The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Congrats to Swansea. Not exactly fond of a Welsh team being in the English Premier League but from a purely footballing perspective, they've played some nice stuff this year overall. Is Sinclair there permanently or on loan?

Of course, what happens over the summer is key but right at the moment, I can't say with any real confidence that any of the 3 promoted sides will definitely go down - just look how close Blackpool, who virtually everyone thought would be long gone with a few games to go, were to staying up.

Guest Loven11

Congrats to Swansea. Not exactly fond of a Welsh team being in the English Premier League but from a purely footballing perspective, they've played some nice stuff this year overall. Is Sinclair there permanently or on loan?

Of course, what happens over the summer is key but right at the moment, I can't say with any real confidence that any of the 3 promoted sides will definitely go down - just look how close Blackpool, who virtually everyone thought would be long gone with a few games to go, were to staying up.

Permanent.

When are the fixtures released (which we're specifically not allowed to post on here, obviously)?

10am on Friday 17th June, apparently.

Couldn't have chosen a better day tbh. :)

The only bright spot for Reading fans is like Man Utd fans is at least they are home about 45 mins after the final whistle.

If only- 20.00 train out of Kings Cross(had to factor in possible extra time and pelanties). Got home 23.35.

Watching the Nigeria-Argentina friendly in Abuja right now. It is a very weak Argentina squad, but I still expect us to be beaten anyway. :lol:

We've put out a fairly strong team anyway:

Enyeama, Okonkwo, Taiwo, Yobo, Ambrose, Mikel, Joel Obi, Kalu Uche, Ike Uche, Anichebe, Nsofor

A few decent players in there, I hope Siasia can put together a good team.

Ah we just scored :lol: Good play from Joel Obi and Ike Uche with the lucky finish after deflection off Garay.

edit: 2-0 :lol: This is an awful match, tbh. Referee from Niger gave us a VERY soft penalty. This Argentina team just want to get the hell out of here, I think.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Watching the Nigeria-Argentina friendly in Abuja right now. It is a very weak Argentina squad, but I still expect us to be beaten anyway. :lol:

We've put out a fairly strong team anyway:

Enyeama, Okonkwo, Taiwo, Yobo, Ambrose, Mikel, Joel Obi, Kalu Uche, Ike Uche, Anichebe, Nsofor

A few decent players in there, I hope Siasia can put together a good team.

Darren Ambrose? :lol:

No surprise all the players who were left out of the Copa America squad aren't on full form tbh. Still should be doing better though even if they are a bit out of their comfort zone.

F****** bizarre end to the match. Referee decides to add five minutes of stoppage time for no apparent reason, continues the match until the 9th minute for no apparent reason, and then gives Argentina a penalty for no apparent reason. :lol: :lol: Everything about this match makes no sense.

No surprise all the players who were left out of the Copa America squad aren't on full form tbh. Still should be doing better though even if they are a bit out of their comfort zone.

No excuse tbh. They were a disgrace.

F****** bizarre end to the match. Referee decides to add five minutes of stoppage time for no apparent reason, continues the match until the 9th minute for no apparent reason, and then gives Argentina a penalty for no apparent reason. :lol: :lol: Everything about this match makes no sense.

Ref must have had 100 goats on 3-1.

Ref must have had 100 goats on 3-1.

:lol: :lol:

U-21

FT Norway 1 - 4 Sweden

23' [0 - 1] P. Jansson

34' [0 - 2] M. Celik

78' [1 - 2] M. Keita

82' [1 - 3] M. Celik

89' [1 - 4] P. Hellquist

:smug:

My bias towards Norwegian players is there for a reason.

South Korea playing around with a semi-full-strength Serbian side.

It occasionally surprises me how good we've become since 2002. Getting to the semis that year was a genuine miracle but now I think we're objectively better than all but about 10 sides in Europe.

Just in from the sun to watch a bit of the toulon comp, right now colombia are tearing CIV a new one on eurosport2.

Ivory Coast side was put together at short notice full of inexperienced players iirc. still, they look fucking awful.