The Liverpool Thread

Parky

It´s normal to hit the apostrophe key there where I come from when we see other people are in the wrong.

One of the best replies I've seen!  O0 :lol:

It certainly did a great job of avoiding answering the post :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-makes-new-friends-1

the club equivilant of 'some of my best friends are black'

The UN says we're all right!

I've given up trying to get through the FA's report. Reasons why Suarez lost are summed up very cogently here by someone familiar with such hearings. Long story short, Liverpool did at the hearing as they've been doing since: making a balls-up of it, particularly regarding the inconsistency of their evidence. I also wonder why, given their not being able to shut up about the whole thing, the club chose not to attempt to discredit Evra, especially as he had previously been called an unreliable witness by the FA. If the club had prepared properly, we might not have lost.

I thought this was particularly interesting:

We lost on the argument over what test was applicable, whether the offence or whether the abuse had to be committed intentionally or not. This objective/subjective point is crucial and despite our lawyers arguing otherwise we lost on it. I can see why, as the reasons set out otherwise decisions on dangerous tackles would be impossible to adjudicate on if one had to prove intent.

Which pisses all over what I considered central the matter.

I'm going to do what the club should do, and shut up about it now. Not happy with the length of the ban, but I'm otherwise quite satisfied by the above-linked analysis.

Time for a pre-match beer. Not confident, tbh.

Keep your fingers crossed for us! Haha!

Hah my token Liverpool supporting mate is considering just spending all his time supporting a lower league club and ignoring liverpool till Dagliesh is sacked or dies, whichever first.

My Asian Liverpool supporting mate is full of defence for his club and Suarez. Pretty disappointing stuff from him really, after everything he's been through on a pitch.

Finally, a scouse with common sense. Who knew that it was such a rare thing.

And what did he predict would happen?

MGMusicYNWA Matt Goodall

@LittleBigMatch Seriously mate, you say you're a red but all you did was bad mouth the club... I criticise us, but not to that extent

RedRevival RedRevival

@LittleBigMatch LFC Fan? Doubting that very much

Batebing Brian Bates

@BrianDurand56 @surrealfootball @littlebigmatch Self serving article that was written by someone who believes that they know best. Useless.

scouserevo @BrianDurand56 @surrealfootball @littlebigmatch that article s right up there with the worst of them

FartScissors Mark

@BrianDurand56 @SurrealFootball @LittleBigMatch reads like someone had bought him a profanisaurus for Xmas. Also a little bit bigoted itself

I think Dalglish has positioned himself perfectly as the most detestable manager/person in the prem at the moment (well with the exception of Suarez and maybe Terry). His arrogant answer last night to the press about Johnson's tackle "I didn't see it" said with a smirk just sums him up for me. Utterly miserable, disgraceful, blinkered idiot of a man.

Rather than bring some class to Liverpool he's done completely the opposite, fuck off.

I think Dalglish has positioned himself perfectly as the most detestable manager/person in the prem at the moment (well with the exception of Suarez and maybe Terry). His arrogant answer last night to the press about Johnson's tackle "I didn't see it" said with a smirk just sums him up for me. Utterly miserable, disgraceful, blinkered idiot of a man.

Rather than bring some class to Liverpool he's done completely the opposite, f*** off.

TBH i hope he stays there fro a while longer, just for the 'shits and giggles'