James Perch

BeloEmre

From Daniel Taylor of the Guardian's Twitter:

'Undisclosed' #NUFC fee for James Perch was £1.2m(!). One of people involved: 'Great deal for everyone concerned. . except maybe Newcastle'

Grasping at straws.  I really don't care about the fee.  We signed a player that gives us some depth.  Solid pick up imo.  He only 24 and was a club captain. 

For Forest 1.2 million is a real load of money, is all that says.

Considering all you guys seem to do is harp on about how bitter us Forest fans are, you lot sure seem to have a chip on your shoulder in regards to us. We were top 6 biggest net spenders in the Championship for the past 2 seasons and are debt free. Yes, we were positively gagging for money. This isn't Jenas, you haven't just helped us stave off financial difficulties. In fact, from the looks of this forum, it seems like if anything, £1.2million was more than you guys were expecting to spend this summer.

As for Daniel Taylor, he's rarely, if ever wrong. Forest are one of those weird clubs that rarely report directly to the press (hence why you'll not hear us commenting on transfer stories too often, if at all, until they've happened), but word gets around anyway - that's how we found out about the Perch deal before you guys. I presume Newcastle run a tighter knit shop in respect to letting transfer targets loose? The way to be really.

Can't even spend your way out of the division, no wonder you are bitter.

Can't even spend your way to a title, no wonder you've been bitter. I'm not bitter thanks. All I've known as a Forest fan is s***, so I'm pretty much accustomed to it. Last year was a pleasant shock to the system.

Davies not knowing about it is pretty much for par here.  From the tone of his interview, it seems had it been a different player, he'd have been fuming, which tells me either he doesn't mind the deal we got for Perch, or he at least knew it was possibility. It's really nothing new though. Our Jan transfer debacle and Billy's reaction to it are the two reasons why we didn't remain competitive in the title challenge.

You sound bitter, bitter enough to come on here and give us your negative opinion, there's got to be some bitterness to do that. I don't go sign up to a fans forum everytime we sell a player and tell them how crap he is, the bitterness doesn't flow like that with me.

Were back in the prem, that's all that matters really, you've go it all to do and a panel is selling players behind your managers back regardless of how you want to dress it up. He won't stick around for long, if an offer comes in for himself he'll leave and no doubt you'll chase down the fans forum and tell them all how s*** a manager he is and you are quite happy to see the back of him.

Maybe we can sign him up, we need a new academy manager.

'Undisclosed' #NUFC fee for James Perch was £1.2m(!). One of people involved: 'Great deal for everyone concerned. . except maybe Newcastle'

Grasping at straws.  I really don't care about the fee.  We signed a player that gives us some depth.  Solid pick up imo.  He only 24 and was a club captain. 

Considering all you guys seem to do is harp on about how bitter us Forest fans are, you lot sure seem to have a chip on your shoulder in regards to us. We were top 6 biggest net spenders in the Championship for the past 2 seasons and are debt free. Yes, we were positively gagging for money. This isn't Jenas, you haven't just helped us stave off financial difficulties. In fact, from the looks of this forum, it seems like if anything, £1.2million was more than you guys were expecting to spend this summer.

As for Daniel Taylor, he's rarely, if ever wrong. Forest are one of those weird clubs that rarely report directly to the press (hence why you'll not hear us commenting on transfer stories too often, if at all, until they've happened), but word gets around anyway - that's how we found out about the Perch deal before you guys. I presume Newcastle run a tighter knit shop in respect to letting transfer targets loose? The way to be really.

Crikey, touchy.

Yeah sorry, know I overreacted a bit. Combination of heat and having been accused of bitterness by quite a few Newcastle fans I guess.

Can't even spend your way to a title, no wonder you've been bitter. I'm not bitter thanks. All I've known as a Forest fan is s***, so I'm pretty much accustomed to it. Last year was a pleasant shock to the system.

Davies not knowing about it is pretty much for par here.  From the tone of his interview, it seems had it been a different player, he'd have been fuming, which tells me either he doesn't mind the deal we got for Perch, or he at least knew it was possibility. It's really nothing new though. Our Jan transfer debacle and Billy's reaction to it are the two reasons why we didn't remain competitive in the title challenge.

You sound bitter, bitter enough to come on here and give us your negative opinion, there's got to be some bitterness to do that. I don't go sign up to a fans forum everytime we sell a player and tell them how crap he is, the bitterness doesn't flow like that with me.

Were back in the prem, that's all that matters really, you've go it all to do and a panel is selling players behind your managers back regardless of how you want to dress it up. He won't stick around for long, if an offer comes in for himself he'll leave and no doubt you'll chase down the fans forum and tell them all how s*** a manager he is and you are quite happy to see the back of him.

Actually, I signed up in January when your interest in Perch had become apparent to appease Newcastle fans that he wouldn't be a total catastrophe in the Championship, but nevertheless to share my bemusement in regards to your actual interest. Forest were still very much competitive at that time in terms of league position, our game against you was still to come, and I simply signed up to offer an opposition's perspective, as I know I'd appreciate if the shoe had been on the other foot. Of course, now the transfer has actually gone through, I'm bitter. Fine. If that's how you handle it, then fair enough.

I wouldn't care if Billy left if you really want to know. Would probably be a bit miffed, a bit annoyed, but his moaning in the press has annoyed me, and his inability to take the blame, and instead find his excuse in our 'young' squad does get a little frustrating when tactical failures were evident in our play-off embarrassment.

I for one was delighted to see you guys go back up. I have no grudge over an FA Cup game that happened before my time (I empathise with those who were around, including my dad who was there, but not those who carry it for the sake of having one), and as a supporter of '2 times European champions' Forest, whose supporters clearly believe they're as big as Man Utd and deserve to be back in the 'big time', and shouldn't have slummed it in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy against Chester, and in League One, I know exactly what it's like to be misrepresented by the media. Both sets of fans seem to carry the media's misconceptions of the other set of fans - that's the irony of the two clubs really. But yes, I'm bitter of your success and bitter about Perch leaving us for a decent fee. I apologise fully for trying to give you guys an insight, as evidently it was just a sign of bitterness on my part.

Splodgley

I was interested to see you mentioned that FA cup game which appears to still rankle Forest supporters. I assume you mean the 4-3 defeat at SJP in 1974?

For the life of me, I cannot understand why you guys should be upset. I was at that match, in the stands and had a birds eye view of the entire situation. The London press blew the entire matter out of proportion and seemed to be happy to lay the blame totally at our doorstep without any proportion of blame at all to the refereeing of the game or for that matter, the physical assault by two Forest players on young Newcastle supporters who ran on the pitch to get away from the crush. One of the players concerned was a certain Dave Serella who knocked the seven bells of hell out of a young kid as he ran past. It prompted me to write to a national newspaper asking them to obtain TV footage and instigate proceedings against Serella and his mate. Needless to say, nothing happened but it is was a bloody disgrace.

You might also tell your Dad to remember that with half an hour to go, 3-1 up with a man advantage on the park, the referee offered your manager and your team the option of having the game abandoned and replayed later. Needless to say, your lot said you wanted to finish the game so having complaints about the entire situation are totally incorrect. You had the advantage in all ways and lost it.......simple as that.

How do I know these things? The Newcastle United goalkeeper, Willie McFaul and the reserve team left back, Alan Kennedy, are both personal friends of mine and both told me what went on behind the scenes during that 20 minute interlude in the game. Apparently, Forest manager, Alan Brown, wouldnt hear of the game being called off whilst Newcastle manager, Joe Harvey, had no alternative but to go along with whatever decision was cooked up.

Later on, a Forest player told a Newcastle player after the replays at Goodison Park that they were all shocked at eventually losIng that game at SJP that they cooked up a false story of players being attacked by the fans in order to force the FA into ordering a replay. They knew that none of their players were touched and in fact, some of them were extremely upset at Serella and his mate for attacking those young fans.

Justice was done in the end. So, after all these years, you can tell your Dad and those fans who still hold a grudge, the real truth.

Guest Splodgely

:lol: @ Splodgely

systematically dismantled in every post made

That was one minor aspect of one post I've made. Hardly a dismantling really, unless you're that desperate to gain some sense of superiority when all I came on here for was to offer an alternative perspective.

Crikey, touchy.

Yeah sorry, know I overreacted a bit. Combination of heat and having been accused of bitterness by quite a few Newcastle fans I guess.

Actually, I signed up in January when your interest in Perch had become apparent to appease Newcastle fans that he wouldn't be a total catastrophe in the Championship, but nevertheless to share my bemusement in regards to your actual interest. Forest were still very much competitive at that time in terms of league position, our game against you was still to come, and I simply signed up to offer an opposition's perspective, as I know I'd appreciate if the shoe had been on the other foot. Of course, now the transfer has actually gone through, I'm bitter. Fine. If that's how you handle it, then fair enough.

I wouldn't care if Billy left if you really want to know. Would probably be a bit miffed, a bit annoyed, but his moaning in the press has annoyed me, and his inability to take the blame, and instead find his excuse in our 'young' squad does get a little frustrating when tactical failures were evident in our play-off embarrassment.

I for one was delighted to see you guys go back up. I have no grudge over an FA Cup game that happened before my time (I empathise with those who were around, including my dad who was there, but not those who carry it for the sake of having one), and as a supporter of '2 times European champions' Forest, whose supporters clearly believe they're as big as Man Utd and deserve to be back in the 'big time', and shouldn't have slummed it in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy against Chester, and in League One, I know exactly what it's like to be misrepresented by the media. Both sets of fans seem to carry the media's misconceptions of the other set of fans - that's the irony of the two clubs really. But yes, I'm bitter of your success and bitter about Perch leaving us for a decent fee. I apologise fully for trying to give you guys an insight, as evidently it was just a sign of bitterness on my part.

Splodgley

I was interested to see you mentioned that FA cup game which appears to still rankle Forest supporters. I assume you mean the 4-3 defeat at SJP in 1974?

For the life of me, I cannot understand why you guys should be upset. I was at that match, in the stands and had a birds eye view of the entire situation. The London press blew the entire matter out of proportion and seemed to be happy to lay the blame totally at our doorstep without any proportion of blame at all to the refereeing of the game or for that matter, the physical assault by two Forest players on young Newcastle supporters who ran on the pitch to get away from the crush. One of the players concerned was a certain Dave Serella who knocked the seven bells of hell out of a young kid as he ran past. It prompted me to write to a national newspaper asking them to obtain TV footage and instigate proceedings against Serella and his mate. Needless to say, nothing happened but it is was a bloody disgrace.

You might also tell your Dad to remember that with half an hour to go, 3-1 up with a man advantage on the park, the referee offered your manager and your team the option of having the game abandoned and replayed later. Needless to say, your lot said you wanted to finish the game so having complaints about the entire situation are totally incorrect. You had the advantage in all ways and lost it.......simple as that.

How do I know these things? The Newcastle United goalkeeper, Willie McFaul and the reserve team left back, Alan Kennedy, are both personal friends of mine and both told me what went on behind the scenes during that 20 minute interlude in the game. Apparently, Forest manager, Alan Brown, wouldnt hear of the game being called off whilst Newcastle manager, Joe Harvey, had no alternative but to go along with whatever decision was cooked up.

Later on, a Forest player told a Newcastle player after the replays at Goodison Park that they were all shocked at eventually losIng that game at SJP that they cooked up a false story of players being attacked by the fans in order to force the FA into ordering a replay. They knew that none of their players were touched and in fact, some of them were extremely upset at Serella and his mate for attacking those young fans.

Justice was done in the end. So, after all these years, you can tell your Dad and those fans who still hold a grudge, the real truth.

Just to clarify, my dad actually likes Geordies, I was merely using him as a reference point as to why older Forest fans don't like you lot. Secondly, having the game abandoned and replayed at a later date, when we were 3-1 up is obviously an advantage to you, as the FA later agreed (as I believe it was replayed at Goodison or somewhere?). Thirdly, it's not simply an issue of players being attacked. I believe the main line of argument was that mentally, we just switched off believing the game to be over - fair enough, you guys took advantage of that. As I say, neither myself nor anyone I personally know, hates you lot. I do know of many older fans who keep a grudge because of that (and let's be frank, among football fans that's hardly surprising). Where your grudge against us lies, I have no idea, but there certainly seems to be one. And also, just because you heard it from the players of that time, doesn't ensure its complete factual accuracy.

Just to reiterate, I'm not saying that it's correct to hold a grudge over that game, simply that some do. I know some of my dad's mates hold a grudge not over the game, but over the fact that after the game, their coach got bricked by Newcastle fans. My dad was never on the coach, so he's never had any issues with you lot, but a lot went on at that game, both during and after the match, between both sets of supporters from what I can tell.

Guest Splodgely

We quadrupled his salary apparently, can't of been on much at Forest.

Sounds like a lot of arse covering from the Forest board tbh.

Wouldn't put it past our lot. :laugh:

Splodge

I dont personally have anything against your team, nor do I know any NUFC fans who do.

Assumptions regarding you lot switching off in that match can also be termed as our lot, not having anything to play for, upped their game.

Anyway, the fact that Serella and Co. got off scot free for their involvement should not be under estimated in what was clearly, at the time and still stands today in some circles, the indifference of the southern press to NUFC.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: @ Splodgely

systematically dismantled in every post made

That was one minor aspect of one post I've made. Hardly a dismantling really, unless you're that desperate to gain some sense of superiority when all I came on here for was to offer an alternative perspective.

Crikey, touchy.

Splodgley

Just to clarify, my dad actually likes Geordies, I was merely using him as a reference point as to why older Forest fans don't like you lot. Secondly, having the game abandoned and replayed at a later date, when we were 3-1 up is obviously an advantage to you, as the FA later agreed (as I believe it was replayed at Goodison or somewhere?). Thirdly, it's not simply an issue of players being attacked. I believe the main line of argument was that mentally, we just switched off believing the game to be over - fair enough, you guys took advantage of that. As I say, neither myself nor anyone I personally know, hates you lot. I do know of many older fans who keep a grudge because of that (and let's be frank, among football fans that's hardly surprising). Where your grudge against us lies, I have no idea, but there certainly seems to be one. And also, just because you heard it from the players of that time, doesn't ensure its complete factual accuracy.

Just to reiterate, I'm not saying that it's correct to hold a grudge over that game, simply that some do. I know some of my dad's mates hold a grudge not over the game, but over the fact that after the game, their coach got bricked by Newcastle fans. My dad was never on the coach, so he's never had any issues with you lot, but a lot went on at that game, both during and after the match, between both sets of supporters from what I can tell.

Its OK, I hold a grudge over Forest due to Stan Collymore and his crap blog.  :angry:

I quite like Forest TBH, although i was surprised at how much hostility there was towards us from Forest last year, I know that Forest fans were not expecting to be in the position that they found themselves and so prob saw us as bigger rivals to them then what we really were IMO.

Forest out performed themselves last year and i think they will struggle to repeat last seasons performances in what is going to be a much tougher league this year.  All the forest fans i know and that is quite a few seem to think that Perch is a good player if a little hitty missy at times, one said that a move away from forest was the best thing for him because he felt Perch had become complacent after spending such a long time at the club.

I have a tendency to agree with that, 24 year old, can play in a variety of positions, captained his former club, £1.2m ?  Doesn't sound like bad business to me, as for Forest i expect them to lose more players before they gain anyone, a lot of their players over performed last season and i think that lower EPL clubs will be looking at them because of it.

We are probably paying him about £10k a week.

I'd like to think that's true. He is young, he is inexperienced at this level but he does have potential and it'd be nice to think, if he does come in and do a good job, he can earn a bigger, more improved contract, but only once he's proved himself.

• 1 month later...
Guest firetotheworks

I slagged him off pre season, but it looks like he's getting better on a very steep learning curve.

Him and Routledge's partnership isn't up to Jose and Jonas's. But I get the feeling they're really trying to get up to that level, and their understanding of each other, particularly in the first half was excellent.

Well played Perch in particular.  :clap:

Perch was excellent today and also has that extra gear pace wise.

Noticed that at OT, decision making might not be Premiership standard yet but that can improve with experience.

I said this after the Man U game and uber-expert Ronaldo scoffed at it. But he looks a good defender...not so much going forwards though.

I said this after the Man U game and uber-expert Ronaldo scoffed at it. But he looks a good defender...not so much going forwards though.

Had a decent game as any. Was barely tested to be fair, or maybe that is just because he was playing well.

Needs to work on mirroring what enrique does with Guti.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Did well today, and I didn't think he was that bad at Man Utd either. I think he'll be decent this year, his pace gives him an extra quality when getting back and if he can form a good understanding with Routledge, it's even better