The Liverpool Thread

Parky

We can't finish eighth

Come on, I know it was pretty difficult last year but I think he's putting them down a bit.  With new manager syndrome at the start of the season I reckon they can be top half, and even top eight.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, they shouldn't anymore. They're a relic. Around 6th is pretty much their par. Any higher and they've had a very good season iyam.

He's just saying Liverpool should expect better and to be fair, they should.

Why? They have a very average squad.

I agree, but it shouldn't be. I think that comment from Gerrard was about letting fans know that he and the squad recognises they had a poor season, they are a big name, that have spent a lot of money on players, so he has a point when he says that LFC should finish higher.

He's just saying Liverpool should expect better and to be fair, they should.

Why? They have a very average squad.

I agree, but it shouldn't be. I think that comment from Gerrard was about letting fans know that he and the squad recognises they had a poor season, they are a big name, that have spent a lot of money on players, so he has a point when he says that LFC should finish higher.

the expectation of finishing near the top without fail is whats hurting Liverpool at the moment, they've sacked their last 3 managers 2 after a relatively short period of time and given a legend for the club like Daglish was sacked for not being in the Champions League after winning 1 trophy and getting to the final of the other then unless Rogers is up there straight away he's screwed. The lack of a long term plan will only hurt them as no one has a chance to put any foundations down before the next guy is in with a completely different idea on football leaving some expensive aqusitions from the previous manager looking surplus to requirements and not wanted (Carroll the most glaring example here)

One of the most harmful things was Dagliesh's failure to find his best 11 really, bad squad but it needed to be settled. I suppose he's never going to be in want of midfield subs...Unless Boroni turns out to be amazing he's going to struggle to find much threat there.

Think that's quality of him though. If he's got a long-term plan for how he intends to sort that club out, then that's great news for Liverpool fans. I'd much sooner hire the guy who submits a 180-page dossier detailing exactly what he intends to do over the next X-amount of years than the manager who talks in vague soundbites (Redknapp). Hope it gets leaked too, would be a fascinating read.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I've read Sahin is off on loan to a premier league club not sure i'd put him into the superstar category but he'd be a solid signing

Arsenal was the rumoured club doing the rounds last week.