The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Reina

Johnson      Skrtel        Agger        Enrique

Lucas        Random bloke off the street

Bellamy        Gerrard          Racist

Random Bloke off the street

couldn't make the team any worse

Aye but rumour has it that Skrtel wants to leave. That would be a nightmare, Carragher might have to play.

I'm suprised he hasn't been tipped for manager, actually. The sort of crack-pot decision i'm expecting.

Reina

Johnson      Skrtel        Agger        Enrique

Henderson    Lucas      Gerrard    Downing

Suarez        Carroll

Is their best XI, a decent manager would get it working as well, but not to the standard it cost or is worth.

Adam isn't a top half player, he was the main man at BP and it worked, it was never going to work elsewhere, well to that efficiency anyway.

Bellamy when fit is a good player, but even when fit these days isn't what he was, not even from the start of the season. His leg injuries have taken their toll, lacks that huge burst that made him deadly, though his heart is still there.

Tbh I wouldn't even rely on Gerrard either for the same reasons as Bellamy, however he's too important to the club to leave out of any line-up.

Realistically they need to cut their losses with Downing, hope they get someone stupid enough to pay them half of what they paid and spend it on an out and out left winger with creativity while deciding which role Lucas will occupy in the centre then buy either someone to sit in front of him or behind him to support him while phasing out Gerrard. I'd personally go with behind and shut up shop, start from the back and make the team hard to beat, they lived off that for years under Rafa.

Aye but rumour has it that Skrtel wants to leave. That would be a nightmare, Carragher might have to play.

I'm suprised he hasn't been tipped for manager, actually. The sort of crack-pot decision i'm expecting.

If thats the case the need for deep pockets just got bigger..... sorting out the attack and midfield is a big enough problem but to get a CB that will actually be on a good enough level to maintain their defensive solidity that they had for most of the season will be very difficult....

Not to mention they dont even have a management structure set up in anyway what so ever :lol:

I simply don't think Gerrard can play in a 442, he'd get outplayed by most teams in this league now. He's a threat and his decision making in the final third is as good as anyone but he can't dictate a game of football. Lucas can't do it all on his own IMO.

In this league, you can't afford to carry players on previous/non existant talents and Liverpool simply have too many. Even the fixtures in their team, such as Glenn Johnson have question marks above their heads.

I actually think Carroll may be one of the only Liverpool players to come out of next season with any credit.

courtesy of rawk meltdown

this whole rafa debacle reminds me of the film Gladiator. You have FSG who are like Commodus (the new Caesar) and Rafa who is our maximus.

finally when Maximus (Rafa) and commodus (FSG) meet, commodus will say "What am I going to do with you, you simply won't...die"

And then Maximus will pull out his two figurines in this case it is his European cup and FA cup which is all he has to remember us by..

...and put them on the table and slay commodus and we will all cheer and rejoice.

Guest firetotheworks

How else can they do it?

They shouldn't approach anyone in a job unless he's 100% the man they want. To do it any other way is just hugely disrespectful, to expect a manager to put his current job on the line to talk to them and then reserve the right to say no and leave him in the mire.

I know this is from a few hours ago, but holding an interview is exactly the way they could find out if the manager is 100% who they want. I don't see it as being disrespectful at all, just thorough, what other job just hires people before even talking to them?

Any job where someone is headhunted, which is quite a lot.

this whole rafa debacle reminds me of the film Gladiator. You have FSG who are like Commodus (the new Caesar) and Rafa who is our maximus.

finally when Maximus (Rafa) and commodus (FSG) meet, commodus will say "What am I going to do with you, you simply won't...die"

And then Maximus will pull out his two figurines in this case it is his European cup and FA cup which is all he has to remember us by..

...and put them on the table and slay commodus and we will all cheer and rejoice.

Their minds have gone. :lol:

Their minds have gone. :lol:

You should read the thread they have on the reasons why the new manager should join the club. Fucking la la land.

Guest WhyAyeCabaye

Please turn to Souness, please

They seem to appoint former "legendary" managers, so you might not be a million miles away with that.  :lol:

Please turn to Souness, please

They seem to appoint former "legendary" managers, so you might not be a million miles away with that.  :lol:

Owen is available too, big Grahams first signing.

The more people they approach, the more it looks like they don't know what they're doing.

I can't believe that they didn't see the possibility of sacking Dalglish months ago. They ought to have earmarked their preferred replacement at that point.

Apparently Martinez is flying over to the US for a second interview. Even though I think he's a cunt I did think it was harsh making Dalglish fly all that way to be given the Spanish archer.

Apparently Martinez is flying over to the US for a second interview. Even though I think he's a cunt I did think it was harsh making Dalglish fly all that way to be given the Spanish archer.

The plane has tipped over and crashed cause there was only 3 at the back.  :frantic: