The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Was Rooney condemned with a 'trial by TV' on MOTD on Saturday then?

hardly. all they said is that he will be in trouble, its indefenceable.

now imgaine if that was barton.....

Ref gave a foul so he'll get away it due to daft rules.

Guest kingdawson

If Arsenal were to sack Wenger, does anybody think whoever they brought in would do any better with their budget? I'd argue no.

but they do have a decent amount of cash to spend. It's Wenger that decides not to spend it.

If Arsenal were to sack Wenger, does anybody think whoever they brought in would do any better with their budget? I'd argue no.

but they do have a decent amount of cash to spend. It's Wenger that decides not to spend it.

I don't think they do tbh. Not the kind of money to go out and buy a top class goalkeeper or defender. Heck they were priced out of a move for Jagielka ffs.

The Rooney thing seems to be a bit of a grey area. Obviously the ref saw that there was a foul, but I don't think he saw it properly, because he obviously missed the force and intent of the elbow throw. Can they still punish him? Probably. Will they? Probably not, sadly.

Guest kingdawson

I don't think they do tbh. Not the kind of money to go out and buy a top class goalkeeper or defender. Heck they were priced out of a move for Jagielka ffs.

Wenger has said himself he has the funds to buy the players he wants but he has faith in his team. Hell even the board put out a statement a few months back stating they're willing to back Wenger in any signing he wants to bring in. It's no one but Wenger's fault why they haven't got a decent cb OR gk.

Wenger is just the most important cog in the whole Arsenal machine, and they have a clear philosophy about building success sustainably and creating great players rather than buying them.

There's an excellent interview with the chief exec, Ivan Gazidis on the BBC website right now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9408793.stm

Don't know how anyone can argue with or criticise that. So they happen not to have won a trophy in a while, they're building a sustainable top football club for a generation.

Wenger is just the most important cog in the whole Arsenal machine, and they have a clear philosophy about building success sustainably and creating great players rather than buying them.

There's an excellent interview with the chief exec, Ivan Gazidis on the BBC website right now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9408793.stm

Don't know how anyone can argue with or criticise that. So they happen not to have won a trophy in a while, they're building a sustainable top football club for a generation.

:thup:

Taking him out and putting in a Mourinho/Ancelotti/insert top class manager in his place and the whole thing falls like a pack of cards. He's naive in the transfer market but he's the best they can get.

I was always adamant Sebastien Frey would end up at Arsenal at some point.

Me too, think it's because he used to end up there on a few versions of FM.

Thought he'd be off from la Viola when they signed Boruc.

What did Rooney do?

What did Rooney do?

Elbowed James McCarthy in the back of the head off the ball as he ran past him.

Where does he play?

Left wing it seems.

Canny. Sign him and Routledge is off to QPR with Jonas switching to the right side I'd assume.

Or keep Barton on the right and put Jonas on the bench.

Aye that wopuld probably make more sense tbf. Barton might get moved inside yet?

Today was karma to Wenger and his foreign kid policy. If he'd produced a good English striker rather than going for the likes of Merida, Vela and Bendtner over the last however many years, then little Michael Owen mightn't have been in the England starting XI in the 2006 World Cup meaning he'd not have picked up the injury which forced Roeder to go out and spend £10m on Martins which resulted in the career path taken by Oba, culmanating in Arsenal having won nowt since that fateful day. Serves you right Arsene, serves you right.

Today was karma to Wenger and his foreign kid policy. If he'd produced a good English striker rather than going for the likes of Merida, Vela and Bendtner over the last however many years, then little Michael Owen mightn't have been in the England starting XI in the 2006 World Cup meaning he'd not have picked up the injury which forced Roeder to go out and spend £10m on Martins which resulted in the career path taken by Oba, culmanating in Arsenal having won nowt since that fateful day. Serves you right Arsene, serves you right.

Well played :thup:

:lol: