The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I think he'd be a good choice. His calm, clear-thinking approach is just what's needed for a club that's always prone to bouts of hysteria. Plus he'd see this as his big chance to step into the big league - one that might never come again - and he'll give it his all.

The fans will want an established name, but if there's one thing that the owners will have learned in the last two years, it's to take no notice of the fans.

Someone like Martinez is exactly what they need - young, ambitious with fresh ideas and very likeable. He'd need a couple of years to turn things around and change the culture there though which is where it all falls down.

They want either Benitez, Mourinho or Guardiola. They, bizarrely, feel they deserve a manager of that standing and anyone who isn't one of those 3 will be struggling to stay onside with the fans. They aren't even the best team in Liverpool ffs. They'll crucify him as soon as he goes on a bad run.

The sooner the Liverpool fans are ignored the better the club will be. Fuck what the fans think, appoint him, back him 100% and they'll start to close the massive gap to the best teams in the country.

But they won't....:lol:

They really are going to appoint Martinez  :lol:

You just know they won't give him five minutes until they're moaning, those great fans who support their managers so whole-heartedly.

They're moaning already

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=278184.12120

Also arguing if the photo is photoshopped or not :lol:

https://twitter.com/nihar247/status/205771504401661952/photo/1/large

:pow:

That's Wigan f***ed.

And Liverpool. No way will he get the time needed.

Fine with me. Only thing to like about Wigan is Martinez. Really hope they go down now, which they probably will.

Someone like Martinez is exactly what they need - young, ambitious with fresh ideas and very likeable. He'd need a couple of years to turn things around and change the culture there though which is where it all falls down.

They want either Benitez, Mourinho or Guardiola. They, bizarrely, feel they deserve a manager of that standing and anyone who isn't one of those 3 will be struggling to stay onside with the fans. They aren't even the best team in Liverpool ffs. They'll crucify him as soon as he goes on a bad run.

The sooner the Liverpool fans are ignored the better the club will be. Fuck what the fans think, appoint him, back him 100% and they'll start to close the massive gap to the best teams in the country.

It's that mentality that saved us, after all.

It's that mentality that saved us, after all.

Thought that when reading it as well. Ashley has had a lot of luck to go with the decisions he made though. No way did he foresee Pardew doing so well so quickly, that was reflected in the Pardew's contract last season which had the bonus for avoiding relegation. The decision not to bring in a centre half in January potentially cost us 4th spot imo, plus if either Williamson or Colo got injured we'd have been nowhere near 5th.

It's about time we had some fucking luck though, tbf. Liverpool are long overdue getting fucked over, I'd prefer Martinez wasn't a part of it though as he's a good bloke and manager.

The denial on RAWK is marvellous....

"I did some googling.

Martinez is exactly 175 cm.

John Henry roundabout ten cm taller than Kenny which would be 183 cm.

Looking at that picture, they seem to be just about the same height though.

It could be the angle or something, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's shopped. The height difference is bigger between the two."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The denial on RAWK is marvellous....

"I did some googling.

Martinez is exactly 175 cm.

John Henry roundabout ten cm taller than Kenny which would be 183 cm.

Looking at that picture, they seem to be just about the same height though.

It could be the angle or something, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's shopped. The height difference is bigger between the two."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Person nearer the camera always looks taller. [/commonsense]

Guest bimpy474

For all the years we were called delusional, these cunts are taking it to a different level of fucktardness.

Quote this : I'll marry Mrs Bimpy if they get relegated, i'll take a life of misery and gargoyle accompaniment gladly if God/Allah/Budda or whatever holy cunt who doesn't exist would grant me this one wish.

For all the years we were called delusional, these c***s are taking it to a different level of fucktardness.

Quote this : I'll marry Mrs Bimpy if they get relegated, i'll take a life of misery and gargoyle accompaniment gladly if God/Allah/Budda or whatever holy c*** who doesn't exist would grant me this one wish.

Here's hoping in May 2013 we are celebrating Mr & Mrs Bimpy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/25/luis-suarez-liverpool-patrice-evra?CMP=twt_gu

Luis Suárez has reopened the controversy surrounding his race row with Patrice Evra by revealing his conscience is "completely calm" over events at Anfield on 15 October and accusing the Football Association of wanting "to get rid of a Liverpool player".

The Uruguay forward served an eight-match suspension this year after being found guilty of racially abusing the Manchester United defender by an independent panel appointed by the FA. Suárez and Liverpool did not appeal against the decision, despite protestations from the club over the process that led to him being charged.

Suárez caused further problems for Liverpool and the then manager Kenny Dalglish when he refused to shake Evra's hand in the return league fixture at Old Trafford in February. That prompted a series of apologies from Liverpool, Suárez and Dalglish, but the striker has never apologised to Evra personally for what occurred at Anfield in October and, in an interview with Russia Today, claims he has no cause to.

"The suspension, I suppose, you could call strange and unbelievable," said Suárez. "Without a single shred of proof, they suspended me. I accepted it without saying anything obviously because they could have made [the suspension] longer and it would have just made the whole thing continue, but my conscience is completely calm, and so is that of the club and my family.

"There was not a single convincing proof that I had done any of the things they accused me of doing. I am very calm about all of it. I have played all my childhood and everyone knows that in Uruguay there is a huge black population. I had team-mates and friends of both colours all the time in the national team, in Liverpool, in Holland, where the majority [of players] are from Surinam, and I never had any problem with them.

"Holland is one of the countries in the world where there is the highest number of black players and at no point was there an issue. Well, these are the things about football. It seems to me that they had to get rid of a Liverpool player and, well, they definitely were gratified by all of this."

Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group, sacked the long-serving head of communications Ian Cotton this month after a season that attracted fierce criticism of the club's handling of the Suárez affair. The striker, however, claims his wife bore the brunt of the fallout. "She has suffered more than anyone during this," he said, and is unconcerned about the damage to his reputation or the reaction of opposition crowds.

He added: "What the English press has said about me does not interest me. What interests me is what they say about me in Uruguay and in Liverpool, and they have always been very supportive.

"After the suspension was confirmed, I was told that the fans would taunt me, they would whistle me, insult me and shout at me, but to be honest it is not something I was worried about or paid attention to. Everyone whistled me in all of the stadiums I played in all the time anyway, even before the allegation of racism. It was just the same. I tried to pay it as little attention as possible to focus on what I like to do, which is to play."