The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Hangeland and Agger is a decent pairing at the back and that Jorgensen or whatever looked good for Serbia, if he spends the inevitable money from the Gerrard and Torres deals wisely they could still mount a challenge unfortunately (for fourth). Think Aquilani has got a lot more to show too.

If Gerrard and/or Torres get sold, there's not a cat in hell's change that Hodgson will see much, if any, of the money.

or Liverpool get 4th place.

I see pre-world cup The anti-Tery/DJ slayer stumped up the cash to fund a bar in Southport. Wonder if the DJ  takes request? Or is it a CD bar with the Krissy Commons stand in controlling the beats via remote control. Look at the pictures from the opening they had Liverpool answer to oor Cherly: Clarie Sweeny & Sloth from The Goonies at the opening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1272328/Alex-Curran-nips-hairdressers-ahead-launch-party-husband-Steven-Gerrards-new-bar.html

He's not allowed to sign any Fulham players.

"I'm happy at Fulham and I have just signed a long contract with the club, and that's where I am at the moment. But I'm expecting to have a chat with Roy Hodgson next week."

- Brede Hangeland to TV Vest.

Guest Antigalican

I like the guy, and wouldn't have minded seeing him in charge of England as some have sugged.

I never understood why Hodgson got this terrible rep, after what amounted to just a bad half season with Blackburn. Compared to the ease managers like, say, Dowie are given chance after chance...

The likes of Dowie and such others are run of the mill managers who get you promoted then relegated and thats there level imho while Woy has had a hell of a season last time with Fulham and has been brought in to steady the ship but that brings me onto the reason for his appointment when the club are up for sale a new owner may very well want there own choice of manager in and there you go a compensation package possibly costing the new owners more outlay.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I never understood why Hodgson got this terrible rep, after what amounted to just a bad half season with Blackburn. Compared to the ease managers like, say, Dowie are given chance after chance...

The likes of Dowie and such others are run of the mill managers who get you promoted then relegated and thats there level imho while Woy has had a hell of a season last time with Fulham and has been brought in to steady the ship but that brings me onto the reason for his appointment when the club are up for sale a new owner may very well want there own choice of manager in and there you go a compensation package possibly costing the new owners more outlay.

I'd also put it down to him not being a soundbite manager, so the papers are quick to dismiss him as a no one since he never gives them much in regards to quotables and such. Though I'm being highly cynical with that view. It was also his first job in England, so probably had a lot of 'Who is this guy' even though he was hugely respected in Europe

Guest Heneage

Apparently Fulham want Curbishley, but are having second thoughts as he has had a few rows with ex players in the current Fulham squad, most notably Danny Murphy.

Apparently Fulham want Curbishley, but are having second thoughts as he has had a few rows with ex players in the current Fulham squad, most notably Danny Murphy.

Would have thought Konchensky would be higher on that list.

Good move for Fulham though.

Brede Hangeland as good as ready for being announced as his first signing minutes after Hodgson's officially announced, apparently.

Would be superb if this was the end of Fulham punching above their weight. A mass clearance and shite managerial appointment would do us very handy indeed.

hold on i've just noticed the thread title; i thought parky vs benitez was based on the assertion that benitez was shit not that liverpool ruined him...

This one is a slightly different angle, it's a bit more Liv orientated. Is that alright with you?

Guest Heneage

Would have thought Konchensky would be higher on that list.

Good move for Fulham though.

Yeah. I think Murphy is the more vital cog though, the latter could easily be replaced.

hold on i've just noticed the thread title; i thought parky vs benitez was based on the assertion that benitez was shit not that liverpool ruined him...

This one is a slightly different angle, it's a bit more Liv orientated. Is that alright with you?

settle pettle, i just wondered if they tied in and i missed something

carry on  :pow:

He's gone backwards I think.

With Al Fayed selling Harrods Fulham are going to have a lot more cash to play with than Liverpool for the foreseeable future. Liverpool's squad will no doubt depleat further and anything below 5th improvement the next season would be seen as a failure. While a top 10 finish with little old fulham will be seen as a success, despite they're got money to spend.

With Al Fayed selling Harrods Fulham are going to have a lot more cash to play with than Liverpool for the foreseeable future. Liverpool's squad will no doubt depleat further and anything below 5th improvement the next season would be seen as a failure. While a top 10 finish with little old fulham will be seen as a success, despite they're got money to spend.

Al Fayed will not be pumping the funds from the sale of Harrods into Fulham, in fact he has said he will be looking to sell Fulham in the next few years.

Al Fayed will not be pumping the funds from the sale of Harrods into Fulham, in fact he has said he will be looking to sell Fulham in the next few years.

Think he'll be selling up...At a tidy profit?

I have no idea how much he has invested tbh.

I have no idea how much he has invested tbh.

Fulham lost £6.8million last year and, since Mohamed Fayed's takeover in 1997, have accumulated debts of £167.6m.

From Mohamed Al Fayed must tackle Fulham debt or face Euro ban

he loves the attention - saw him last season after the Chelski game there - surrounded by lovelies, coat over his shoulder, walking through the bar beside the river - just loving it

with the cash from Harrods he doesn't need to sell Fulham

he loves the attention - saw him last season after the Chelski game there - surrounded by lovelies, coat over his shoulder, walking through the bar beside the river - just loving it

with the cash from Harrods he doesn't need to sell Fulham

I think he'll keep it for a few more years but he is almost 80.

• 2 weeks later...