The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest elbee909

I was really wound up :lol:

They basically said that if the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa were given a choice to go to Liverpool, they would say yes immediately.

And Marveaux too?  Oh, wait...

Do footballers really see Liverpool as one of the leading lights in football nowadays? I've never known Liverpool to be anything more than a decent cup side in my lifetime, so I can't comprehend this whole idea. Yes they won the European Cup a few years ago, but that was due to a lot of luck more than genuinely being the best side in Europe.

Their foothold in things like Asian/US marketing etc makes them a lot of money. They're still a big name and have cash to burn so will always be able to sign players. They've dropped off last 2 or 3 seasons though IMO, lack of CL is the ultimate factor in terms of attracting the very top players.

I don't think Torres when they signed him would go to the current Liverpool for example. Or for a now example somebody of a similar level like Cavani. Actually think their failed buy-british policy will have done them a lot of bad in terms of being able to attract players from the continent.

Lucas better than Tiote :lol: Fuck Im the pro-brazilian and Im laughing hard at it. Lucas has had what, 6months of DECENT football in England. Been pure shit otherwise in the Premier League and is not much more than a tactical defensive midfielder who is extremely limited in all other areas.

Lucas better than Tiote :lol: Fuck Im the pro-brazilian and Im laughing hard at it. Lucas has had what, 6months of DECENT football in England. Been pure shit otherwise in the Premier League and is not much more than a tactical defensive midfielder who is extremely limited in all other areas.

Lucas is a good player. They missed him massively when he was injured.

Guest BooBoo

Rodgers has shown himself to be a bit of an arse with the Carroll saga. To effectively dismiss a player through the media without speaking to him first is appalling management.

I'll be surprised if he lasts the season, massively out of his depth.

Guest Brazilianbob

Personally I reckon Rodgers has been told he will have to sell to finance his team building.  He wasnt going to sell Suarez cos the fans would have lynched him so the next saleable asset that he could get away with selling is Carroll.  On top of that they now have Borini so Carroll would have been a very expensive bench warmer.  Far better to get what they can now.

Guest BooBoo

Rodgers should learn lessons from AVB's time at Chelsea and not immediately ruffle feathers.

True.

He's gone in like a bull in a china shop.

Rodgers should learn lessons from AVB's time at Chelsea and not immediately ruffle feathers.

True.

He's gone in like a bull in a china shop.

Might have a little peak at their early fixtures. ;)

Lucas better than Tiote :lol: f*** Im the pro-brazilian and Im laughing hard at it. Lucas has had what, 6months of DECENT football in England. Been pure s*** otherwise in the Premier League and is not much more than a tactical defensive midfielder who is extremely limited in all other areas.

I got sent a link to a statistical report which proved that Lucas is better than Tiote. Apparently, Lucas would outmuscle Tiote rather easily :lol:

I think it'll start ok but once the 'top 4' begin to pull away from them the pressure will increase. They can't really afford another couple of seasons without CL football having already missed out for the last few years. As that pressure increases then I think he'll struggle and can't see him shifting them forward as a club. 

With him trying to boot Carroll out and bring in Joe Allen it's clear he's going to try and Swansalona up Liverpool, but not sure I can see their midfield being up to it, or indeed half their team. Maybe get very solid...but they were already that. Rodgers should be more pragmatic, keep Carroll and focus on getting more dynamism in the team that they were so lacking under Dagliesh.

With him trying to boot Carroll out and bring in Joe Allen it's clear he's going to try and Swansalona up Liverpool, but not sure I can see their midfield being up to it, or indeed half their team. Maybe get very solid...but they were already that. Rodgers should be more pragmatic, keep Carroll and focus on getting more dynamism in the team that they were so lacking under Dagliesh.

thing is to me at least it seems he's gone a bit mad with all the praise he was getting and is getting caught up in his own ego trip, to not even attempt to use Carroll or even look at him in a training session is one of the daftest decisions I've come accross

Guest bimpy474

thing is to me at least it seems he's gone a bit mad with all the praise he was getting and is getting caught up in his own ego trip, to not even attempt to use Carroll or even look at him in a training session is one of the daftest decisions I've come accross

Telling him face to face would have been nice, total gutless prat in my book.

Lucas had an exceptional run of form before his injury in which I would say he performed 'better than Tiote does generally'.  Remains to be seen if Lucas returns to that level of performance next season.

Personally I reckon Rodgers has been told he will have to sell to finance his team building.  He wasnt going to sell Suarez cos the fans would have lynched him so the next saleable asset that he could get away with selling is Carroll.  On top of that they now have Borini so Carroll would have been a very expensive bench warmer.  Far better to get what they can now.

If that was true, why did Rodgers specifically hint at a Carroll loan, not an actual transfer out of the club?

Guest Roger Kint

ESPN Soccernet ‏@ESPNSoccernet

From the Fenway Sports Group website: "The team has added Fabio Borini and Clint Dempsey." #LFC

Apparently Fulham are denying this on their site

Edit: Has since been removed from their official site