James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest firetotheworks

Still too early to say. I'll give him a chance to iron it out. He's a good footballer already, but his defending has been shoddy.

Fwiw, I still think he's been better than Simpson, who cannot defend at all.

Including pre-season, how many times has he been chasing the ball at pace shoulder to shoulder with a player and ended up bringing them down? That aspect of his game makes him a complete liability alone.

I slagged him off pre season. He looked terrible, but in all honesty it counts for nothing when he has improved since then. He was singled out as our weakness against Man United, and rightly so, but I don't think he was terrible. he was much improved against Villa. Against Wolves I thought he was at fault for their goal, but I think the responsibility is shared between him and Williamson. That challenge that should have been a pen was bad though.

But in terms of your point, I'd rather he brought a player down than Simpson who just stands off until they're in the box.

I feel a bit sorry for Raylor too but after seeing Perch a few times last season (albeit on the box) I believe he can only get better. Yeah ok so he has made some silly errors BUT lets give him a bit of a chance here, whats her played now? 3 premier league games in his entire career?

I feel a bit sorry for Raylor too but after seeing Perch a few times last season (albeit on the box) I believe he can only get better. Yeah ok so he has made some silly errors BUT lets give him a bit of a chance here, whats her played now? 3 premier league games in his entire career?

Burn him.

Dreadful player. Shocking we paid for him. I wanted Danny Simpson replaced, but now I want him to come back ASAP.

The lad's had three games. The first he had a shitter first half but grew into the game as it went on. He then had a stormer against Villa and a game against Wolves where he didn't do a lot right but he didn't do a wrong either (I can't remember anything particularly bad bar the penalty incident), he was average. So based on those three performances each differing in quality you can conclude he is a dreadful player?

Don't get me wrong he's never going to be a world beater, he has limited ability but I think given the chance he could become a solid right back. For me Simpson and Perch will need replacing if and when we grow as a Premier League outfit but at the minute we have mpre pressing concerns. For a million quid its not like he doesnt have sell on vlaue either if he doesnt prgress how we hope.

Basically, its far too early to be calling him a dreadful player, you might be right given time but give the lad a chance.

Dreadful player. Shocking we paid for him. I wanted Danny Simpson replaced, but now I want him to come back ASAP.

The lad's had three games. The first he had a shitter first half but grew into the game as it went on. He then had a stormer against Villa and a game against Wolves where he didn't do a lot right but he didn't do a wrong either (I can't remember anything particularly bad bar the penalty incident), he was average. So based on those three performances each differing in quality you can conclude he is a dreadful player?

Don't get me wrong he's never going to be a world beater, he has limited ability but I think given the chance he could become a solid right back. For me Simpson and Perch will need replacing if and when we grow as a Premier League outfit but at the minute we have mpre pressing concerns. For a million quid its not like he doesnt have sell on vlaue either if he doesnt prgress how we hope.

Basically, its far too early to be calling him a dreadful player, you might be right given time but give the lad a chance.

Well said. It's almost becoming a parody how quickly players are being written off now by some. I am 90% certain he was written off by half time into his debut by someone.

Guest LucasUnger

still too early to write him off..... but he dosen't look great apart from being a good athlete, i think.

then i'll write him off now.

Guest firetotheworks

People just love, nay, NEED a scapegoat.

Give the kid a chance.

:thup:

Absolutely.

It's good to know that you've learned from the Enrique thing as well. (The last time I mention it, I promise)

Guest firetotheworks

I blamed him at the time, but looking at it again, I think the responsibility is shared with him and Williamson. Especially as Ebanks-Blake also knocked jose off the ball beforehand, I think expecting Perch to hold him off is unfair.

You can attribute blame to both Williamson and Perch for their goal, but mostly I think you just have to put it down as a lovely bit of play from the goalscorer.

That said, Perch does look a bit lost out there at the moment. Think he could be a decent player with some proper coaching though, he's a very good athlete which certainly helps his cause.

Guest geordienorway

The amount of stick certain posters give Perch is unbelievable. Yes, he has been exposed a couple of times so far, but he certainly has talent. Perch has spent the last six years playing in a league where Jerome Thomas, Darren Ambrose and Peter Whittingham are the most threatening wingers, so it's insane to expect him to have Nani in his back pocket in his first premiership game. Give him some time ffs.

You can attribute blame to both Williamson and Perch for their goal, but mostly I think you just have to put it down as a lovely bit of play from the goalscorer.

That said, Perch does look a bit lost out there at the moment. Think he could be a decent player with some proper coaching though, he's a very good athlete which certainly helps his cause.

Spot on, I said somewhere else but not every goal always has to be someones fault. There wouldn't be a good defender around if it was the case.

The penalty would have been his thought if given though obviously.

I am concerned about his wreckless play and hope once he settles a bit that will calm down a little. I am not overly confident on him but it's crazy to decide now that he isn't good enough.

The amount of stick certain posters give Perch is unbelievable. Yes, he has been exposed a couple of times so far, but he certainly has talent. Perch has spent the last six years playing in a league where Jerome Thomas, Darren Ambrose and Peter Whittingham are the most threatening wingers, so it's insane to expect him to have Nani in his back pocket in his first premiership game. Give him some time ffs.

Agree with this. I reckon he'll turn out pretty good once he's settled, not worried at all just yet.

Bergkampesque. ;D