James Perch

BeloEmre

Good luck James. Hope he gets more minutes there, a level he can handle.

I can understand the logic in him moving now... he was basically at the top of his form/ability and might well have realised that he would hardly play next season. This is probably the optimum point to make a move, when someone half decent might want him. From our side, no point in selling but not much point in keeping either.

Was very good cover and very reliable in the end, we are going to miss him big time.

Disagree....

At CM we have Bigi, Tiote, Anita, Cabaye, Sissoko.... at CB we have Coloccini, Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson and at FB we have Santon, Debuchy, Haidara with Anita and Yanga-Mbiwa being able to fill in.

Massive overreaction to this IMO...... he played far too much last season as is and stopped other players who showed a lot more.

If this sale means more minutes for Bigi, Anita and Sissoko playing in his proper position then i'm all for it.

There's a reason why players like Best, Simpson, Guthrie & Perch are in The Championship. We shouldn't even be looking to call on them when we have injuries. They're Championship players.

Ameobi & Williamson will/should be the next ones out that are no longer what we should be using the squad.

Was very good cover and very reliable in the end, we are going to miss him big time.

Disagree....

At CM we have Bigi, Tiote, Anita, Cabaye, Sissoko.... at CB we have Coloccini, Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson and at FB we have Santon, Debuchy, Haidara with Anita and Yanga-Mbiwa being able to fill in.

Massive overreaction to this IMO...... he played far too much last season as is and stopped other players who showed a lot more.

If this sale means more minutes for Bigi, Anita and Sissoko playing in his proper position then i'm all for it.

Totally agree. If we notice he is gone at all then we've either had a freakish amount of injuries or totally messed up our transfer dealings and/or team selection. All are possible obviously, but we seem to be well covered.

He was complete shit for ages then turned into a very solidaverage player almost overnight. It didn't last too long but it was a joy to watch someone so likeable win everyone over.

Goodbye Jems Porch.

:thup:

"It didn't last too long". He was genuinely good for a while.

Was anyone else at his debut against PSV in the Sir Bobby 'one year on' tribute-friendly at SJP? He was at right back.

Fucking hell, he made this absolutely awfully timed tackle on their lad who was pretty much in on goal after about 15 minutes and you could see the ref basically saying "if this was a proper match you'd be off", he went on to play shit and left for half time in the 'hands on back of head and gutted' pose.

I think Tavernier replaced him after an hour and looked infinitely better. :lol:

He hasn't been bad for a long time.

Of course he has improved a lot, I've admitted that loads of times.

But the better play isn't necessarily permanent just because it's more recent. Same goes in reverse will all the players who had bad seasons last year... it would be stupid to say that's a permanent example of their quality.

There's a reason why players like Best, Simpson, Guthrie & Perch are in The Championship. We shouldn't even be looking to call on them when we have injuries. They're Championship players.

Ameobi & Williamson will/should be the next ones out that are no longer what we should be using the squad.

So long as the regime isn't willing to spend the money to sign better, we will continue to require Championship players.

We won't pay for 'purple' players to sit on the bench or make up the squad.

So long as the regime isn't willing to spend the money to sign better, we will continue to require Championship players.

We won't pay for 'purple' players to sit on the bench or make up the squad.

You don't believe we'll be looking to sign players that are better than Williamson and Perch?

They can look all they fucking want.

Haven't we recently signed many players that are better than Williamson and Perch? In fact, almost everyone we've bought in the last two seasons is quality. I really don't get the recruitment criticism at all, it's the only thing that's working FFS.

Guest neesy111

Haven't we recently signed many players that are better than Williamson and Perch? In fact, almost everyone we've bought in the last two seasons is quality. I really don't get the recruitment criticism at all, it's the only thing that's working FFS.

It's flawed that's why.

It's flawed that's why.

It's not perfect, I've said that many times. But people go on like we never make any signings and we're filling our squad with Tomkins-alikes. It's borderline mental, it just flies in the face of all the evidence.

Guest neesy111

We are buying good players but not a team.  That's why it's flawed, we buying good individuals but looking at the reason why we massively struggled last season, we didn't look a team in most games.

Guest icemanblue

It's flawed that's why.

It's not perfect, I've said that many times. But people go on like we never make any signings and we're filling our squad with Tomkins-alikes. It's borderline mental, it just flies in the face of all the evidence.

It's gone beyond being funny to read, like. We've secured some incredibly talented players, for lower than average fees. While the criticisms aimed at squad size are valid, generalisations about our overall policy are absolutely bizarre.

The thread is about James Perch, a squad player.

Here's a generalisation: 'people go on like we never make any signings and we're filling our squad with Tomkins-alikes'.

We are buying good players but not a team.  That's why it's flawed, we buying good individuals but looking at the reason why we massively struggled last season, we didn't look a team in most games.

Do agree but i wouldn't put that solely down to the recruitment, the manager and his coaching staff has a part to play in this also.