The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest BooBoo

He resembled a naughty schoolboy being summonsed to the headmasters study for a caning.

All the silly sod deserved after his ridiculously arrogant behaviour this season.

courtesy of rawk meltdown

this whole rafa debacle reminds me of the film Gladiator. You have FSG who are like Commodus (the new Caesar) and Rafa who is our maximus.

finally when Maximus (Rafa) and commodus (FSG) meet, commodus will say "What am I going to do with you, you simply won't...die"

And then Maximus will pull out his two figurines in this case it is his European cup and FA cup which is all he has to remember us by..

...and put them on the table and slay commodus and we will all cheer and rejoice.

It works because neither the film nor their portrayal of Rafa is true.

this whole rafa debacle reminds me of the film Gladiator. You have FSG who are like Commodus (the new Caesar) and Rafa who is our maximus.

finally when Maximus (Rafa) and commodus (FSG) meet, commodus will say "What am I going to do with you, you simply won't...die"

And then Maximus will pull out his two figurines in this case it is his European cup and FA cup which is all he has to remember us by..

...and put them on the table and slay commodus and we will all cheer and rejoice.

indeed and if my history is correct Commodus ruled for many years left the empire in chaos and even tried to rename Rome, wonder if that will happen here.........

I have absolutely no doubt the jammy bastards will come out of this shit smelling of roses.

i'd normally have agreed with you, but i increasingly get the feeling there's nothing liverpool are going to be able to do to stop this decline

assuming it's martinez i think he'll need time, can't see him coming in and turning it around instantly...time he might not get

Guest magpie99

RAWK sounds more like Grease than Gladiator to me

Rafa (Olivia Newton John):  singing, "I'm the one that you want"

RAWK forum members:  "Oo, Oo, Oo"

:fwap:

RAWK sounds more like Grease than Gladiator to me

Rafa (Olivia Newton John):  singing, "I'm the one that you want"

RAWK forum members:  "Oo, Oo, Oo"

Just as long as rafa isn't in those super tight satin legins.  that would be bad.  :lol:

indeed and if my history is correct Commodus ruled for many years left the empire in chaos and even tried to rename Rome, wonder if that will happen here.........

I'm just hoping the third century crisis comes quickly :fwap:

Pretty convinced now that the sacking of Dalglish was not planned. I reckon something went down, and they just had to fire the King.

Imagine he asked for another huge transfer pot with a back me or sack me ultimatum.

Thread about TLW:

Just today I read two posts referencing the Liverpool Way; One said the club should follow the Liverpool way and keep things behind closed doors while another said the club should follow the Liverpool way and respect supporter by informing them on what is going on with the club.  To me these two points seem at odds with one another.

So I am kind of struggling to truly understand what the Liverpool way is.  Maybe what I think it is is not truly what it is.  So I was hoping to hear from other supporters

truly :lol:

Pretty convinced now that the sacking of Dalglish was not planned. I reckon something went down, and they just had to fire the King.

Rumour I heard was that Dalglish wasn't originally going to be sacked, but that he was told that Suarez had to be sold in the summer. Dalglish didn't want to sell him and issued a 'Back me or sack me' ulimatum, the result of which we can see.

How much truth there is to that I've no idea.

Rumour I heard was that Dalglish wasn't originally going to be sacked, but that he was told that Suarez had to be sold in the summer. Dalglish didn't want to sell him and issued a 'Back me or sack me' ulimatum, the result of which we can see.

How much truth there is to that I've no idea.

Not untypical of Dalglish to force his employer's hand like that. When he left us, he got into a strange row with our Chief Exec, and then there was some confusion about whether he'd walked or been sacked. I've often felt that he was fed up, wanted a way out, and engineered a route that wouldn't look like a resignation.

Incidentally, I've read that Dalglish himself requested the meeting in America - he wasn't summoned. It could be that he'd got wind of a plan to sell Suarez.

There has been speculation that, following a controversial season, Suarez wants to leave England. The Americans may simply be accepting a given situation, rather than trying to cash in.

I love the old "he's going to manager, with suchandsuch as director of football", rarely at football clubs do things like this happen.

They will end up with a manager like Martinez and then a "yes" man from america will come in upstairs.

They can forget, AVB, Van Gaal, Guardiola, Mourinho or any other mabager at the top of his game. Noone in their right mind would touch that gig at the moment. They couldn't get a manager of this calibre when they won the champions league, never mind now.