The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Funny how RAWK has become something of a police state these past eighteen months or so too :shifty:

They went far too ban-happy when Dalglish was at the helm, but this locking is par for the course.

You've got your fixture list/live streams thing and the RAWK mods have their libellous comments/rampant vitriol thing.

Funny how RAWK has become something of a police state these past eighteen months or so too :shifty:

They went far too ban-happy when Dalglish was at the helm, but this locking is par for the course.

You've got your fixture list/live streams thing and the RAWK mods have their libellous comments/rampant vitriol thing.

Slightly different though in fairness.

It's illegal to have the fixtures online if you don't pay for the right to show them

It's not clear whether it's illegal: Football DataCo (unsurprisingly) claims it is; the European Court of Justice says it isn't.

RAWK still prints 'em.

On the other hand, they like to head off any potential problems with potentially libellous comments before someone gets sued.

I know NO has been threatened by lawyers, but I don't know if RAWK has had any legal run-ins regarding comments.

At any rate, it's both positions make sense to me.

It's not clear whether it's illegal: Football DataCo (unsurprisingly) claims it is; the European Court of Justice says it isn't.

RAWK still prints 'em.

On the other hand, they like to head off any potential problems with potentially libellous comments before someone gets sued.

I know NO has been threatened by lawyers, but I don't know if RAWK has had any legal run-ins regarding comments.

Nah, they're fucking mental like :lol:

Potentially libellous comments could be anything, they just close anything they personally don't agree with (ie they loved King Kenny so any threads slating him would swiftly be closed/deleted and forum users threatened with bans).

RAWK still prints 'em.

Nah, they're fucking mental like :lol:

Potentially libellous comments could be anything, they just close anything they personally don't agree with (ie they loved King Kenny so any threads slating him would swiftly be closed/deleted and forum users threatened with bans).

Yeah, that was really ridiculous with Kenny. And they do tend to lock/delete any threads they consider to add nothing/drag down the tone. That's why I mostly post on here ;)

I was just wondering if Jen Chang is exerting some control there as well, tongue-in-cheek really.

Haha! If that's the case, he's been at it a lot longer than 18 months.

The RAWK thread on this was relatively sensible until the mods start deleting people's posts and then lock the thread.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=298771.0

What's the whole "on this day" they keep harping on about? Why is [the day the story was posted] so significant?

Something to do with the IPCC agreeing to review Hillsbrough.

RAWK still prints 'em.

Are RAWK not Liverpool's dedicated fan site for the fixtures? NUFC.com are ours so they only have to pay a pound to print them. Any other sites have to pay hundreds of pounds.

RAWK still prints 'em.

the previous incarnation of this site was actually shut down for months due to the fixtures being openly posted. hardly on a par with banning anyone who said Dalglish's tactics aren't getting the best out of players.

£266 + VAT for one club's fixture list. Cheeky gets. Especially when the ECJ has told them a couple of times already that they can't copyright fixture lists.

I still can't work out how it could be copyrighted, very strange.

Well, it can't really, but until someone stands up to the fuckers and stumps up for an expensive court case, they'll be able to bully us lil' 'uns into coughing up or backing down. Funnily enough, they haven't gone after any of the myriad public fixture lists on Google Calendar (one of which is mine).

the previous incarnation of this site was actually shut down for months due to the fixtures being openly posted. hardly on a par with banning anyone who said Dalglish's tactics aren't getting the best out of players.

No, of course it isn't. I do agree that the RAWK mods went way over the top when Dalglish was at the helm.

Posting fixture lists which could get the site shutdown and locking threads and eliminating discussion because someone said something the resident gestapo fuckwits don't agree with are very different.

Those morons want a happy happy joy club to ferment the cult of the chosen liverpool to ascend to the heights granted to them by almighty unintelligble glaswegian fuckwit some scottish bloke and the b****** love child of the bowl haircut and those scousers of the harry enfield show steeeeevie g.

f*** off liverpool and don't come back until you've learned some humility and intelligence.

Guest bimpy474

Posting fixture lists which could get the site shutdown and locking threads and eliminating discussion because someone said something the resident gestapo fuckwits don't agree with are very different.

Those morons want a happy happy joy club to ferment the cult of the chosen liverpool to ascend to the heights granted to them by almighty unintelligble glaswegian fuckwit some scottish bloke and the b****** love child of the bowl haircut and those scousers of the harry enfield show steeeeevie g.

f*** off liverpool and don't come back until you've learned some humility and intelligence.

:clap: 100% right.

Think i love ya Loki  :lol:

They seem to have a peculiar belief that it is inherently wrong to criticise anything, no matter how small about their club.

Eg. "Carragher is past it and we can't rely upon him anymore."

Response- "Sit back and have a think about what that man has achieved for Liverpool Football Club. Think about it, have a word and be prepared to grow up. Until that day, this thread will be locked."

Clowns.

:D

Some of the vitriol directed at LFC and RAWK on here is hilarious. I'd hate to see what it would be like if they'd actually done something to you.

Despite the 35m (turned out sweetly), the Carroll transfer pushed me over the edge. I think my hatred of LFC has gone down from 100/100 to 99/100 in the past six months, that's progress