The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Torres out for two months.

Man, what has happened to him? Spotless fitness record until last year.

That's a blow for them, though looks like he won't be sold this window.

Selling Torres is only a losing proposition. If he goes, the manager won't see a penny of the cash.

Think you have hit the nail on the head here. Plus, who are you going to get better than Torres?

when you are selling cos you need the cash you mostly know you aren't going to get as good a replacement.

We don't need the cash. Those cockstashes who own the club do. I'll be so pissed of if they sell Torres to pay off their debts  :rant:

Selling Torres is only a losing proposition. If he goes, the manager won't see a penny of the cash.

Think you have hit the nail on the head here. Plus, who are you going to get better than Torres?

when you are selling cos you need the cash you mostly know you aren't going to get as good a replacement.

We don't need the cash. Those cockstashes who own the club do. I'll be so pissed of if they sell Torres to pay off their debts  :rant:

ill have a chuckle like.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pretty sure he broke his leg or something in Spain, and still had hamstring issues over there too - unless this was irony.

Pretty sure he broke his leg or something in Spain, and still had hamstring issues over there too - unless this was irony.

Not irony at all, 30+ games pretty much every season since he broke out into Atlético's starting XI. Maybe the fact that he's been playing so much since he was 17 has worn out his body, mind.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well that is a little ironic. Selling Michael Owen (with all his injury woes) for lots of money.

Degen free to find another club, not sure if that means no fee or not but at least Hodgson is starting to get rid of the crap Rafa brought in. Still loads more to go. Good manager my arse, fuking lucky he had Houillier's team for the CL final.

Guest Heneage

Not irony at all, 30+ games pretty much every season since he broke out into Atlético's starting XI. Maybe the fact that he's been playing so much since he was 17 has worn out his body, mind.

It wouldn't surprise me if such a young start is now hurting him. How was he physically when he began his career VI?

The signing of an established Premiership player like Cole is typical of Hodgson's grounded approach to football management. Although tbh he hasn't got a difficult act to follow - some of Fat Benny's dealings in the transfer market were beyond laughable. 

Guest palnese

Reina

Johnson Agger Skrtel New LB

Kuyt Lucas Gerrard Cole

Torres Huntelaar

It's pretty tasty. If they somehow kept Mascherano I'd put money on them regaining top 4.

No chance as their bench is mid-table at best.

Reina

Kuyt Lucas Gerrard Cole

Torres Huntelaar

It's pretty tasty. If they somehow kept Mascherano I'd put money on them regaining top 4.

Huntelaar has failed in Italy & Spain so it's very likely he won't succeed in England either if he goes there.

Lucas & Skrtl are two big weak spots down the spine of the team as well and it remains to be seen what quality of left back they can afford. My guess is someone average.

I'd be very surprised if they were top 4. Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs & City have far better squads and I'd say we're on a par with them. We had worse injury problems than any other side and were only 2 points behind them in the end.

Reina

Kuyt Lucas Gerrard Cole

Torres Huntelaar

No chance as their bench is mid-table at best.

That Jovanovic dude has looked decent the few times I have seen him, Carragher still can do a job, midfield replacements look bad though, and they essentially have no wide players.

Pacheco is going to be a star though, we'll need to do a Cesc with him in 3-4 years time.

Can see Huntelaar being the new Kuyt, despite Roeder not scouting him.

The one thing Hodgson is going to need if he is to succeed at Liverpool is time, two years minimum. The club is messy and unless new owners come in he wont have much money to spend to help his cause. I can see the scousers getting itchy feet by christmas if they are off the pace and the honeymoon period has worn off.

I hope it doesnt turn into another Blackburn experience for him.

I dont see Liverpool being top four this season the way things currently sit. A couple of big signings might change that, but Everton and Spurs will be pushing them all the way, maybe Villa too if O'Neill actually spends some of the Milner money.  Man City should be top four providing they gel just a little.

If they have patience Liverpool will pay dividens with Hodgson, if not we will see someone else at the helm this time next year.

I see us starting this season much better than in previous seasons, where Rafa's rotation has left us way off the pace by the time the squad is up to speed.

Even if we don't finish as strongly as under Rafa (barring last season), I reckon it will have a positive effect on the side. Hopefully, top 4, but it's touch and go.

City aren't finished spending yet and Spurs have barely even started.

Liverpool will overhaul Villa but will have to have some serious luck with injuries to finish 4th.

Chelsea

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Spurs

Liverpool

Villa

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I see us starting this season much better than in previous seasons, where Rafa's rotation has left us way off the pace by the time the squad is up to speed.

Even if we don't finish as strongly as under Rafa (barring last season), I reckon it will have a positive effect on the side. Hopefully, top 4, but it's touch and go.

Aye, but do you have the players fit enough (and injury free) to cope with Roy's pretty constant starting 11 philosophy? All good and well starting the season strong, but if you're shattered with a good quarter still to go, you'll soon drop down the table.

CL games will hurt Spurs more than people think. They don't have such a big squad. I agree about City being much stronger, but Liverpool look stronger than last season too. They will grab 5th easily in my opinion, and a chance of 4th if Hodgson really makes them tick.