The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Brendan Rodgers man, surely this isn't the best they can get? One years premiership experience, wow.

Honestly reckon we could do better, even with Ashley at the helm.

Martinez I could partially understand, for me Rodgers is living off the good work Martinez set in before leaving. Crazy stuff.

Guest firetotheworks

Brendan fucking Rodgers!?!? Pahahaha. It's almost as ridiculous as us getting Pardew. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out the same way.

Won't be able to attract many top players that's for sure!

Bullshit.  Chelsea have just attracted a top player this week and they don't even have apermanent manager!

The prospect - nay PROMISE - of playing attractive, attacking Barca-type footy is enough for most players to want to join us.

:lol:

When you have owners willing to spend and some of the players we have, top four is very achievable.

Spurs will probably lose Modric and Bale - so they are going to be weaker you would think.  Newcastle don't have as good of team as us.  Arsenal are pretty much a one man team.  We can very much get top four next season and that will be the aim of FSG and Rodgers.

Let's not lower our expectations after one season where we lost key players to injury, our leading striker got banned and we were incredibly unlucky.  Rodgers is taking over a spine of a very good team.  When you have Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Bellamy, Suarez etc - top four is a very achieveable aim!

:nope:

I remember when HTT wanted to model this place on RAWK. :lol:

f***ing embarrassing forum.

To be honest I can remember a time it was a decent forum. I'm not even sure how the weird dictatorship started.

I remember when HTT wanted to model this place on RAWK. :lol:

f***ing embarrassing forum.

To be honest I can remember a time it was a decent forum. I'm not even sure how the weird dictatorship started.

It's always been like that as long as I can remember. :dontknow:

Guest optimistic nit

http://i.imgur.com/teHVk.png

Keeps it. Keeps it! KEEPS IT!

Does that stat actually say anything?

http://i.imgur.com/teHVk.png

Keeps it. Keeps it! KEEPS IT!

Does that stat actually say anything?

That their possession stat is bollocks because 99% of it is in their own half.

I quite like Rodgers. But needs must as they say. Looking forward to it. Think he has a slightly better chance than Martinez would have. New batch of winged monkeys are being trained for release in August.

Guest optimistic nit

not really sure what i think about this, on the one hand he is one of the least experienced managers they could have gone for, even at premier league level, and this is a club whey roy was apparently too small a name, but on the other he is a likeable guy and could be a really good manager. Think Rodgers has the potential to manage a top 4 team, but not sure whether this will happen at liverpool. they really need to do some re-structuring over the next few seasons, they don't have the squad for instant sucess with spending big (or well) and competing for the cl is very different to survival, and it will probably take some time to adapt. hopefully liverpool wont give rodgers the time required for him to be sucessful, and recent history suggests this will be the case. cant see them falling further down the table though, unfortunately.

Cant see how the current Liverpool team will take to Rogers tactics like.

Posession,Posession,Posession,Gerrard - 50 yard ball to no-one cos they were all on or behind the half way line. And start again.

:lol:

Much like Martinez I guess he could be a success if they gave him time but as others have said I just can't see it happening. I certainly don't see them as a threat to us next season, which is good enough for me.