The Liverpool Thread

Parky

If we want a traditional centre forward I'd still take Ba over Carroll for that role, less trouble and mentally stronger, and a better footballer. Can't see the need for 2 of that type, I want a striker who can play in a front 3 now.

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Andy-Carroll-Dive.jpg

And?

Wouldn't be so "and?" if he got the penalty and Krul went off I imagine? It perfectly sums up why he shouldn't play for us again. I could drag up some quotes about how he loves us and is one of us etc but why bother now? He's chosen his path, let him continue down it.

Guest BooBoo

I think that's pretty petty really.

I'm less interested in bullshit like that and more interested in having good players at the club. Carroll coud still do a good job for us. If we rule out signing anyone on the basis that they've acted the knob on occasions, then we'll be left with a fairly small pool of players.

At the end of the day, for me, he's only had close to a year of looking like a very good player. Only 6 months of that was in the top flight.

Admittedly he WAS very good particularly in the second 6 months, but I never rated him before that spell and he's been rubbish since. Which one is the real Carroll? I'd rather us sign players who we're confident can do it and just because Carroll played for us and is local I don't think you can ignore the fact he is still relatively unproven.

I think that's pretty petty really.

I'm less interested in bullshit like that and more interested in having good players at the club. Carroll coud still do a good job for us. If we rule out signing anyone on the basis that they've acted the knob on occasions, then we'll be left with a fairly small pool of players.

We've got a large pool of players now who are very likable and they got us 5th. There's simply far too many negatives for Carroll to come back now.

Carroll? f*ck off.

1. He will demand to start

2. He doesn't fit 4-3-3

3. Hoof ball will return and often !

There's probably more reasons too, but i cant think of them atm.

4. He's a pisshead, acts like a knob and has broken the jaw of one of our players.

5. His current wages at Liverpool are probably far higher than our current wage structure.

6 - And the most important one - He's not anywhere near as good as either of our front 3.

Guest VegasToon

Dempsey to this mob is the latest shite too.

Do not want

Please God or Allah NO!    :'(

Who did nothing of note at Roma last season.

That's not true, he was good for Roma last season. Played his way into the Italy squad.

Just seems like a convenient rumour based off them spending a year together at Swansea. I don't see Liverpool spending big on him, and I don't see Roma selling cheap.

edit: didn't even spend a year. Spent like 3-4 months.

So let me get this straight, we buy the remaining 50% of a player to own him outright just to sell him less then a month later? :yao:

If he signs for the bin dippers this summer I'll wash my face with my own jizz

That's not true, he was good for Roma last season. Played his way into the Italy squad.

Just seems like a convenient rumour based off them spending a year together at Swansea. I don't see Liverpool spending big on him, and I don't see Roma selling cheap.

So let me get this straight, we buy the remaining 50% of a player to own him outright just to sell him less then a month later? :yao:

That happens.

That happens.

Not when he'll probably start, or at least play a lot more games next year. He's pretty good man, and after (hopefully) Borriello fucking off I could see him coming in for / Totti / Osvaldo / Lamela

Guest Recoba

That happens.

Not when he'll probably start, or at least play a lot more games next year. He's pretty good man, and after (hopefully) Borriello f***ing off I could see him coming in for / Totti / Osvaldo / Lamela

Does Bojan have a future, or is he seen as a wide man?

Guest Howaythetoon

If we want a traditional centre forward I'd still take Ba over Carroll for that role, less trouble and mentally stronger, and a better footballer. Can't see the need for 2 of that type, I want a striker who can play in a front 3 now.

Ba is 3 times the player Carroll is and ever will be. People may laugh but Best is better than Carroll and as a footballer, so is Shola.