The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Chubby Jason

Fergie: "You want a fair ref. I don't know how he (Atkinson) got this game. I must say, when I saw who it was, I did fear that" #mufc #cfc

Ahh, a true knight of the realm. He's such a graceful gentleman isn't he?

Fergie: "You want a fair ref. I don't know how he (Atkinson) got this game. I must say, when I saw who it was, I did fear that" #mufc #cfc

Remember that thread a while ago discussing Ferguson and how great he was, and I criticised him? That's why. It's just getting pathetic now.

Guest Chubby Jason

Remember that thread a while ago discussing Ferguson and how great he was, and I criticised him? That's why. It's just getting pathetic now.

He's always been like this and got away with it every time.

Guest neesy111

He's always been like this and got away with it every time.

Fact is, he's been in charge of the biggest club in the world.  They should be fucking successful.

Nice avatar brummie. A bit defensive, maybe ;)

Defensive?

Nah. My avatar has been a black square for this season so far to reflect my increasing doom with the way things are going. I've snapped out of it now, mind, so it's back to the big dogs.

Hehe, just thought it was reprisal for your lesser fellow citizens giving you s*** because of the cup they just won.

Ah, I get you.

Nah. To be honest, it has been fine. I've encountered a couple of them today (I work in the centre of Birmingham, you need to go that close to the epicentre to have any chance of finding them) and was entirely magnanimous about it. They deserved to win. Fair play to them.

We've won the league cup four times in my life time, and I'm young enough to have all my own teeth, I can put up with  that.

If they'd won the FA Cup, I'd probably have committed suicide by now, though. Our FA Cup avoidance for so long makes me very, very sad indeed.

Nice avatar brummie. A bit defensive, maybe ;)

Defensive?

Nah. My avatar has been a black square for this season so far to reflect my increasing doom with the way things are going. I've snapped out of it now, mind, so it's back to the big dogs.

Hehe, just thought it was reprisal for your lesser fellow citizens giving you s*** because of the cup they just won.

Ah, I get you.

Nah. To be honest, it has been fine. I've encountered a couple of them today (I work in the centre of Birmingham, you need to go that close to the epicentre to have any chance of finding them) and was entirely magnanimous about it. They deserved to win. Fair play to them.

We've won the league cup four times in my life time, and I'm young enough to have all my own teeth, I can put up with  that.

If they'd won the FA Cup, I'd probably have committed suicide by now, though. Our FA Cup avoidance for so long makes me very, very sad indeed.

When Espanyol won the cup and we were through a barren spell it was quite bad to be frank. "Barcelona's #1 team" and all that, it also made them confident enough to crawl from the sewage and for a week they were everywhere. Fortunately we have managed to finish above them in the league that year (and every single year I have walked this planet).

You reckon you'll finish this year well, then, brummie?

When Espanyol won the cup and we were through a barren spell it was quite bad to be frank. "Barcelona's #1 team" and all that. Fortunately we managed to finish above them in the league every single year I have walked this planet.

No doubt we will hear some "the balance of power in the city is shifting" style bullshit some time soon, but anyone with even a decent section of a brain cell will see through that nonsense.

I have to say, I quite like McLeish, so I'm less bothered at this silverware. Had they won it under Beelzebub (as we know him, Trevor Francis as others do) then I would have been far more upset.

Big Eck been reported as in the running for the MUFC seat in some Spanish media. Any truth in it?

He played for Ferguson at Aberdeen for years and then after for Scotland for him so I wouldn't be surprised if Taggart had given him a glowing reference.

Ahh, a true knight of the realm. He's such a graceful gentleman isn't he?

Exactly why I keep on making the point that SAF does not deserve the respect of a knight. Sir Bobby was always dignified even in defeat, the difference between them is like day and night.