The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Iniesta's contribution to both open play goals...kinky as fuck. Amazing player.

Well, the first was all about the Fabregas fuck up. Give the ball away there and you're asking for trouble regardless of the opposition.

The second was quality, though. They really needed to try something different after having played that fucking diagonal ball time and time again with precisely no success. Iniesta made the goal out of nothing essentially. Made Rosicky look like fucking a cart horse in the process.

Iniesta's contribution to both open play goals...kinky as fuck. Amazing player.

Well, the first was all about the Fabregas fuck up. Give the ball away there and you're asking for trouble regardless of the opposition.

The second was quality, though. They really needed to try something different after having played that fucking diagonal ball time and time again with precisely no success. Iniesta made the goal out of nothing essentially. Made Rosicky look like fucking a cart horse in the process.

Well aye, ridiculous from Cesc, but Iniesta is on in a flash, shifts it in an instant and sets up the goal. It's as much genius opportunism and speed of thought as it is a blunder from Fabregas.

Can't believe some of the commentary saying the refereeing had any bearing on the game. Absolutely cringeworthy stuff and seems to be an obsession in english football at the moment.

Like I said, they've got their ready-made excuse now. It'll forever be there to justify the inadeqacies of the English side in this case. In fact, this is exactly the same thing that happened after the WC (and every England exit from a major tournament in history).

Spot on.

Eh? England were fucking wank in that World Cup and bummed by Germany. There was an appalling decision which could have changed things but I can't remember any of my friends of family not admitting we were absolutely atrocious.

Guest neesy111

Shocking decision by the referee, it's decision's like those that cost managers jobs and when the referee has no defence whatsoever.

Barca over 2 legs were the much better team again, having no shots on goal in a game is a shocking stat.  Also saying the sending off had a huge impact would be credible if you actually put the team under any pressure when they had 11 men.  1 hopeful corner and a lucky OG is what they did in 50 mins before sending off.

the media will do what they always do and blame the ref, the ball.....anything they can except the team itself. obviously the red card was shocking, but arsenal were completely outclassed by barcelona in every way. they were annihilated. looking at stats and the way barca played, they should be grateful that the score wasn't humiliating. zero shots, man  :iamatwat:

but what a team barca are. tonight was total domination. some of their play was delicious, especially xavi's goal. they also should've had a penalty in the first half.

arsenal can whinge all they want but deep down they know what we all know.

FCB  :smitten:

Let's remember, if RvP hadn't childishly reacted to Abidal, he wouldn't have been in the position for a stupid yellow to result in his sending off..

Obviously, the referee had a shocker, from both points of view. But surprised RvP hasn't had the slightest of mentions for his needless retaliation.

Re:  Barcelona

I really don't understand why people have to be so bitter towards a team they have no connection to and have no reason to dislike.

Yeah people can sometimes go OTT about their greatness, but that doesn't mean you have to try and even it out with childish bitterness.

Just enjoy watching a team that plays the best football on earth, because it really is a treat and doesn't come along too often.

I like their kits.

Despite Almunia's fantastic performance tonight i do worry that he is now the only fit first team goalkeeper at the club, we have Mannone away at Hull and injured, James Shea has just gone to Southampton a couple of weeks back we have the unproven Martinez left who i know nothing about. Poom's still at the club coaching, sign him up Arsene :lol:

Poom's not a bad shout, like. Retired only a couple of years ago. Better than us bringing back Srnicek :lol: Otherwise, you'll undoubtedly be allowed special dispensation for a loan if that's the case?

Ferdinand was on Twitter before saying the ref was "one of the best around" :lol:

Rio's twitter is usually good reading.

Comes across as a very decent bloke.

The ref did the 2009 final where Man U lost to Barca so shows Rio can be quite level-headed. He's usually a pretty good ref ,though he had a shocker tonight.

Guest neesy111

I hope barca get man utd next.

Yep, that'll make Arsenal look good as Barca will absolutely murder them.

Aye, they will.  Man Utd's static midfield will not know what has hit them.

Not last night so much but I am becoming increasingly more worried by Gael Clichy, he had a couple of moments last night where he appeared to be playing everybod onside and there are other things, if Gibbs was a bit further on in his development I'd say get rid but we need to give it a year or so just yet.

Man U woukd sureky give a better effort than Arsenal did like, that was absolutely patheic yesterday.

There was plenty effort, one team is just so far superior it told at the end of the day.