Dan Gosling

Dave

Stuck firmly in the development squad with Bigi clearly ahead of him despite being younger and just signed

Just my opinion

Abeid has shown lots of bright moments and even scored a nice goal in pre-season. Reported to be injured anyway if your basing your opinion on bigi playing instead of him tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Not getting the Gosling hatred mind. Could have done a bit better for their first goal but overall I thought he was tidy and kept getting in the box to support Ameobi, I counted at least 5 times he was on the penalty spot when we won the ball. Maybe a little pointer to those saying Cabaye doesn't get forward enough in a 4-4-2 that he should be capable of doing it more often himself. I think he's a tidy squad player.

There were 2 or 3 times tonight when he was in good positions in their box and screaming for the ball, unfortunately he seemed to inherit Jenas' trick of always having a man between him and the ball though.

The Vuckic chance, can't blame Vuckic for shooting, but a little role along the box and it's a tap-in for Gosling.

Not getting the Gosling hatred mind. Could have done a bit better for their first goal but overall I thought he was tidy and kept getting in the box to support Ameobi, I counted at least 5 times he was on the penalty spot when we won the ball. Maybe a little pointer to those saying Cabaye doesn't get forward enough in a 4-4-2 that he should be capable of doing it more often himself. I think he's a tidy squad player.

Gets into the right positions but his final decision to either pass or shoot are the difference of him actually being a useful player or not. We are really missing Guthrie imo.