundabouts. You're buzzing now because you're on the verge of getting back into the CL after a fairly long time. It ain't the same if you're in it every year.

Look at Arsenal. CL every year, but fuck all to show for it.

They've got a pretty good team though, at this point most of us would settle for the chance to keep a good set of players together and add to them rather than the constant worry of all of them leaving. Champions League will help us do that.