The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Hodgson's a good manager like, not sure what has happened to him at Liverpool - guess he's lost the dressing room and everyone's confidence is shot to pieces.

He's a very good manager at squeezing the best out of average players. This isn't the skill needed to handle the overpaid primadonnas of a Big Club. Failed at Internazionale too. Pity he left Fulham, really, as that club was perfect for him.

He bounced back after failing at Inter. He bounced back after failing at Blackburn. And he'll bounce back after this, with a nice pay-off from the new Yanks. If he wants to continue in management, he'll have job offers aplenty -- if not in England then from various corners of Europe.

Hodgeson could easily get out of this, the scousers all know Daglish would get it right, so why doesn't Roy just ask him what to do?  In fact, if Kenny loves this club, why hasn't he just been leaving a teamsheet on Roy's desk every Friday night before he leaves work, rather than letting them lose all these games?

Hodgeson could easily get out of this, the scousers all know Daglish would get it right, so why doesn't Roy just ask him what to do?  In fact, if Kenny loves this club, why hasn't he just been leaving a teamsheet on Roy's desk every Friday night before he leaves work, rather than letting them lose all these games?

The team gets leaked every week so he may well be doing that. :lol:

Board could be hoping that another twatting by Man U will cause so much resentment that he walks before he's pushed. I reckon they know how the weekend is going to pan out and it'll be seen by many as the final straw.

Really hope Man U go for the jugular. 

Board could be hoping that another twatting by Man U will cause so much resentment that he walks before he's pushed. I reckon they know how the weekend is going to pan out and it'll be seen by many as the final straw.

The derby is a week later though.

What if the new manager loses LFC's first derby at Anfield for over a decade? We destroyed them at Goodison and have played well in every 'big' game this season. Last night for example.

I think the owners will be hoping Roy can cling on until the derby, take out the potential banana skin for the new man and then sack him.

Didn't he stick through thick and thin until he got the sack at Blackburn?

i think he said he was asked to "do the honourable thing" by the blackburn chairman and resign and he refused, he'll hang on til the bitter end

i think he said he was asked to "do the honourable thing" by the blackburn chairman and resign and he refused, he'll hang on til the bitter end

Good.

Liverpool's situation reminds me a bit of our position under Dalglish - a team in decline with limited funds, but expectations and pressure still very high. It's a very difficult situation for the manager to handle. Looking at their team, I think upper mid-table is probably the right level, but the fans will see the manager as under-achieving. That team needs rebuilding, but I can't see any manager being given the time at the moment.

i think he said he was asked to "do the honourable thing" by the blackburn chairman and resign and he refused.

And quite right too. I've never got to grips with this idea of asking for someone's resignation. It feels cowardly. If you think someone should go, be straight and sack them.

The derby is a week later though.

What if the new manager loses LFC's first derby at Anfield for over a decade? We destroyed them at Goodison and have played well in every 'big' game this season. Last night for example.

I think the owners will be hoping Roy can cling on until the derby, take out the potential banana skin for the new man and then sack him.

Hadn't realised that the derby was so soon.

In that case I think you're right. Let him take the two bullets and the new bloke gets a clean slate so to speak. :thup:

Imagine this was us shouting for "King Kev"

The shit they give us for saying that.

Yeah. I laughed at NUFC fans for that, and I'd be laughing at my own for this if it weren't making me nervous instead...

can't afford to fire him

Can't afford not to.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Liverpool's situation reminds me a bit of our position under Dalglish - a team in decline with limited funds, but expectations and pressure still very high. It's a very difficult situation for the manager to handle. Looking at their team, I think upper mid-table is probably the right level, but the fans will see the manager as under-achieving. That team needs rebuilding, but I can't see any manager being given the time at the moment.

:thup:

laughed at nufc fans for that? no nufc fans had been chanting in the stands for Keegan before he was appointed, plenty of liverpool fans have been shouting for Dalglish. Keegan hadn't even been out of the game 3 years since doing a decent job at man city. dalglish has been out of this league for 13 years and has a few months in the piece of piss league over a decade ago as the last manager's job on his CV.