The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I'm sorry, it was unnecessarily inflammatory but the happy birthday sing song made me nauseous even on reflection and it's the self-pity rather than anger which riles me. Excuse my vitriol, obviously it's silly to generalise

Fair enough. We all have something that presses our buttons. The self-pity makes me cringe, too.

I can't watch that video without bursting into tears, I love him so much.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has rafa been beheaded or something?

Do you not know man? He was a revolutionary... When all hope seemed lost he made a heroic sacrifice to secure victory for the noble scousers in their battle for freedom against the oppressive forces of Hicks and Gillette.

Or, in our terms, he was sacked because he's a f***ing s*** manager.

What? :lol:

That may be true for you wacko but there was definitely people who wanted him out.  Likewise with Hodgson, having said that 5 years down the line we'll still be hearing about how managers never get chased out by the Liverpool fans.

Of course there were: there always are. They were saying the same thing after Istanbul. Every club has its idiot supporters. That should be pretty obvious to an NUFC fan, I'd imagine. If you want to do what the media does and pick and choose your fans to back up your angle, that's your prerogative. Doesn't make it right, though. The vast majority of knowledgable LFC fans did not want Rafa to leave, and he remains a hero.

You were replying to a post which said Liverpool fans wanted Benitez out and said "What? No, we were screaming for the owners to f*** off. Rafa's a f***ing legend."

Like I said, that may be true for you but you're not speaking on behalf of the Liverpool fanbase when you say that, which is what my point was.

That may be true for you wacko but there was definitely people who wanted him out.  Likewise with Hodgson, having said that 5 years down the line we'll still be hearing about how managers never get chased out by the Liverpool fans.

Of course there were: there always are. They were saying the same thing after Istanbul. Every club has its idiot supporters. That should be pretty obvious to an NUFC fan, I'd imagine. If you want to do what the media does and pick and choose your fans to back up your angle, that's your prerogative. Doesn't make it right, though. The vast majority of knowledgable LFC fans did not want Rafa to leave, and he remains a hero.

You were replying to a post which said Liverpool fans wanted Benitez out and said "What? No, we were screaming for the owners to f*** off. Rafa's a f***ing legend."

Like I said, that may be true for you but you're not speaking on behalf of the Liverpool fanbase when you say that, which is what my point was.

No, but I was expressing the majority opinion (which I share) of the fans I know and the posters on LFC forums. Sorry that I didn't make that clearer.

As I've said before, with the exception of a few die-hard Rafa haters, LFC fans laid the blame for Rafa's rotten last season squarely at the feet of H&G.

The general informed consensus on Rafa was that he was one of the best managers in Europe and would be very hard to replace, despite his flaws, chief of which was his tendency to be overly tactical and never let the side cut loose. This was both the reason for our success in Europe and relative struggle in the league.

I can't watch that video without bursting into tears, I love him so much.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has rafa been beheaded or something?

Do you not know man? He was a revolutionary... When all hope seemed lost he made a heroic sacrifice to secure victory for the noble scousers in their battle for freedom against the oppressive forces of Hicks and Gillette.

Or, in our terms, he was sacked because he's a f***ing s*** manager.

What? :lol:

I'll go a bit slower for you if you like. RAFA. IS. A. S***. MANAGER.

Guest magpie99

Tend to think we'd probably idolise a manager if he won us the Champions League.

Some great signings though........Aquilani, Keane, Insua, N'Gog

I think it's a fair position to take.

Tend to think we'd probably idolise a manager if he won us the Champions League.

Alonso, Mascherano, Torres...

Guest neesy111

Alonso, Mascherano, Torres...

And he treated Alonso well didn't he...

Didn't count Suarez because it looks like he will be an outstanding signing.

I was referring to Carroll and Henderson.  You cannot say that you got value for money.  Of course, it might work out.

Looks like they will end up spending over £50m on 2 players.

That £50m could have been MUCH better spent.

Who's that then? Suarez and your lad?

Wacko, where's all this outlay coming from? Your accounts will look a bit scary after last year (no CL) then this (no Europe).

Wacko, where's all this outlay coming from? Your accounts will look a bit scary after last year (no CL) then this (no Europe).

It's really only £18m net since the New Year after the Henderson signing. (Torres & Babel out, Carroll, Suarez & Henderson in) They still could and should have spent that a helluva lot better though.

Fairplay to the scouse c***s, if they get Hendo & then Wickham they will have lot of good young English players in there ranks of course not all of them will make it to the top.

Liverpool players picked for England 'U' teams last season, used Wiki as the TheFA site is s**** compared to what it used to be.

U16's

David Moli (picked for U17s as well)

U17's

Tyrell Belford, Matthew Regan,Brad Smith, Raheem Sterling,Jack Dunn, Adam Morgan & Jordan Lussey

U18's

Jack Robinson,Conor Coady & Conor Thomas

U21's

Martin Kelly,Jay Spearing & Andy Carroll

AFAIK the owners are willing to invest some cash in the team. They've said there's money available for transfers, but understandably not how much.

We're looking to offload high-earning fringe players to cut the wage bill, and overall it's financially viable seeing as the owners got the club relatively cheaply.

It's still early doors, but it looks like we might have some proper sports folk in charge instead of bu$ine$$men.