Adopted teams

Keefaz

I don't have an adopted team. I have no legitimate reason to adopt one so it'd be artificial to just decide to start supporting a team other than Newcastle and England now.

I generally favour teams with my favourite players, which used to be any team containing Zidane (and Henry in his pomp). I wouldn't say I ever adopted France or Real though (or Arsenal).

i'm reading a book at the moment called "I am the gloryhunter" about a lad who picked a team from a hat (it was grimsby) and moved there and followed them  them till they got beat and follwed the team that beat them, moving to that place etc throughout the season. the perfect example of "adopt a team" if ever there was. quite a funny read in a harry pearson type way.

I have quite a few teams that i have a soft spot for but wouldn't say i have adopted them as my second team, which includes Barcelona Bilbao, Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniours, Flamengo and i know this one will not be popular but i can't deny i have a soft spot for Liverpool.

Like the underdog do you?

I like them because they are clubs which are either different or have something special about them.

I have quite a few teams that i have a soft spot for but wouldn't say i have adopted them as my second team, which includes Barcelona Bilbao, Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniours, Flamengo and i know this one will not be popular but i can't deny i have a soft spot for Liverpool.

I like them because they ar eclubs which are iether different or have something special about them.

surely that should be bilboa and st pauli then ?

I like them because they ar eclubs which are iether different or have something special about them.

surely that should be bilboa and st pauli then ?

Good point i should have added St Pauli to the list as everyone knows they have amazing fans but i forgot.. I also forgot West and Bishop Auckland

i'm reading a book at the moment called "I am the gloryhunter" about a lad who picked a team from a hat (it was grimsby) and moved there and followed them  them till they got beat and follwed the team that beat them, moving to that place etc throughout the season. the perfect example of "adopt a team" if ever there was. quite a funny read in a harry pearson type way.

Spencer Austin. I followed the whole thing as it happened on his ITV blog and facebook page. He spent quite a while in Brentford and a few of the locals have become good friends with him. The whole experiment didn't really work as he had originally hoped as he thought he'd end up at a team in the upper echelons winning trophies etc, but he got stuck bouncing around league 2. In the end he said he wouldn't have changed it though as he met loads of interesting people.

I like them because they are clubs which are either different or have something special about them.

Whats so special/different about Flamengo?

Boca, Barca and Liverpool i can see the attraction but Flamengo?

None. I'll look out for the Yorkshire teams results bar Huddersfield and Hull because I can't stand the pair of them, I've got the odd soft spot and I liked Queen of The South when I was a kid because of the different name. If I had to say one it would be FC Halifax Town, used to go a fair bit and its nice to see them slowly working their way back up after being fucked over by the gods of financial turmoil.

Guest Roger Kint

Cagliari

Since Italia 90(and the Gazza inspired C4 coverage) i got into Italian football and went to John Burridges shop and ended up with a home shirt(think it was 92/93) as they were a lower team on the up and it looked nice. Followed Lazio just for Gazza but was more into Cagliari games when they were on, loved to watch Dely Valdes and Oliveira and later Muzzi.

Dont really follow any other teams aside from NUFC though.

Apparently they have the biggest fanbase in the world and its not just because of a load of glory supporters.

Apparently they have the biggest fanbase in the world and its not just because of a load of glory supporters.

Could believe that, I'd estimate that 75% of shirts I saw people wearing in Brazil were Flamengo, upto 95% in Rio.

Elgin City. Play in black & white, they're shit, it's meant to be.

Maidenhead Utd for the same reason, also they're called the Magpies. And I used to live there for a bit.

Another shite club. Although we do visit the strip bar in town every time Hampton are playing there. Makes it feel like being in Newcastle.

Could believe that, I'd estimate that 75% of shirts I saw people wearing in Brazil were Flamengo, upto 95% in Rio.

I heard they have an estimated 33 million fans. Which is a huge number, i would be quite interested to find out how many fans we have, we are considered to have one of the biggest fanbases in Englandi would be surprised if we had a tenth of their fans.

St Mirren. Saw them play a few times on a visit to the area back in the 80s. Stayed in a village called Bridge of Weir. They're black and white and are a real club, with real fans who resist watching the old firm, despite them both playing on St Mirrens' doorstep.

St Mirren. Saw them play a few times on a visit to the area back in the 80s. Stayed in a village called Bridge of Weir. They're black and white and are a real club, with real fans who resist watching the old firm, despite them both playing on St Mirrens' doorstep.

Great team, great support and great history.

An excellent choice.

I am biased though. My uncle played for them and still lives in Paisley.