The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I have no sympathy for Wenger, again he has tried to go through the whole season with only one top line striker RvP.

Chamakh is untested in the PL and is really too lightweight, Bender isn't good enough and Walcott is really more of a winger (he misses that many chances anyway). There is also the unresolved keeper issue and missing one commanding CD.

Arsenal need at least one proven quality Premier League centre half. Probably two since Vermaelen seems quite injury prone. Djourou & Koscielny are just nowhere near good enough. If they played for say, West Ham or Wigan, then you wouldn't look twice at them.

Jagielka would be perfect for them but they won't get him. They already failed to sign him last summer (probably because Wenger won't pay the going rate) and since then Jags has recently signed a long-term deal. Cahill is probably the next best option and I would imagine he is more attainable since he is stalling on a contract. Samba would be cheaper again and is a solid, no-nonsense centre half. Cahill & Samba would also give them a much needed goal threat on set pieces.

Clichy has gone rapidly downhill in the last couple of seasons and needs replacing. Not sure Gibbs would be consistent enough to be that man despite his daft England call ups. I just can't see them paying big money to sign a proven performer like Baines (worth about £20m imo), Enrique (£15m-ish) or someone from abroad though.

A striker of similar quality to RVP is a must. He spends a big chunk of every season injured.

Goalkeeper is an area they need to improve. Whether Chesney is good enough to be number 1 is debatable, he looks a big talent but a more experienced player would be desirable. At the very least though, they need better back-up options to the lad than Almunia and Fabianski who are both shite.

In midfield they haven't got much quality on the left with Arshavin and Rosicky flattering to decieve. Probably more pressing a need is a defensive midfielder. I rate Song highly but when he's out, who comes in? There's nobody to do that job.

You're looking at a summer of big changes with 6 or 7 players needed and a similar number shipped out if they want to win the title imo.

99.9% likely Wenger won't even dream of doing that though. He's deluded.

Everybody has been saying this for how long now? Five seasons?

We wouldn't need to sell Fabregas to rebuild we have the money. They problem is i look at the squad and it's class it just doesn't 'click' on pitch which perhaps is the playing style

Szczesny

Sagna-Djourou-Vermaelen-Clichy

Wilshere - Song

Walcott - Cesc - Nasri

RvP

is quality.

It's just fucking annoying, there's something, playing style perhaps i don't know. I honestly couldn't say a player there that i would replace in the summer. Cover for Song, perhaps another CB of similar ability to Vermaelen and Djourou to play back-up. That's about it. It's difficult.

ARHAGnsgnkjsagn,asfnjkafnsjkllknjasfnkjsa.

It's a team of bottlers and severely over-hyped players which has been proved time and time again over the last 4 years.  The full-backs are the biggest weak link.

correct. Van Persie has proven that he can't be relied upon for various reasons, Nasri doesn't play to his full potential moved out of the centre, Walcott is a one trick pony, Song offers no leadership or aggression despite his size, Fabregas wanting out destabilises the team, the centre-halves shit themselves frequently and the full-backs are poor.

the current arsenal side are good enough for a top four spot and to get out of the champion's league group stages, and no more than that. the only reason they were ever in with a (very slight) chance at this year's league title is because the top sides were all relatively poor this year. chelsea have been crap for half the season and arsenal will still finish behind them - laughable for alleged title contenders.

with liverpool and man city strengthening in the summer, chelsea bound to invest and man utd's young players like hernandez and smalling being more mature next year, arsenal will have to spend money just to stay in 3rd never mind trying to challenge for the league.

Guest neesy111

I don't think any member of the back five you have posted (in reference to GASH?!) is good enough for a title side. The reserve players in midfield and at centre forward are not worthy of that distinction, either.

Would agree with this assessment.  Compare Man Utd's defence to Arsenal's man.

We wouldn't need to sell Fabregas to rebuild we have the money. They problem is i look at the squad and it's class it just doesn't 'click' on pitch which perhaps is the playing style

Szczesny

Sagna-Djourou-Vermaelen-Clichy

Wilshere - Song

Walcott - Cesc - Nasri

RvP

is quality.

It's just fucking annoying, there's something, playing style perhaps i don't know. I honestly couldn't say a player there that i would replace in the summer. Cover for Song, perhaps another CB of similar ability to Vermaelen and Djourou to play back-up. That's about it. It's difficult.

ARHAGnsgnkjsagn,asfnjkafnsjkllknjasfnkjsa.

It's a team of bottlers and severely over-hyped players which has been proved time and time again over the last 4 years.  The full-backs are the biggest weak link.

correct. Van Persie has proven that he can't be relied upon for various reasons, Nasri doesn't play to his full potential moved out of the centre, Walcott is a one trick pony, Song offers no leadership or aggression despite his size, Fabregas wanting out destabilises the team, the centre-halves shit themselves frequently and the full-backs are poor.

the current arsenal side are good enough for a top four spot and to get out of the champion's league group stages, and no more than that. the only reason they were ever in with a (very slight) chance at this year's league title is because the top sides were all relatively poor this year. chelsea have been crap for half the season and arsenal will still finish behind them - laughable for alleged title contenders.

with liverpool and man city strengthening in the summer, chelsea bound to invest and man utd's young players like hernandez and smalling being more mature next year, arsenal will have to spend money just to stay in 3rd never mind trying to challenge for the league.

They really have to spend some money. God knows what stops him spending with rumours that they have plenty in the bank?

Wenger needs nose biters, end of.

Hes never replaced Adams, Keown, Dixon, Viera or Petit etc.

Those fuckers used to abuse Man Utds midfield and forwards.

If Wenger can add a growler in at CB, CM and tough cunt up front he is laughing.

OH AND A FUCKING KEEPER!

Hate Arsenal and Wenger is still one of the biggest idiots in football. He's stubborn to the point of insanity.

This Arsenal team should never be written off. Every time a challenge has been thrown down to them, they’ve risen heroically to prove their fantastic ability of completely screwing up. They let a 4-0 lead slip, they lost twice at home to newly promoted teams, spectacularly turned a 2-0 lead at home to Spurs into defeat, conceded a penalty in the 12th minute of stoppage time, drew 0-0 at home to Blackburn and Sunderland, worked their way through 4 goalkeepers and managed to lose a cup final to Birmingham freakin’ City! They’ve got an amazing knack of destroying opportunities. In fact, as hard as it is to believe, at some point they might fail to screw up. I wonder what absurd, wacky way they’ll think of next.....

If Wenger can add a growler in at CB, CM and tough cunt up front he is laughing.

OH AND A FUCKING KEEPER!

They don't need a 'keeper anymore.

If Wenger can add a growler in at CB, CM and tough c*** up front he is laughing.

OH AND A f***ing KEEPER!

Yeah, they do.

Hate Arsenal and Wenger is still one of the biggest idiots in football. He's stubborn to the point of insanity.

This Arsenal team should never be written off. Every time a challenge has been thrown down to them, they’ve risen heroically to prove their fantastic ability of completely screwing up. They let a 4-0 lead slip, they lost twice at home to newly promoted teams, spectacularly turned a 2-0 lead at home to Spurs into defeat, conceded a penalty in the 12th minute of stoppage time, drew 0-0 at home to Blackburn and Sunderland, worked their way through 4 goalkeepers and managed to lose a cup final to Birmingham freakin’ City! They’ve got an amazing knack of destroying opportunities. In fact, as hard as it is to believe, at some point they might fail to screw up. I wonder what absurd, wacky way they’ll think of next.....

O0

Arsenal's best ever season occured without Adams, Dixon and Petit. And Keown, to a lesser extent.

It's a prime Sol Campbell, Jens Lehmann and Thierry Henry that they miss most.

That team was still full of tough bastards.

Not the fancy dan pussy foots they have now.

Their centrebacks,

Why?

Just why?

Arsenal's best ever season occured without Adams, Dixon and Petit. And Keown, to a lesser extent.

It's a prime Sol Campbell, Jens Lehmann and Thierry Henry that they miss most.

and Patrick Vieira, Gilberto Silva, Ashley Cole, Robert Pires etc. that team would destroy the current arsenal side.

If Wenger can add a growler in at CB, CM and tough c*** up front he is laughing.

OH AND A f***ing KEEPER!

Yeah, they do.

Szczesny is good enough.

Guest Chubby Jason

No nonononononono he's not. Not yet anyway, he can learn as an understudy to someone with all-round ability, which he does not have (yet). Nowhere near.

It's the same at the other end, bud. If I saw Andrey Arshavin in the street i'd mug him just for the fun of it. The puny little cheat.

Arshavin is an amazing little man, I don't understand why you would hate him. He seems to have lost something since his grand debut with the club, though. I don't know if it is motivation or just natural decline.