The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest neesy111

Isn't he living in Australia where it's like compulsory to black-up at least once a month?

No and no

He's in Thailand now.

John Barnes on Sky News: "These incidents happen everywhere still."

As offensive as KKK Dalglish, and Luis Suarez, and the t-shirt wearing players have been, John Barnes' attitude throughout this scandal has been fucking disgraceful. Of all the people in the world, he should be the man to say "I love my club, but we have to root this out." Instead, he is a mealy-mouthed apologist for the defence of racism. Sickening

I would hardly call it sickening to be honest. Not everyone has to share the same opinion.

Just so I understand your opinion, you think it's okay for a black man who was subjected to this sort of racial vilification his whole career to then turn around and say, effectively, that Liverpool fan's treatment of a black player shouldn't be highlighted in the current debate because they happen everywhere else?

Because in the context of the current debate, that's what is being said. His attitude has consistently been one of defending his former club when he has a unique ability to lead the debate and the campaign to eradicate racial vilification from the game. So, you're right, that might not be sickening, but I certainly find it so...

John Barnes on Sky News: "These incidents happen everywhere still."

As offensive as KKK Dalglish, and Luis Suarez, and the t-shirt wearing players have been, John Barnes' attitude throughout this scandal has been fucking disgraceful. Of all the people in the world, he should be the man to say "I love my club, but we have to root this out." Instead, he is a mealy-mouthed apologist for the defence of racism. Sickening

Uncle Tom. :lol:

I would hardly call it sickening to be honest. Not everyone has to share the same opinion.

Just so I understand your opinion, you think it's okay for a black man who was subjected to this sort of racial vilification his whole career to then turn around and say, effectively, that Liverpool fan's treatment of a black player shouldn't be highlighted in the current debate because they happen everywhere else?

Because in the context of the current debate, that's what is being said. His attitude has consistently been one of defending his former club when he has a unique ability to lead the debate and the campaign to eradicate racial vilification from the game. So, you're right, that might not be sickening, but I certainly find it so...

Not to mention that he has been outspoken about the exact same kind of thing many times in the past, and rightly so. It's only since Liverpool became involved that he's done a complete about face and gone from being right to being wrong.

Guest neesy111

Stewart Downing arrested for hitting ex-girlfriend. What a horrible club.

Tbf she was blacked up at the time.

:lol: :lol:

Guest elbee909

Hitting women goes on in other parts of the world, and it perfectly acceptable there, so it seems wrong to persecute Downing.

I'm sure it's just his way of greeting a person close to him. A term of endearment, if you will? :dontknow:

I believe the phrase is "hitouto".

A derivation from the South American word "cuntuto".