The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

ENGLISH DOMINATION IN YOO-RUP.

It has been years since English clubs have dominated in numbers the UEFA/Europa cup. Still have good record in CL which is what counts. Europe's 2nd Trophy is European version the Johnstone Paint with the mighty Boro &  Fulham  getting to the final only enhances this viewpoint for me.

Europa league should show the strength of a league below the top 4.  Clearly shows the SUPER SKY PREMIERSHIP is not the all conquering league it is.

Really? Is that what you thought last year when England had two teams in the semi-final? I didn't. Italian football must be on life support below Inter.

Over a peroid of time I view that on.  Should remember italy has just lost it's 4th champs league place to germany.

God that Liverpool game was awful. They were absolutely crap. Joe Cole plays like a baby, Glen Johnson generally finds football hard and Kuyt can't stay onside.

Can't believe I watched the entire game.

I watched the whole thing just for that sweet moment when the whistle went and we got to see the troll's glum face. Well worth watching the s**** to savour the outcome.

That part was good, granted :lol:

It has been years since English clubs have dominated in numbers the UEFA/Europa cup. Still have good record in CL which is what counts. Europe's 2nd Trophy is European version the Johnstone Paint with the mighty Boro &  Fulham  getting to the final only enhances this viewpoint for me.

Europa league should show the strength of a league below the top 4.  Clearly shows the SUPER SKY PREMIERSHIP is not the all conquering league it is.

Really? Is that what you thought last year when England had two teams in the semi-final? I didn't. Italian football must be on life support below Inter.

Also neesy's post assumes English teams in the Eufa Cup take it as seriously as they would the CL.

i think they take it serious as hell.

Over a peroid of time I view that on.  Should remember italy has just lost it's 4th champs league place to germany.

So tonights result don't matter as much than as your view point is over a period of time & last year England had 2 of the semi finalists.

Also neesy's post assumes English teams in the Eufa Cup take it as seriously as they would the CL.

i think they take it serious as hell.

Give over. Aston Villa have rested players a couple of seasons on the bounce & thankfully got knocked out in doing so both times.

Guest neesy111

So tonights result don't matter as much than as your view point is over a period of time & last year England had 2 of the semi finalists.

Correct.  If 2 English sides had made it again this season to the semi finals, then the arguement would be higher.  I've always maintained that spain has a stronger league and there record in this competition over the last 6-7 years would go along with that.

Correct.  If 2 English sides had made it again this season to the semi finals, then the arguement would be higher.  I've always maintained that spain has a stronger league and there record in this competition over the last 6-7 years would go along with that.

I don't think the larger English clubs when competing in the Europa in recent years have took it serious. Fulham & Boro finalists ffs!!!! Look at Liverpool, Danny Wilson has started 4 games in Europe compared to 1 in PL. Joe Cole is gaining his fitness back in Europa games, which is shocking imo. We have seen Villa fuck around a few times. As for the Spanish teams it is the only trophy they have a realistic chance of winning because there is nee Barca or Real Madrid in it so they go for it. 

Guest neesy111

I don't think the larger English clubs when competing in the Europa in recent years have took it serious. Fulham & Boro finalists ffs!!!! Look at Liverpool, Danny Wilson has started 4 games in Europe compared to 1 in PL. Joe Cole is gaining his fitness back in Europa games, which is shocking imo. We have seen Villa fuck around a few times. As for the Spanish teams it is the only trophy they have a realistic chance of winning because there is nee Barca or Real Madrid in it so they go for it. 

Erm, that was Liverpool's strongest team out there.

I don't think the larger English clubs when competing in the Europa in recent years have took it serious. Fulham & Boro finalists ffs!!!! Look at Liverpool, Danny Wilson has started 4 games in Europe compared to 1 in PL. Joe Cole is gaining his fitness back in Europa games, which is shocking imo. We have seen Villa f*** around a few times. As for the Spanish teams it is the only trophy they have a realistic chance of winning because there is nee Barca or Real Madrid in it so they go for it. 

Was it fuck :lol:

Guest neesy111

It has been years since English clubs have dominated in numbers the UEFA/Europa cup. Still have good record in CL which is what counts. Europe's 2nd Trophy is European version the Johnstone Paint with the mighty Boro &  Fulham  getting to the final only enhances this viewpoint for me.

Europa league should show the strength of a league below the top 4.  Clearly shows the SUPER SKY PREMIERSHIP is not the all conquering league it is.

Over a peroid of time I view that on.  Should remember italy has just lost it's 4th champs league place to germany.

Correct.  If 2 English sides had made it again this season to the semi finals, then the arguement would be higher.  I've always maintained that spain has a stronger league and there record in this competition over the last 6-7 years would go along with that.

I don't think the larger English clubs when competing in the Europa in recent years have took it serious. Fulham & Boro finalists ffs!!!! Look at Liverpool, Danny Wilson has started 4 games in Europe compared to 1 in PL. Joe Cole is gaining his fitness back in Europa games, which is shocking imo. We have seen Villa f*** around a few times. As for the Spanish teams it is the only trophy they have a realistic chance of winning because there is nee Barca or Real Madrid in it so they go for it.  

So who was not playing that was available ???

So who was not playing that wasn't available ???

All of them.

Was it f*** :lol:

Oh. I thought you meant their best side.

Yeah that probably was, but some of their team selections in Europe have been pathetic this year.

All of them.

:lol:

It has been years since English clubs have dominated in numbers the UEFA/Europa cup. Still have good record in CL which is what counts. Europe's 2nd Trophy is European version the Johnstone Paint with the mighty Boro &  Fulham  getting to the final only enhances this viewpoint for me.

Europa league should show the strength of a league below the top 4.  Clearly shows the SUPER SKY PREMIERSHIP is not the all conquering league it is.

Over a peroid of time I view that on.  Should remember italy has just lost it's 4th champs league place to germany.

Correct.  If 2 English sides had made it again this season to the semi finals, then the arguement would be higher.  I've always maintained that spain has a stronger league and there record in this competition over the last 6-7 years would go along with that.

Aye, and Aston Villa/Liverpool/etc... have a realistic chance of winning the PL so they go for it instead and screw the EL.

And Real Madrid/Barça don't dominate the Spanish Cup. This year's final is the first cup Clásico in 20 years.

What was up Steven Gerrard? Another of them knocks that makes him miss Europa Cup games? The fella has not played 90 mins of Europa football & has only took part in 2 games. Yet has managed to squeeze in 20 PL games.

Aye, and Aston Villa/Liverpool/etc... have a realistic chance of winning the PL so they go for it instead and screw the EL.

And Real Madrid/Barça don't dominate the Spanish Cup. This year's final is the first cup Clásico in 20 years.

They put qualifying for 4th place above winning a trophy. Sad but true.

Who has won the Spanish cup the most? Which team has been in the final the most?

Who has won the Spanish cup the most? Which team has been in the final the most?

Barcelona has won it 25 times. Real has been there 36. (According to Wiki)

Liverpool should employ Allardyce if this is there style of play now.

Pretty much. £60m for two players, long ball upto one to nod on for the other. Boring and teams will suss it.

thats with no gerrard mind. be interesting to see if they re jig their midfield in the summer.

Gerrard's been ineffective most of this season imo.  Should remember they are out of europe if they don't win this competition barring a collapse by a top 5 team, that will effect their finances a little next season.

You don't make that much like...

"all 48 clubs in the group phase were entitled to a participation fee of €600,000, plus €300,000 in match bonuses – comprising €50,000 per group game played. In addition, performance bonuses were paid: €120,000 per win and €60,000 per draw in the group stage.

Reaching the round of 32 earned an extra €180,000 per team, with further progress being rewarded by payments of: €270,000 for the round of 16, €360,000 for the quarter-finals and €630,000 for the semi-finals. Atlético then received €3m as winners of the 12 May final in northern Germany and Fulham €2m as runners-up."

Plus ticket money et al.

Probably will affect their marketing sales and overall marketability of the brand though.

That was when the telly was on B/W man, look at our cup record the past 20 years:

1989/90 F. C. Barcelona 2:0 Real Madrid C. F. Luis Casanova, Valencia

1990/91 Club Atlético de Madrid       1:0 pro. R. C. D. Mallorca Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

1991/92 Club Atlético de Madrid 2:0 Real Madrid C. F. Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

1992/93 Real Madrid C. F. 2:0 Real Zaragoza Luis Casanova, Valencia

1993/94 Real Zaragoza       0:0 pro.       5:4 pen. RC Celta de Vigo Vicente Calderón, Madrid

1994/95 Deportivo de la Coruña 2:1 Valencia C. F. Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

1995/96 Club Atlético de Madrid       1:0 pro. F. C. Barcelona La Romareda, Zaragoza

1996/97 F. C. Barcelona       3:2 pro. Real Betis Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

1997/98 F. C. Barcelona       1:1 pro.       5:4 pen. R. C. D. Mallorca Mestalla, Valencia

1998/99 Valencia C. F. 3:0 Club Atlético de Madrid Estadio de La Cartuja, Sevilla

1999/00 R.C.D. Espanyol 2:1 Club Atlético de Madrid Mestalla, Valencia

2000/01 Real Zaragoza 3:1 RC Celta de Vigo Estadio de La Cartuja, Sevilla

2001/02 Deportivo de la Coruña 2:1 Real Madrid C. F. Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

2002/03 R. C. D. Mallorca 3:0 RC Recreativo de Huelva Estadio Martínez Valero, Elche

2003/04 Real Zaragoza       3:2 pro. Real Madrid C. F. Lluis Companys, Barcelona

2004/05 Real Betis       2:1 pro. Club Atlético Osasuna Vicente Calderón, Madrid

2005/06 R. C. D. Espanyol 4:1 Real Zaragoza Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

2006/07 Sevilla F. C. 1:0 Getafe C. F. Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

2007/08 Valencia C. F. 3:1 Getafe C. F. Vicente Calderón, Madrid

2008/09 F. C. Barcelona 4:1 Athletic Club Mestalla, Valencia

2009/10 Sevilla F. C. 2:0 Club Atlético de Madrid Camp Nou, Barcelona

So out of 20 cups Barça/Madrid have won 5. Some domination.