The Liverpool Thread

Parky

"RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown

I almost can't type this because I can't see the keys through the tears. How much more of himself does Kenny have to give to LFC?"

Things like this means I can't hate them  :aww:

Liverpool: "Brendan we want to talk to you."

Brendan: "No go away."

Liverpool: "Oh come on."

Brendan: "I said piss off."

Liverpool: "Well erm ermmmm it doesn't matter in anyway because we totally have like ermmmm 12 managers we want to talk too."

:lol:

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2776443,00.html

Swansea City can confirm that an approach from Liverpool FC to speak to manager Brendan Rodgers was officially received by club chairman Huw Jenkins this morning.

The club is pleased to confirm that Brendan has declined the current opportunity to speak to the Anfield club about the vacant position.

The Swansea manager is currently working hard to strengthen the squad in readiness for the new Barclays Premier League campaign.

The club will make no further comment at this stage.

Good on him.

fair dues, though part of me thinks its not so much a snub of Liverpool but a snub of being asked to an interview along with 11 other guys, many a manager won't go for that sort of thing

Let's hope all 11 don't. Such an arrogant approach to treat managers already in a job this way (understand it to a certain extent for jobless candidates). Do Liverpool expect all cubs and chairmen to just bend over like Wigan/Whelan have done?

How else can they do it?

Have a preference for a candidate. If in a job ask existing club permission to speak to them, if not given move to next candidate on list. If interview successful hire candidate, if not move onto next candidate. A shortlist of 12 or so candidates and wanting to speak to all 12 (regardless of whether they are in a job or not) before making up your mind on who you'd prefer is not usual practice, is it? I can't see many managers in established jobs wanting to risk their futures at their current club to enter a raffle for the Liverpool job.. ???

How else can they do it?

They shouldn't approach anyone in a job unless he's 100% the man they want. To do it any other way is just hugely disrespectful, to expect a manager to put his current job on the line to talk to them and then reserve the right to say no and leave him in the mire.

Must say, I was hoping Pards would have ruled himself out by now...

Would seem a bit weird to release a press statement about it when he isn't even being linked that strongly. I imagine if he's asked in a conference about it (though how or when I don't know since he's on holiday) he'd rule it out pretty clearly.

Don't think Brendan that's daft tbf.

Didn't he laugh off the Chelsea link after AVB because he understood where he was, in terms of his management development?

Think he said something like "it would kill his career before it had begun" type thing.

And he'd be dead right.

I'm glad about that because I think he's got a great future ahead of him if he manages his moves right. Lolerpool would be a disaster for him.

Fair play BR  O0

Rodgers has got his head screwed on, well done mate :thup:

I love it when managers don't give in to this stuff - he's much better off staying at Swansea and not being tempted by a job which will clearly go wrong for whoever gets it. A 12 man shortlist ;D the board are panicking already!

I think if BR can stay at Swansea for another 3 or 4 seasons, establish them at a top half side, playing attractive passing football, he'll have no end of offers from "bigger" clubs down the line.

He's got at real eye for a descent player: Vorm, Borini, Sigurdsson etc.

Would fit into our current business model very well I think.

Although it's: Pards for me like

I think if BR can stay at Swansea for another 3 or 4 seasons, establish them at a top half side, playing attractive passing football, he'll have no end of offers from "bigger" clubs down the line.

He's got at real eye for a descent player Borini, Sigurdsson etc.

an eye for a player and also able to get the best out players you wouldn't expect like Leon Britton

He's got at real eye for a descent player Borini, Sigurdsson etc.

an eye for a player and also able to get the best out players you wouldn't expect like Leon Britton

Almost like a Mini-Pards  ;D

Must say, I was hoping Pards would have ruled himself out by now...

I'm glad he hasn't aid anything, don't think it's worth a comment tbh. It's not exactly the England job.

It's pretty much exactly the england job really, trying to match unrealistic expectations with a bunch of shit players and whatever you do the media and the fans will immediately be on your back

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC

Who do you want to replace Kenny Dalglish as #LFC manager? Reply with your suggestions and reasons.

:lol:

Please, please, please tell me that's the official Twitter. :lol: :lol: :lol: