Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest Heneage

We have 7? I only count 5, and think we will ship one out. Either way my point stands, if we get the players that most of the posters here have identified, and maybe someone with experience for left back I think we will get around 15/16th.

We have six (Barton, Gosling, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Vuckic). If we sell Smith we should be looking to get someone in on loan until Gosling is fit, we shouldn't spend any more money on a position where we've got so many players when we still haven't got a back up left back or any back up wingers.

Guest Heneage

We have six (Barton, Gosling, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Vuckic). If we sell Smith we should be looking to get someone in on loan until Gosling is fit, we shouldn't spend any more money on a position where we've got so many players when we still haven't got a back up left back or any back up wingers.

I thought Vuckic was a forward? Oh well fair point then, just cover on the wings, the left and up front will do me, but I can't see another striker coming.

I don't think we'll see Vuckic playing much as part of the middle two in a four man midfield (home games).

He's more likely to get experience on one of the wings (see Carlisle).

Guest neesy111

I thought Vuckic was a forward? Oh well fair point then, just cover on the wings, the left and up front will do me, but I can't see another striker coming.

we will sign a striker, i read somewhere that hughton said that is a priority

Got a £4mill rated player for nowt (well a signing on fee). Good enough for me.

Where did you get £4m from?

He's young and English. Rating always starts at £4m, rising to about £30m if they'd played more than 30 games.

HAHAHAHAHA

Serious? (I really can't tell)

Guest BooBoo

I'm not sure he's a huge step up from Guthrie, but good look to the lad. Fat Ash's ideal signing really, can sell him on in two years time for a tidy profit.

I'm not sure he's a huge step up from Guthrie, but good look to the lad. Fat Ash's ideal signing really, can sell him on in two years time for a tidy profit.

Is that a bad thing? Or should we go back to the successful transfer dealings of 2003 - 2007?

Guest neesy111

Is that a bad thing? Or should we go back to the successful transfer dealings of 2003 - 2007?

Guthrie is certainly premiership quality.

Some NUFC fans will never ever be pleased by anything

We should be strengthening it because Nolan, Smith are gonna be essentially useless next season. Vuckic cannot be relied upon at 17, and he's more of a second striker than a central midfielder.

We probably wont though.

Diarra

Gosling             Barton

Routledge                                  Jonas

Carroll

Not a bad unit

What Diarra? Have we been linked with a Diarra or something?!

Diarra

Carroll

Not a bad unit

Mamadou, who looks set to leave Real Madrid.

Diarra

Carroll

Not a bad unit

Mamadou, who looks set to leave Real Madrid.

Have we been linked with him then or something?? He'a brilliant player, imo. Although I believe his later time at Madrid have been hampered with inuries....

Guest Antigalican

Another piece in the jigsaw, for me a decent centre-forward signing and there will be grounds for some cautious optimism!!

We have been linked to both diarras, gosling sounds like Danny Guthrie with a slightly better shot and much better stamina/workrate. Sounds good to me! Still can't help but think he sounds very much like a young milner, his criticisms are practically word for word what many said about milner.

I have to say, I paid litterally no attention to the premiership last season, therefore I have little knowledge on the lad. The injury is a concern but he's young enough to get over it, best of luck to the lad, not much of a gamble for us, and should be available at a time when the team will probably need a freshening up.

Guest firetotheworks

Presumably we're only going for water based players with Gosling and Perch in the bag.  Who next?  Bridge?  Boateng? Kanu?

Perfect for the Championship...

Or the Premier League ;)

Presumably we're only going for water based players with Gosling and Perch in the bag.  Who next?  Bridge?  Boateng? Kanu?

Or the Premier League ;)

you daft wANKER

Guest firetotheworks

Or the Premier League ;)

you daft wANKER

You've gone a bit overboard there like, you splodge of sea man.