James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest Heneage

Hughtons face in that picture. :lol:

It's like he's just realised Leon Best will start at Old Trafford.

Guest firetotheworks

best versatile defender we've ever had was Aaron Hughes, and which f***ing idiot got rid of him for 1Million quid  :weep: :weep: :weep:

Are you serious m8!? LOL, it woz soonez! short memry!!!

I hope he gets a fair crack, some are saying they will "give him a chance" but you can tell from their undertones it's more "I'll give him a chance but as soon as he makes a mistake I'm all over the useless prick".

Balls to what the forest fans think, clean slate time. Let's judge him on what he does for us without the preconceptions.

Guest neesy111

best versatile defender we've ever had was Aaron Hughes, and which f***ing idiot got rid of him for 1Million quid  :weep: :weep: :weep:

i try to blank that period out of my head, that man makes my blood boil :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest firetotheworks

i try to blank that period out of my head, that man makes my blood boil :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Aye, it's crazy when you think, the times we've had money to spend we've messed up, and when we haven't we've done a lot better.

Souness  :thdn:

Roeder  :thup:

Allardyce  :thdn:

Keegan  :thup: :thdn: (playing it safe with that rating)

Hughton  :thup:so far.

Roeder? :undecided: He was shite, and it wasn't like we didn't have the money.

We've been utterly garbage in the transfer market ever since Robson, bar the occassional good signing. It's paid no small part in our demise - it's been a pretty focal point in all honesty.

Guest firetotheworks

Roeder? :undecided: He was s****, and it wasn't like we didn't have the money.

We've been utterly garbage in the transfer market ever since Robson, bar the occassional good signing. It's paid no small part in our demise - it's been a pretty focal point in all honesty.

Roeder had an extremely limited budget in comparison to Souness and Allerdyce and got us an equal or higher position. I'm not saying he was good, I'm saying he was good in the circumstances. That second season was horrible, but in hindsight the injuries were ridiculous.

It certainly will be interesting to hear Hughton's plans for Perch i.e. what they envision his main position being. Would be good if we didn't move him around quite as much as Forest did, and instead gave him more of a chance to master one position and hopefully excel at it.

One would think his place in the team is useful bench player who can come in the team and fulfill several roles. I doubt he has been signed to start and I would be worried if that were the case.

Also, it is rather good to see I am not the only Aiyegbeni hater on the forum.

Yakubu is an absolute disgrace. Cannot stand the man and didn't even want him in the squad in the first place. What abuse have I not levelled on that dunce this summer? He'll certainly get what he deserves one way or the other.

Roeder didn't have too much to spend compared to some other managers. People remember him spending 10 million on Oba (you could argue we overpaid, but his goals kept us up and we got the whole fee back anyway) and 5 million on Duff (bad signing, but he was a quite helpful player at times at thought and showed himself alright during the relegation season.) However, we also sold quite a few players for significant fees and spent nothing in the winter.

Guest Heneage

Roeder had an extremely limited budget in comparison to Souness and Allerdyce and got us an equal or higher position. I'm not saying he was good, I'm saying he was good in the circumstances. That second season was horrible, but in hindsight the injuries were ridiculous.

I often felt like Roeder was lied to. Scouting Kuyt, yet ending up with Rossi and Sibierski.

That Sibierski signing was quite unbelievable ... turned out to be an absolutely top guy though, who did alright, but my God I was stunned by that move. Roeder's use of Rossi was diabolical. If he had played him more we probably could have convinced him to stay on permanently. Missed a great opportunity there.

Guest firetotheworks

I often felt like Roeder was lied to. Scouting Kuyt, yet ending up with Rossi and Sibierski.

Aye, part of me thinks he was too naive with his signings too. Particularly Duff, who at the time a lot of us were really excited about, he was basically the kid in the toy shop who spunked all his Christmas money on last years cool, but useless toy. With no parents saying 'but you've already got one just like it!' (N'Zogbia)

It certainly will be interesting to hear Hughton's plans for Perch i.e. what they envision his main position being. Would be good if we didn't move him around quite as much as Forest did, and instead gave him more of a chance to master one position and hopefully excel at it.

One would think his place in the team is useful bench player who can come in the team and fulfill several roles. I doubt he has been signed to start and I would be worried if that were the case.

Yakubu is an absolute disgrace. Cannot stand the man and didn't even want him in the squad in the first place. What abuse have I not levelled on that dunce this summer? He'll certainly get what he deserves one way or the other.

He is is cack.

Guest neesy111

Roeder? :undecided: He was shite, and it wasn't like we didn't have the money.

look at the amount we've spent as well, i bet we've spent a large chunk of the cash on our defence.  i remember a defence of dabizas and o'brien being one the best we've had in the last 20 years (cost £2M).  the point i'm getting at is just better at NUFC we spend most of our money on attacking players?

He is is cack.

Oh yeah!

:laugh:

Well, looks like we have three average right-backs now. Was hoping we'd sign a better one, but he's versatile, and we'll need that. Should be decent enough.

Danny Simpson could never be accused of being average.

Too lazy to type out anything else, he'll have to live with it for now.

A signing, that's a start and pretty much destroys the "no capital outlay on new players" statement, though this probably means we just won't buy any expensive players.

So that must mean no Joe Cole  :undecided:

It doesn't destroy the "no capital outlay" statement.

It just means we've spent some money on a player, whether that money is going to be funded by the sale of any of our current players or out of the club's (.i.e. Ashley's) funds is the test. We won't know if there has been capital outlay on new players until the window ends.