The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Souness is actually a really good pundit, Redknapp is a fucking tit who keeps interrupting with nothing decent to say.

Just the sound of his many faces wobbling.

I mean the younger tit!

Just loves the sound of his own voice. Makes so much noise yet says nothing of any value whatsoever.

You mouth off about Barcelona diving then when you're given proof that premier league players do it aswell you get defensive.  Grow up.

And no one is defending or getting defensive of what Premier League players do. You are so far beyond missing the point.

What is annoying is you even bring up Premier League players in the first place, just constantly deflecting any blame or responsibility Barca players should be taking for their actions. Just like any other player that does it be it Real, ManU or Nufc.

It's attitudes like that of passing the buck that means we get spectacles like last week.

sidlowe Sid Lowe

Loads of caveats, of course, but tonight's result indicative of why (Mourinho thought) 0-0 a good result in first leg for home team

--------

Interesting point. Mourinho can claim that, if it wasn't for the referee, his plan would've played out.

Bro?  Tubesy?

Cool as fuck you like.

Not as cool as you Mr. 'Ooooh i take lots of drugs lolz lots of pills wooo yeaaah yeaah gotta talk to my internet friends about it'.

sidlowe Sid Lowe

Loads of caveats, of course, but tonight's result indicative of why (Mourinho thought) 0-0 a good result in first leg for home team

--------

Interesting point. Mourinho can claim that, if it wasn't for the referee, his plan would've played out.

Exactly right. Also, his was the only realistic game plan. If he'd have gone out to outplay Barca he would have got absolutely murdered.

Souness is actually a really good pundit, Redknapp is a fucking tit who keeps interrupting with nothing decent to say.

Just the sound of his many faces wobbling.

I mean the younger tit!

Oh, right. Was he literally saying nothing?

"Real Madrid needed to score 2 to go through, Jeff."

sidlowe Sid Lowe

--------

Moot point tbh. Had Barca not had the 2 away goals they would probably have approached tonight's game differently. They had the cushion and never looked like losing it. Comfortable and they controlled the game yet again, safe in the knowledge they could afford to make a mistake and still stroll it.

sidlowe Sid Lowe

--------

Exactly right. Also, his was the only realistic game plan. If he'd have gone out to outplay Barca he would have got absolutely murdered.

Yep its the only way to beat Barca. It mightn't ALWAYS work, but its proven its worth.

sidlowe Sid Lowe

--------

Moot point tbh. Had Barca not had the 2 away goals they would probably have approached tonight's game differently. They had the cushion and never looked like losing it. Comfortable and they controlled the game yet again, safe in the knowledge they could afford to make a mistake and still stroll it.

Agreed. As attractive as the notion that "Mourinho was right all along" is (to some, anyway!!) - the second leg would have been played completely differently had the first leg finished 0-0. Might have finished a score draw though. We'll never know - the Pepe red card deprived us of the opportunity to find out. :)

I know it happens everywhere, that's why I didn't let one moment of what was on second viewing over theatrics ruin a good game of football.

Same reason I didn't come in this thread complinaing in the first half when Di Maria dived.  Don't see anyone going on and on about that btw.  Why not I wonder..

Madrid are such dirty cynical twats. How this goes unnoticed by large quarters is down to Mourinho and his excuse making. If that was us getting kicked about I'd be hoping we'd milk the f*** out of it tbh.

totaly agree,carvalho,adebayor prime examples and class bringing on eric at the end.

sidlowe Sid Lowe

--------

Yep its the only way to beat Barca. It mightn't ALWAYS work, but its proven its worth.

Didn't work though. Why not have a bit of belief in your players and yourself and get them to beat the best playing football?

sidlowe Sid Lowe

--------

Disagree.  They won the Copa Del Rey without being overly defensive.

They were brilliant on the counter attack which is why I predicted them to win in extra time.  It would have been a gamble going toe to toe over 2 legs, but Mourinho was never going to do himself any favours with his anti-football tactics.  If they would have went all out from the start in the home leg and took Barcelona by suprise who knows what could have happened.  If Arsenal could beat them at home, why not Madrid?

Guest Heneage

Pissi's claim that Gerrard Rooney is just as bad doesn't wash with me. It's one thing to dive, it's another to feign injury and fake pain.

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Mascherano wasn't like this in Liverpool. He learned all the cheating tricks in Barcelona" - bit of a lie there CR7 lad.

He was trying it on every week at Liverpool. Just gets away with it more now so will try more often.

Just like why Ronaldo was glad to move to Spain as well.

Pissi's claim that Gerrard Rooney is just as bad doesn't wash with me. It's one thing to dive, it's another to feign injury and fake pain.

:facepalm:

You're trying to take moral highground over diving?  It doesn't matter how injured they pretend to be, a dive is a dive.

sidlowe Sid Lowe

--------

Didn't work though. Why not have a bit of belief in your players and yourself and get them to beat the best playing football?

It worked for Inter and in the Copa Del Rey. It didn't work in the league or these CL games. I agree that with the attacking talent he has, he should've showed more faith: Ronaldo, Di Maria, Higuain, Kaka, Ozil would worry even the mighty Barcelona if they properly went for it. But he stuck faithfully to methods that worked for him in the past. Thats why although it won't always work, it'll work enough times to justify it.

You're trying to take moral highground over diving?  It doesn't matter how injured they pretend to be, a dive is a dive.

Not a moral high ground. Both are reprehensible and should be made responsible for their actions, he's just pointing out the obvious that one is worse than the other. Like also how certain players do it far more often than others for example.

Well done on missing that as always.

Not a moral high ground. Both are reprehensible and should be made responsible for their actions, he's just pointing out the obvious that one is worse than the other. Well done on missing that as always.

Gerrard and Rooney only ever dive in the box which is in turn cheating their opposition by gaining a 1 goal advantage (Sheff Utd, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal etc..) how can you say that is better than someone feigning an injury?