The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Disciplined performance from Spurs is going to see them through but Milan have been poor IMO. Disappointing.

Like Argentina found in the World Cup its alreet having mint strikers but you'll get nowhere if there is no midfield to supply them.

I hate ITV commentary.

"Harry Redknapp, he works miracles."

"Gareth Bale, the Tottenham express."

"You dont pick on him." (Joe Jordan).

What a fucking wanker.

Guest kingdawson

Sandro is a straight beast. Absolute monster of a player. Gallas has been excellent again too. Quarter finals first season is an excellent achievement.

Fair play to Spurs. Shaky at times, but Milan overall didn't test them as much as they should. Held out well over the game, though. Gomes didn't impress me at all.

Was I imagining things when that commentator called Bale the Tottenham Express?.. Like.. Seriously? :lol: Fuck sake.

That when the saints go marching in drone was starting to do me nut in, though.

Just fished this after reading the Capello comments

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/891651/fabio-capello-hails-gareth-bale-as-the-best-player-in-the-world?cc=5739

Tottenham v AC Milan

Capello hails Bale as the world's best

March 9, 2011

Email Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

As Tottenham prepare to face Fabio Capello's former side Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday night, the England manager has described Spurs star Gareth Bale as the best player in the world.

GettyImages

Gareth Bale has been linked with a move to Italy thanks to his performances with Spurs

• Spurs v AC Milan preview

• Berbatov hails world-class Bale

• Flamini: I'm not a dirty player

• Allegri bullish over prospects

• Redknapp wants to attack Milan

• Forum: Will Spurs qualify?

Bale missed the first leg at San Siro as a Peter Crouch goal gave Tottenham a 1-0 advantage, but returned from a six-week absence against Wolves at the weekend and will occupy a place on the bench at White Hart Lane as Spurs seek to reach the quarter-finals.

The Welshman's brilliant performances against Inter in the group stages saw his profile rise considerably on the continent, and in a warning to the club Capello lead to domestic and European success, the Italian has said Bale is currently the best player on the globe.

"He is today the number one player in the world," Capello said. "He is the only one who can make a difference in the role he plays.

"He has pace, technique and strength. Those three qualities are hard to find in a player who is not a striker. He reminds me of Roberto Carlos, who was born a left back. He was an explosive player and the only one who came even closest to Bale.

"His pace reminds me of the legendary Real Madrid midfielder Francisco Gento, who was unstoppable when he set off down the left flank - but Gento was a born winger, not a left back. He did not possess the same strength as Bale."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he will not risk Bale from the start against Milan as he is struggling with his fitness, but believes the player's mere presence on the bench will concern the Serie A leaders.

"I don't think there is a better left-sided player around," Redknapp said. "He has got everything. He is 6ft 2in tall, the physique on him is incredible, the pace, the ability to cross the ball, shoot, dribble, head it, he can do everything.

"The world sat up and recognised him after what he did to Inter but he has been tearing teams to pieces for over a year. He's done it against everybody, really.

"If Milan see him on the bench it will give them a few concerns. I'd love to see him start but he's doubtful at the moment. This morning (Monday) he felt he wasn't quite ready to start (the game). His back was okay but he felt a little stiff in his legs."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: