PauL The Octopus goes for Spain as WC Winners

Rob W

The only notable prediction was the Serbia game. For the rest he just ended up going for the favourites.

If there's enough animals in Germany (obviously the home of precognitive cephalopods) trying to predict the results then of course some of them are going to do well by accident.

The only notable prediction was the Serbia game. For the rest he just ended up going for the favourites.

If there's enough animals in Germany (obviously the home of precognitive cephalopods) trying to predict the results then of course some of them are going to do well by accident.

Again, he's just a squid man, I doubt he keeps up with the current balance of power in international football :lol:

Best thing I can think of is that he tended to go for the German box due to it always being there and him knowing that the food inside was good. That doesn't explain him nailing the defeats but maybe he got confused since the Serb, Spanish and German flags probably look alike if you're color-blind (but then so would Holland and Argentina)

Again, he's just a squid man, I doubt he keeps up with the current balance of power in international football :lol:

:lol:

Punters gambling on the mystic mollusc's predictions have won up to half a million pounds during the month-long tournament, according to bookmakers William Hill.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/12/paul-psychic-octopus-wins-world-cup

Is an octopus a Mollusc?  I thought they were part of the cephalopod crew?

I thought the same. Apparently they're both.

Yeah. Mollusca is the Phylum, cephalopoda the class.

• 3 months later...