Dan Gosling

Dave

As has been said on numerous occasions, we only signed him because we thought we could make money on him. Don't need him at all, and he's wasting away playing such a bit-part role. In comparison to the other young midfielders we've signed since, his technique seems sorely lacking.

A loan out is the minimum we should be looking for.

Could it just be that being a big unit meant he was quickly knackered whilst playing in 30deg+ temperatures? God some are quick to write off kids based on one poor performance.

Not the case with Gosling IMO.

Could it just be that being a big unit meant he was quickly knackered whilst playing in 30deg+ temperatures? God some are quick to write off kids based on one poor performance.

It's not just one performance is it.. He seems very limited every time he has featured, apart from a couple of friendlies this pre season. I suspect his wage doesn't reflect the fact that he should be at most 6th choice midfielder for us. It's not realistic to want him sold but maybe someone will take him on a loan.

Ok he's been a bit indifferent with the exception of Norwich away when he foolishly got sent off. He's still young hasn't played a lot of football in over 2 years, of course he's gonna be rusty. I for one didn't think he did much wrong in his sub appearances towards the back end of last season.

I would also say that our passing on a whole wasn't great tonight and Gosling wasn't the only one guilty of playing at half effort. Yet he still got in a few scoring positions which was more than can be said of a few other players who've played more football in recent times.

Amalfitano was far better when he came on.  Actually understands the concept of movement, looks classy on the ball and seems quicker than Gosling (although he's not fast by any means).

Gosling must be well down the pecking order.  Abeid has shown more in the middle and Vuckic has more to his game in the attacking mid role.  Then you have young Bigi who's doing well and we've just got Anita in. 

Yet to see Gosling do owt for us, seems a nothing player to me.

Ok he's been a bit indifferent with the exception of Norwich away when he foolishly got sent off. He's still young hasn't played a lot of football in over 2 years, of course he's gonna be rusty. I for one didn't think he did much wrong in his sub appearances towards the back end of last season.

I would also say that our passing on a whole wasn't great tonight and Gosling wasn't the only one guilty of playing at half effort. Yet he still got in a few scoring positions which was more than can be said of a few other players who've played more football in recent times.

Definitely needs regular football and he won't get that here as things stand.

Needs a full season with someone, really at his age it should be in the perm but no one would take him right now. Guess he'll get a few games this season due to the extra games we've got.

If perch can turn it around...

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't want to be harsh but this kid has nowt to his game, he trully is the epitome of average or even poor. Compared to Bigi, Amilafatano and even Vukic and Abeid, he just doesn't compare. Those guys all have good attributes, be it technical ability, pace, power, athleticism or a footballing brain, but Golsing seems to have nothing but a willingness to run about and geting into good positions which at this level is simply not good enough. He's a Championship player at best. We shoudl stop persisting with the pretence of trying to develop him, peddle him, and put more efforts into giving those with the talent and ability, the chances to actually make it or to try and make it. Nowt against the lad or anything like that, but it is plain to see really.