The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, that has to be a right pain in more ways than one. If they weren't selling him, he's going to miss the start of the season at least. If they were selling him, its going to knock a bit off the price.

No worries, David N'Gog is ready to save you, Roy!

Aye, that has to be a right pain in more ways than one. If they weren't selling him, he's going to miss the start of the season at least. If they were selling him, its going to knock a bit off the price.

a bit? the way hes played this wc hes halved his transfer value

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

a bit? the way hes played this wc hes halved his transfer value

Well, aye, that as well!  :lol:

Torres didn't look too clever there.  :iamatwat:

Here's hoping his stock has fallen, and he doesn't get sold.

I read the price tag was £70m, well possibly before the end of season, but after his WC performances, Rafa departing, Yanks stepping up the sale, No CL, and now a possible injury, if Liverpool got offered £40m upfront outside of England I reckon there's a good chance he'd go, I think if a solid offer came in he'd be quite happy to move on.

I read the price tag was £70m, well possibly before the end of season, but after his WC performances, Rafa departing, Yanks stepping up the sale, No CL, and now a possible injury, if Liverpool got offered £40m upfront outside of England I reckon there's a good chance he'd go, I think if a solid offer came in he'd be quite happy to move on.

Where's the hands-over-your-ears la-la-la-la-la smiley?

Where's the hands-over-your-ears la-la-la-la-la smiley?

:( for you.

:lol: at the rest of Liverpool FC.

It's a shame as to what will happen to the money raised as well, Roy will be lucky to get back £15m to replace Torres, it's doable (need someone with pace and someone who doesn't get injured, a trade in against Torres quality for regularity) therefore it might be worth selling to Citeh or Chelsea for an inflated price due to selling within your Countries rivals, but then you really will need to be seeing £50m+ for that to happen and again a massive question mark over how much Roy will see of it.

I think holding on to Torres at all costs may not be the right thing to do, putting all your eggs in one basket for him to pull up with an injury for 5 months would cripple the club next season. Getting his wages off the books and money in is probably the more sensible move, but really does show the decline of your club and a slippery slope to mediocresville. 

Selling Torres is only a losing proposition. If he goes, the manager won't see a penny of the cash.

Trying to hang on to him is, therefore, a no-brainer. His wages are a drop in the ocean with regard to the financial situation.

I'm not yet convinced he's made of glass like Owen or Robben: he hasn't been given the chance to fully recover from his injuries.

With regard to the decline of the club, we've had one rotten season, and lost a brilliant manager. We'll have to wait and see what happens this season to talk seriously about decline. The financial situation is not of the club's doing. The banks are in charge now, and the club will be sold on, and the debts cleared (they're the owners' debts, not ours). (Of course, we might end up with another bunch of unmitigated cunts in charge...) The club itself remains financially viable.

Apparently Liverpool want £58m for Gerrard according to the Madrid President.  :mackems:

There's absolutely no chance in the fans misery ending any time soon with these two clowns overpricing everything, no chance a buyer will come in and take thre club on with their wild evaluations of everything and everyone.

They really do believe Liverpool are worth £1bn don't they?  :facepalm:

Selling Torres is only a losing proposition. If he goes, the manager won't see a penny of the cash.

Think you have hit the nail on the head here. Plus, who are you going to get better than Torres?

Pierluigi Casiraghi - can pick him up for about 8mil i reckon.

Think you have hit the nail on the head here. Plus, who are you going to get better than Torres?

when you are selling cos you need the cash you mostly know you aren't going to get as good a replacement.