The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Huge blow for them and him especially. Feel sorry for him.

Not really Rodgers will probably play Sterling there or another attacker while Downing sits at Left Back (please make this happen when Ben Arfa plays against them)

I don't know if Gerrard has the discipline. Will save the manager a selection headache anyway.

He definitely doesn't have the discipline, but he has the skills, which makes him the best option we have.

I don't know if Gerrard has the discipline. Will save the manager a selection headache anyway.

He definitely doesn't have the discipline, but he has the skills, which makes him the best option we have.

Sure, he's the best option available.

Guest Chubby Jason

Gerrard was certainly disciplined enough in the Euro's for England in a deep central position, I see no reason why he can't do it for Liverpool as well.

Gerrard was certainly disciplined enough in the Euro's for England in a deep central position, I see no reason why he can't do it for Liverpool as well.

He just seems to want to be the all-conquering hero, bombing all over the pitch saving the day.

Strictly an outsider's view obviously, I don't watch him every week.

Guest Chubby Jason

He certainly has been like that in the past and it was a worry for me as an England fan in the summer, but he was fantastic IMO.

He just seems to want to be the all-conquering hero, bombing all over the pitch saving the day.

That pretty much sums him up, tbh. If he had some brains in his head instead of just ego, he would have truly been the complete footballer.

He was much more disciplined in the summer. Perhaps he has finally got an ounce or two of discipline, and can lay off the Hollywood balls.

That pretty much sums him up, tbh. If he had some brains in his head instead of just ego, he would have truly been the complete footballer.

He was much more disciplined in the summer. Perhaps he has finally got an ounce or two of discipline, and can lay off the Hollywood balls.

Injuries and his drop in energy levels probably 'convinced' him to take a more disciplined approach. I don;t think he can cover every single blade of grass like he used to.

It's like you can go clubbing most days when you are young, but now prefer a coffee and a book as you get older.