The Liverpool Thread

Parky

That reads like it was written by the work experience kid :lol: Awful statement.

Basically says Suarez knows black people so can't be a rasict c*nt

Err, and it states that his grandfather was black. Big difference between knowing a few black people and being the grandson of one …

That reads like it was written by the work experience kid :lol: Awful statement.

Yes and no. It's written exactly like BBC news articles: carefully constructed so Johnny Foreigner can understand it easily. From that point of view, it's actually rather well done. From the point of view of a native speaker of English, it sounds like it's aimed at divvies.

Hitler's grandmother was Jewish.

So holocaust was no biggie then...    :undecided:

Figuratively cracking up at Wacko's defence/justification of the 'he knows black people' lol-defence :yao:

Not sure if you don't read or are trolling.

I didn't say that he knows black people, I said that his grandfather was black. That's what the LFC statement says:

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black.

Fuck me, some of you guys are great at selective reading.

And my only complaint is that he was punished for racism but only found guilty of a lesser offense. The FA should have had the balls to find him guilty of what they're punishing him for, or lacking said balls, given him a punishment appropriate to the offense they could bring themselves to do him for.

I don't know what Liverpool can complain about, football is a world game, and the Premier league has many different nationalities in it, and if you be racist you deserve to get the maximum punishment. There is no need for it in the modern game.

This thread is as cringe-worthy as any I've read on a Liverpool site.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the England captain.

Black grandpa is just a subsection of the black mate defence tbqh.  It's just plain silly.

I'm not trying to argue that it's some kind of defence, just objecting to the representation of LFC's statement as being "Luis knows some black people". By a long way not the same as "Luis is 1/4 black".

Haha, The Guv.  I only watched that sketch a few days back; it must have stuck :lol:

And fwiw, I'm sure the FA have charged Suarez for using insulting racist language and not for being a racist.  I assume they both come under the same section of the code/rules.  If they had actually found Suarez guilty of being a racist then 8 games wouldn't be close to suitable punishment.

Haha, The Guv.  I only watched that sketch a few days back; it must have stuck :lol:

And fwiw, I'm sure the FA have charged Suarez for using insulting racist language and not for being a racist.  I assume they both come under the same section of the code/rules.  If they had actually found Suarez guilty of being a racist then 8 games wouldn't be close to suitable punishment.

Glad it did :snod:

:lol:

This thread is as cringe-worthy as any I've read on a Liverpool site.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the England captain.

Dude, we want Terry to get the same punishment.

If you find this cringeworthy, take a look at RAWK ffs.

What the fuck does some liverpool supporters think Liverpool is?

Some kind of club sent from the gods?

I went sick while reading stuff there.

"they just messed with the wrong club"  :jesuswept: