The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

Feel sorry for Avram, clearly been undermined by the board.  One of the good guys in football.

Based on?

I've always thought this to be honest. He seems dignified in defeat, far moreso than the likes of Allardyce, Pulis etc.

Never see him complain about referee decisions etc.

Feel sorry for Avram, clearly been undermined by the board.  One of the good guys in football.

Based on?

I've always thought this to be honest. He seems dignified in defeat, far moreso than the likes of Allardyce, Pulis etc.

There's no arrogance to him either, seems like he just gets his head down and carries on and ignores whatever else is going on.

Guest neesy111

I think Grant's proven that any monkey could have done well with that Chelsea squad. So out of his depth.

:no:

Where did Scolari leave chelsea after he replaced Grant, a lot worse.

I wonder if you put Joe Kinnear in charge of Man City how he'd do? It's difficult to say really whether Grant is a terrible manager. He did well with Chelsea and their great players and struggled when managing teams full of shit.

Based on?

absolutely fuck all. fact i doubt neesy will ever answer you :lol:

He did, and he's right IMO. It's all subjective of course but he seems to have acted with a great deal of dignity and kept his head low despite seemingly being treated like shit.

Feel sorry for Avram, clearly been undermined by the board.  One of the good guys in football.

Based on?

absolutely f*** all. fact i doubt neesy will ever answer you :lol:

He did, and he's right IMO. It's all subjective of course but he seems to have acted with a great deal of dignity and kept his head low despite seemingly being treated like s***.

I know he did. Having dignity is admirable no doubt. But dignity is one thing. IMO he's completely out of his depth, and knows it, which is why you don't hear a peep out of him. I'm telling you, the bloke can't believe his luck so naturally he's better off keeping schtum and getting on with it. He doesn't really have much of a footballing philosophy based on the 2 outfits he's managed so far. One was a star-studded title winning side whom he looked after in the interim, and the other is rapidly plummeting into darkness

RVP is a class apart.

Exactly what Arsenal have needed this season - DIRECT. None of this passing about rubbish, just forward runs and strikes at goal. Quality player.

he's class, sadly been far too inconsistent/injured to really fulfill his potential.

Injuries have taken their toll but he's starting to look the business again. Last week he was everywhere, major part of every attack. This week he's been much the same and got a goal and an assist in the first half. Quite happy I made him my fantasy captain.  :snod:

O0 two goals and an assist. Lets see what the bonus fairy brings.

RVP is a class apart.

Exactly what Arsenal have needed this season - DIRECT. None of this passing about rubbish, just forward runs and strikes at goal. Quality player.

Funny because I wouldn't exactly call van Persie the most direct of forwards generally, quite the opposite actually.

I agree he's class though.

RVP is a class apart.

Funny because I wouldn't exactly call van Persie the most direct of forwards generally, quite the opposite actually.

Yeah, he's not exactly out and out route one but he gets in the box, and gets shots away, which is a massive improvement on anything else they have.

RVP is a class apart.

Yeah, he's not exactly out and out route one but he gets in the box, and gets shots away, which is a massive improvement on anything else they have.

I've just been frustrated in the past by him because he's the kind of player who'll play with his back to goal, look for the pass, slow the game down etc. He also rarely plays on the shoulder of the last defender.

He does like a shot though, moreso than the rest of the team. He's as direct as anybody they have bar maybe Arshavin who has seemingly gone flat this season.

I think Grant's proven that any monkey could have done well with that Chelsea squad. So out of his depth.

:no:

Where did Scolari leave chelsea after he replaced Grant, a lot worse.

Scolari was sacked based on a couple of performances. Ancelotti should also be sacked if you look at their performances.  They were impatient with Scolari tbh.

Don't know if anyone was listening to talksport during this game but at one point the commentator says arsenal there just playing it across their black four, then corrected himself and said back .

Talksport racism coming in your ears :)