The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Because people don't like to see it:

Remember when we finished miles above them and they were s*** and in disarray?

Amazing what spending a bit of money on a couple of strikers can do eh?

More an example of what sacking a crap manager and appointing a very good one can do.

A big club profiting from replacing an outdated manager with one who has a clear vision of passing and attacking football, keeping their very best players even if they want to leave and investing in the squad. Revolutionary stuff I guess.

Guest neesy111

A big club profiting from replacing an outdated manager with one who has a clear vision of passing and attacking football, keeping their very best players even if they want to leave and investing in the squad. Revolutionary stuff I guess.

I'm amazed this can happen in modern football.

Martinez would have been shite remember if he were to have came here. :thup:

All credit to the Scousers for yesterday's exploits. Pretty much a sign that they're not out of the title race just yet (hope to fuck they falter away mind, the last thing we need are their fans becoming big headed again...).

All credit to the Scousers for yesterday's exploits. Pretty much a sign that they're not out of the title race just yet (hope to fuck they falter away mind, the last thing we need are their fans becoming big headed again...).

Did they ever stop?

All credit to the Scousers for yesterday's exploits. Pretty much a sign that they're not out of the title race just yet (hope to f*** they falter away mind, the last thing we need are their fans becoming big headed again...).

Did they ever stop?

Good point but a title win would make the arrogance meter go into overload. Society would be doomed.

All credit to the Scousers for yesterday's exploits. Pretty much a sign that they're not out of the title race just yet (hope to f*** they falter away mind, the last thing we need are their fans becoming big headed again...).

Did they ever stop?

Good point but a title win would make the arrogance meter go into overload. Society would be doomed.

They really are no different to Manchester United "supporters". They had the same divine right to the title during the 80s

I very much would like to look upwards from now on, but if you offered me 4th now, I'd probably take it due to being a pessimistic fan by nature.

However, with European duties to come back for the top 3 (And Spurs), and us having back another couple of our defenders fit next week...well, if we win games, you never know.

It's probably better to review the situation after the next 3 games, which makes it with 10 games to go. I think things could change all over the place.

Chelsea: WBA (A), Everton (H), Fulham (A)

Arsenal: Man U (H), Sunderland (H), Stoke (A)

City: Sunderland (H), Stoke (H)

Liverpool: Fulham (A), Swansea (H), Southampton (A)

If we get 9 points from this lot, irrespective of how the rest of top 3 perform, I'll believe we are in the race. Big ask, especially with that Southampton game as they had the better of us earlier at Anfield (though without Coutinho and Suarez). We've broken a few voodoos this season at White Hart Lane and Britannia and Arsenal (H), so if we can correct our bad recent history vs. Saints, then things could look interesting.

And of course, we could conceivably be 3 points short of Arsenal with superior GD on Wednesday night, seeing they always mentally shit themselves vs. Man United. OR, be level on points with Spurs after a shock away defeat at Fulham. Having said that, hope you will do us a favour and get something from Spurs, so it'll be better. All in all, nothing is yet decided. This is the most exciting and unpredictable season in years, for every single team, bar Newcastle I would say. I am still absolutely baffled at how your owner and management threw the towel on the season on new year's day, when you were within touching distant of the top 5. Could have made the whole thing a hell lot more interesting !

I very much would like to look upwards from now on, but if you offered me 4th now, I'd probably take it due to being a pessimistic fan by nature.

However, with European duties to come back for the top 3 (And Spurs), and us having back another couple of our defenders fit next week...well, if we win games, you never know.

It's probably better to review the situation after the next 3 games, which makes it with 10 games to go. I think things could change all over the place.

Chelsea: WBA (A), Everton (H), Fulham (A)

Arsenal: Man U (H), Sunderland (H), Stoke (A)

City: Sunderland (H), Stoke (H)

Liverpool: Fulham (A), Swansea (H), Southampton (A)

If we get 9 points from this lot, irrespective of how the rest of top 3 perform, I'll believe we are in the race. Big ask, especially with that Southampton game as they had the better of us earlier at Anfield (though without Coutinho and Suarez). We've broken a few voodoos this season at White Hart Lane and Britannia and Arsenal (H), so if we can correct our bad recent history vs. Saints, then things could look interesting.

And of course, we could conceivably be 3 points short of Arsenal with superior GD on Wednesday night, seeing they always mentally s*** themselves vs. Man United. OR, be level on points with Spurs after a shock away defeat at Fulham. Having said that, hope you will do us a favour and get something from Spurs, so it'll be better. All in all, nothing is yet decided. This is the most exciting and unpredictable season in years, for every single team, bar Newcastle I would say. I am still absolutely baffled at how your owner and management threw the towel on the season on new year's day, when you were within touching distant of the top 5. Could have made the whole thing a hell lot more interesting !

Try last summer.

Guest zicomartin

As usual GC, it's not a matter of whether we will get fucked over, it's just a matter of how things have gone up till Jan 31st that dictates the extent of the ass-fucking we will have to endure.

:whatdidido:

Despised Liverpool for years but can't help but admire them right now.

Got a manager in with the right philosophy, gave him time and let him get on with it and get them trying to play footy the way it should be played after the dross they were served up under Hodgson and Dalglish.  Got rid their record signing because he wouldn't fit into his system and brought in gems like Sturridge and Coutinho for roughly £10m each.  He's even turned Henderson into one of England's best midfielders.