James Perch

BeloEmre

Nice way to deal with a ball across the box, turn around and flick your leg up at it.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2l8esu8.png

:undecided:

Not sure if your comment was tongue in cheek but after watching the highlights that's a bit harsh.

Perch tracks Miller, does well to block the first cross but as happens often after a block the balls bounces around a bit and Perch has no idea where it is, when he realises where it is he has his back to it and fortunately for Miller it has already fallen to his feet and he is ready to put a cross in. Unless Perch manages to do a complete 180 and then get a foot in within a tenth of a second there wasn't much else he could do.

• 4 weeks later...
Derby boss Nigel Clough is keen on taking Newcastle right-back James Perch on a short-term loan.

Clough is without first-choice John Brayford for a few weeks and is interested in the former Nottingham Forest prospect.

The versatile Toon defender could be called in by the Rams next week, but Clough will give Russell Anderson the job for Saturday's home date with Southampton.

Perch had a stormy start to his Newcastle career, clocking up a string of bookings.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-defender-James-Perch-set-to-join-Derby-on-short-term-loan-article812073.html

:frantic:

Wouldn't mind seeing him going out on loan if we recalled Tavernier.

Tavernier's worse than Perch. Far too inexperienced to be considered for this level.

Disagree. Thought Tavernier looked calm and composed in pre season and the very little I've seen of him at Carlisle he's looked really calm and composed on the ball. Complete opposite of Perch.

Guest Geordiesned

Tavernier's worse than Perch. Far too inexperienced to be considered for this level.

Disagree. Thought Tavernier looked calm and composed in pre season and the very little I've seen of him at Carlisle he's looked really calm and composed on the ball. Complete opposite of Perch.

Carlisle fan at work who goes to all their home matches and a few away has said whilst Tavernier has been impressive going forward he keeps forgetting he's a defender and has been caught out of position and in possession a lot.

I thought the opposite tbh but I reckon that was down to a lack of experience more than anything.

Carlisle fan at work who goes to all their home matches and a few away has said whilst Tavernier has been impressive going forward he keeps forgetting he's a defender and has been caught out of position and in possession a lot.

Hmmmm...looked really calm on the ball in pre season, a lot like Colo (Of course nowhere near that standard yet). I can't see us recalling him thought tbh, especially when he is getting regular football down there.

I thought the opposite tbh but I reckon that was down to a lack of experience more than anything.

Same, particularly at Leeds.

• 2 weeks later...