The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he appeals this there is a chance he will play this weekend if the appeal isn't before the game.

I don't know, his appeal is against the length of the ban rather than his guilt. Not sure.

Something tells me I'm right. Could be from one of the [many] earlier famous bans. I'll happily be corrected though, if someone can come up with the definitive rule.

Its been answered several time in last few pages

Thanks. My mother always said never to go backwards in life.

I still can't find the answer.

He pleaded guilty to the offence but not the 3-match ban pre-hearing. Any further appeal will likely regard the length of the suspension. Anyway, he won't play against us whether he appeals or not.

"Suarez has until midday on Friday 26 April to appeal the additional suspension, above the standard three matches."

Any appeal is for the additional 7 match ban. Standard 3 match ban remains.

Guest Slippery Sam

He pleaded guilty to the offence but not the 3-match ban pre-hearing. Any further appeal will likely regard the length of the suspension. Anyway, he won't play against us whether he appeals or not.

Cheers.  When we lose, Parsnip will probably say our players were upset about Suarez not playing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he appeals this there is a chance he will play this weekend if the appeal isn't before the game.

I wouldn't have thought so, he will still be banned for sometime so I'm sure it will be resolved before he reaches the 3 game mark. If he appeals he will be appealing on the length of the ban not the actual ban.

I don't understand the outrage at all. If he played for Newcastle I would still be keen to see him banned for as long as possible. It beggars belief that anyone could object to it.

Liverpool fans are a special breed of supporters. Hard to rationally explain their beliefs.

I would love to see the argument for a shorter suspension.

"I would like the panel to consider that the last time Mr Suarez bit someone he was banned for only 7 games, when he was a massive racist he got a similar amount, when he dives around and handballs he barely ever gets a card. Therefore it's clear that 10 games for this offence is excessive."

As hilarious as it is, the FA really are a joke. Just plucking random numbers from wherever with no consistency, deciding which incidents to punish and which not to based on technicalities. The fact Defoe got away with just a yellow for an identical incident, whereas another player is given a 10 game ban... it's absurd.

So if Liverpool did decide to sell / Suarez decide he's had enough in the summer....

Who would actually be prepared to spend big on him? Can't see any of the top European teams going for him due to his discipline. Qatar maybe? :-)

I would like to believe this, but sadly almost everyone will ignore his hideous behaviour and try to buy him for a pretty massive fee.

As hilarious as it is, the FA really are a joke. Just plucking random numbers from wherever with no consistency, deciding which incidents to punish and which not to based on technicalities. The fact Defoe got away with just a yellow for an identical incident, whereas another player is given a 10 game ban... it's absurd.

Well that's the problem with the rule about the referee having dealt with the incident at the time. It should be changed, but it doesn't make this ban wrong.

So if Liverpool did decide to sell / Suarez decide he's had enough in the summer....

Who would actually be prepared to spend big on him? Can't see any of the top European teams going for him due to his discipline. Qatar maybe? :-)

Don't be daft, they will line up to buy him.

Well that's the problem with the rule about the referee having dealt with the incident at the time. It should be changed, but it doesn't make this ban wrong.

Do you think biting somebody is 7 games worse than breaking their leg?

This i do agree with the whole disciplinary system needs a major shake up, how ever considering the severity of the act and past acts from the player in question i do think the ban is fair.

It depends. Biting for me is a particular kind of disgusting.

Deliberately breaking someone's leg is extremely bad, accidentally doing it with a late tackle is part of football.

Why do you ask?

For me, it doesn't make a jot of difference what's happened with other incidents, fact is he bit someone and 10 games is fair do's imo.  Fuck, the cunt should be fucked off altogether, imagine a 'normal' person just bit someone they worked with? Sacked, police and involved etc, this cunt gets a 10 game ban and a fine, even though he'll still be picking up a massive wage whilst sitting out of games so the fines pretty much pointless.

Balls, hope the cunt get's out of the premier league.

It depends. Biting for me is a particular kind of disgusting.

Deliberately breaking someone's leg is extremely bad, accidentally doing it with a late tackle is part of football.

Why do you ask?

Fair argument. Still think there is little to no consistency, just random numbers plucked from thin air.

Depends how the leg was broken. Recklessness will never really have parity with intent to do harm.