The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest bimpy474

Although Brendan's Swansea did play decent possession footy, it was as boring as hell imo, maybe with better players it might be a bit more exciting.

Better players like Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Downing?

I think Bimpy is assuming that Liverpool's better finance will give him the opportunity to revamp the squad....

I was, Cheers mate :D

Brendan Rodgers set to take charge at Liverpool

By Pat Murphy BBC Radio 5 live

Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool boss in the next 48 hours.

The clubs are understood to be discussing compensation for the 39-year-old, with Swansea likely to recieve a compensation payment of between £4m and £5m.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez had been in contention after meeting with owner John W Henry in Miami last week.

But attention has since switched back to Rodgers.

More to follow.

Although Brendan's Swansea did play decent possession footy, it was as boring as hell imo, maybe with better players it might be a bit more exciting.

Nah not them, i'm assuming he will get some money to spend.

he won't be spending it though, it will be Van Gaal if the stories are true

It'll end in tears if Rodgers gets the job. He doesn't seem like he's composed enough, and I think he may be a bit of a flash in the pan; he has no experience managing a club anywhere near as big as Liverpool.

Plus, GG will have his voodoo doll of the guy out again.

I think Bimpy is assuming that Liverpool's better finance will give him the opportunity to revamp the squad....

Yeah I guessed so but we all know Liverpool,  they will probably spend it on absolute shit again anyway  :) But unlike Dalglish, Rodgers may actually know something about football and football players.

Guest bimpy474

Time will tell on that i would reckon, he as manager would have imput and discuss the style of football he will impliment, and what players he would need to fit that style with Van Gaal or whoever the DOF is.

He wouldn't take the job if he wasn't involved in those decisions imo.

If Van Gaal is in the background as DOF, Rodgers will be eaten alive.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah I guessed so but we all know Liverpool,  they will probably spend it on absolute shit again anyway  :) But unlike Dalglish, Rodgers may actually know something about football and football players.

Dont say that i would be heartbroken, selfishly i just want the next manager of that disgusting club to fail, nothing would be funnier than seeing them fight relegation.

Won't he need loads and loads of money to build a side that plays anything like Swansea?

For all the good stuff Swansea played, they got figured out by several teams near the end and there's a genuine chance they will suffer 'second season syndrome'. He's an alright manager, but a result of the overhyping in this country and for me this will only end in disaster for both parties. Excellent.

Won't he need loads and loads of money to build a side that plays anything like Swansea?

For all the good stuff Swansea played, they got figured out by several teams near the end and there's a genuine chance they will suffer 'second season syndrome'. He's an alright manager, but a result of the overhyping in this country and for me this will only end in disaster for both parties. Excellent.

Swansea will probably go route one and Stoke their way to safety, Liverpool will suffer Swansea's Second Season Syndrome with Rodgers' style being sussed. Everyone wins.

I ridiculed the possible signing of Martinez as Liverpool manager, but this is possibly even worse. Besides being completely unproven at that level, his style of football is the complete opposite of the Moneyball slight on football Liverpool have been trying to implement at a huge expense in the last transfer windows. They are set up to put as many crosses into the box as possible for Carroll to pounce on; I can't see a manager who would be further removed from this than Rodgers in the Premiership. Their squad would essentially be a write off.

Bring it on I say! :celb:

I ridiculed the possible signing of Martinez as Liverpool manager, but this is possibly even worse. Besides being completely unproven at that level, his style of football is the complete opposite of the Moneyball slight on football Liverpool have been trying to implement at a huge expense in the last transfer windows. They are set up to put as many crosses into the box as possible for Carroll to pounce on; I can't see a manager who would be further removed from this than Rodgers in the Premiership. Their squad would essentially be a write off.

Bring it on I say! :celb:

Will certainly be interesting to see how his deeply flawed, one dimensional football goes over when they're mid-table in October.

I honestly think Swansea's success goes deeper than the manager, with continuity in personel behind the scenes and a style of play now engrained in the club - largely started by Martinez.

It will be interesting to see how Rodgers will do outside of it. Reminds me a bit of McLaren doing well at Twente but stinking everywhere else, a very well ran club.

They seem to be very supportive of this on RAWK... I don't understand why Martinez was the anti-christ but Rodgers is great.

Because Liverpool fans are thick as pig shit.

Liverpool need to score more goals. You don't score goals by passing it sideways in midfield. It might suit Henderson and Downing though!

How many chances did Swansea create when we played at their place? They had something like 70% possession but I don't remember them doing anything with it.