The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I see us starting this season much better than in previous seasons, where Rafa's rotation has left us way off the pace by the time the squad is up to speed.

Even if we don't finish as strongly as under Rafa (barring last season), I reckon it will have a positive effect on the side. Hopefully, top 4, but it's touch and go.

What if you don't? How long can the club go on living beyond its means, haemorrhaging more and more money? There's no guarantee that a saviour will come along and bail you out.

I see us starting this season much better than in previous seasons, where Rafa's rotation has left us way off the pace by the time the squad is up to speed.

Even if we don't finish as strongly as under Rafa (barring last season), I reckon it will have a positive effect on the side. Hopefully, top 4, but it's touch and go.

Aye, but do you have the players fit enough (and injury free) to cope with Roy's pretty constant starting 11 philosophy? All good and well starting the season strong, but if you're shattered with a good quarter still to go, you'll soon drop down the table.

You mean like every other team?

Take a step back, boy, and make the effort to apply the same standards to everyone.

Aye, but do you have the players fit enough (and injury free) to cope with Roy's pretty constant starting 11 philosophy? All good and well starting the season strong, but if you're shattered with a good quarter still to go, you'll soon drop down the table.

You mean like every other team?

Take a step back, boy, and make the effort to apply the same standards to everyone.

:lol:

Midfielder Javier Mascherano has been told he can leave Liverpool, having held talks with the club's hierarchy.

Midfielder Javier Mascherano has been told he can leave Liverpool, having held talks with the club's hierarchy.

:(

Lost your two best central midfielders in two years then. Is Danny Murphy still available?

Oh, and at least you've got Lucas.

He's certianly got his feet under the table, he's shipped:

Insua

Aurelio

Degen

Benayoun

Rodriguez

Riera

And has brought in:

Young (supposedly in the pipe line)

Wilson

Jovanovic

Cole

Bloody good buisness so far, although looks as though he'll have to find a replacement for Mascherano which won't be an easy task.

Guest palnese

Mascherano is overrated anyway.

Most Liverpool fans I know brand him as the best DM in the World. Meh, think not.

Guest Heneage

Insua

Aurelio

Degen

Benayoun

Rodriguez

Riera

And has brought in:

Wilson

Jovanovic

Cole

Bloody good buisness so far, although looks as though he'll have to find a replacement for Mascherano which won't be an easy task.

Insua's move has stalled over wages .I don't know who that is a worse reflection on, Fiorentina or Liverpool.

Insua

Aurelio

Degen

Benayoun

Rodriguez

Riera

And has brought in:

Wilson

Jovanovic

Cole

Insua's move has stalled over wages .I don't know who that is a worse reflection on, Fiorentina or Liverpool.

....or the player himself ?

Mascherano is overrated anyway.

Most Liverpool fans I know brand him as the best DM in the World. Meh, think not.

:thup:

Maybe the best stopper in the game but best all round defensive/holding mid? No chance. He can barely pass the ball.

Would have been much better if it was Torres or Gerrard being sold to raise funds.

Was Rodriguez on loan? Thought they'd already got Jovanovic aswell. Wish Hodgson hadn't have gone there, I like him as a manager but now will be forced to wish him to fail badly. :(

rodriguez wasnt on loan it just seems roy wants rid. And they did have jovanovic already agreed well before roy joined liverpool

if the beeb at correct, it's very odd how they have 'several bids on the table' when the asking price is £800m (I know they won't even get half that) and we couldn't get one person (who actually had/could raise the dough) when Ashley was seemingly willing to accept £80m. makes you wonder whether he actually wanted to sell at all.

if the beeb at correct, it's very odd how they have 'several bids on the table' when the asking price is £800m (I know they won't even get half that) and we couldn't get one person (who actually had/could raise the dough) when Ashley was seemingly willing to accept £80m. makes you wonder whether he actually wanted to sell at all.

end of the day we were a championship side last year with a very uncertain future, liverpool are one of the big names in football world wide and their name alone will attract interest

oh I totally accept that. they are a more saleable assett. but with their debt etc, are they ten times more attractive (based on rumored asking prices)? I think not.

to a person with more money than sense the idea of introducing himself as the liverpool owner might appeal despite other factors like debt