The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Okocha and Djorkaeff would be there too, Jaaskelainen if you need a keeper.

Three very class players. Wish Bolton would get back to employing such magicians. Did Masch leave in January? I know Pardew couldn't find any use for him.

Also, Kanu. Remember Kanu.

Yep. They had Hayden Mullins though so it was reets.

:lol: doesn't get any better that goal like. Koscielny is f***ing terrible.

The commentators, including Souness, were rubbishing Sczenssnyt. I was surprised tbh, thought that blame was almost entirely on the Frenchman.

Had to be really, if the keeper called for it then it's his and the defender should be staying away from it. Without that interference I sure he would have got the ball cleanly.

That was clearly a ball for the keeper to be frank. Kos fumbles it, but the keeper (notice how I'm avoiding spelling that damn name) should be yelling mine! and rushing out. A ball that goes in the space between the keeper and a CB is always for the keeper since he has a better view.

:lol: doesn't get any better that goal like. Koscielny is f***ing terrible.

The commentators, including Souness, were rubbishing Sczenssnyt. I was surprised tbh, thought that blame was almost entirely on the Frenchman.

Had to be really, if the keeper called for it then it's his and the defender should be staying away from it. Without that interference I sure he would have got the ball cleanly.

There was no pressure as well. Oba was so perfectly placed to finish because he decided not to chase the lost cause. There was plenty of time to handle the situation calmly and orderly. Really nervous play.

Not good for the sponsors that the Man of the Match award in this cup twice in a few years now is Foster's.

I bet they don't really give a s*** who the MoTM is tbh.

Might have missed what I was getting at there mind.

Probably.  :lol:

Taken from .com

Since Jimmy Scoular lifted the FA Cup in 1955, no fewer than THIRTY-ONE English clubs have enjoyed major domestic cup success ahead of us, including such footballing backwaters as: Coventry, Southampton, Norwich, Ipswich, Luton, Oxford, Swindon, Stoke, Wolves, Leicester, Birmingham, Blackburn, 'Boro, Wimbledon, QPR, Portsmouth and of course the mackems.

You could also add Burnley and Derby - who have won the League title since our 1927 triumph - to the following list of domestic cup winners since 1955:

14 Liverpool (7LC, 7FA)

13 Man Utd (4LC, 9FA)

10 Chelsea (4LC, 6FA)

10 Tottenham (4LC, 6FA)

9 Arsenal (2LC, 7FA)

6 Aston Villa (5LC, 1FA)

5 Nottm For (4LC, 1FA)

4 Man City (2LC, 2FA)

3 Leicester (3LC)

3 Wolves (2LC, 1FA)

3 West Ham (3FA)

3 Everton (3FA)

2 Birmingham (2LC)

2 Norwich (2LC)

2 WBA (1LC, 1FA)

2 Leeds (1LC, 1FA)

1 QPR (1LC)

1 Swindon (1LC)

1 Stoke (1LC)

1 Oxford (1LC)

1 Luton (1LC)

1 Sheff Wed (1LC)

1 Blackburn (1LC)

1 Middlesbrough (1LC)

1 Bolton (1FA)

1 mackems (1FA)

1 Southampton (1FA)

1 Ipswich (1FA)

1 Coventry (1FA)

1 Wimbledon (1FA)

1 Portsmouth (1FA)

There are just three other current Premiership sides not to have lifted the League Cup or FA Cup since our last success; Blackpool, Wigan and Fulham.

Of course us Geordies with our "unrealistic expectations" have the audacity to think that we should feature somewhere in the above list....