The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Madrid and Barca are for worse than anything you'd come across in the Prem tbh.

Gerrard - Diver, Cheat, National Disgrace

Search that in youtube.

There'll always be the odd player. Gerrard is one of the few disgraces.

I enjoy watching Spanish football, but unfortunately the theatrics are much more prominent throughout the game. You would never see two English sides contest a game in the manner those 2 Clasicos were imo.

Pique is an absolute boss btw.

I've got to say about 18 months ago I didn't rate him THAT highly. Good, certainly, but not particularly immense.

He's now just fucking... well, Shakira, but aye, he just bosses everyone.

Gerrard - Diver, Cheat, National Disgrace

Search that in youtube.

Give it a rest you utter blinkered fool. What part of "far worse" don't you understand?

:lol: I'm confused

Frankly, Barca's antics have been magnified due to the fact they're so good. Yes! Something not to like about them! LOOK AT THEM, THEIR PLAYERS DIVED!

As did Real's. As do Man Utd's. As do an unfortunately large amount of players. Just because they're the best team in the world doesn't make any gamesmanship they may perform more or less "wrong".

In those examples of Spanish football, between the 2 teams with the biggest (and most hateful?) rivalry in the country, there were some disgraceful antics. The PL is just as bad at times though generally. It's become pretty much a global aspect of the game nowadays that players will look to deceive the referee. Just because some players in our league don't react quite so dramatically as Busquets or Marcelo doesn't make it any less prominent in England.

doesn't mean we shouldn't criticise them, barcelona get away with an awful lot because people just say oh look nice football and prefer to ignore the regular antics of biscuits pedro alves etc

I've got to say about 18 months ago I didn't rate him THAT highly. Good, certainly, but not particularly immense.

Don't want to jinx the lad for the final, but he just never seems to play anything other than awesome in the big games.

:lol: I'm confused

Frankly, Barca's antics have been magnified due to the fact they're so good. Yes! Something not to like about them! LOOK AT THEM, THEIR PLAYERS DIVED!

As did Real's. As do Man Utd's. As do an unfortunately large amount of players. Just because they're the best team in the world doesn't make any gamesmanship they may perform more or less "wrong".

In those examples of Spanish football, between the 2 teams with the biggest (and most hateful?) rivalry in the country, there were some disgraceful antics. The PL is just as bad at times though generally. It's become pretty much a global aspect of the game nowadays that players will look to deceive the referee. Just because some players in our league don't react quite so dramatically as Busquets or Marcelo doesn't make it any less prominent in England.

doesn't mean we shouldn't criticise them, barcelona get away with an awful lot because people just say oh look nice football and prefer to ignore the regular antics of biscuits pedro alves etc

I know. I never said that or hinted at ignoring them. But I'm saying there is another side where people purposefully focus on Barcelona more because of the very fact they're so good.

Whether it's Barcelona or Brighton, it's not nice to see it in the game and every attempt should be made to stamp it out.

I love watching Barca play but it's got to be said that the likes of Mascherano and Busquets are fucking disgraceful for throwing themselves to the ground. It's cheating.

I love watching Barca play but it's got to be said that the likes of Mascherano and Busquets are fucking disgraceful for throwing themselves to the ground. It's cheating.

Absolutely. And I don't think anyone would disagree. Not even Pissi.

..... I think.

Yeah, but some guy in League 1 dived last season. So those Barca players are fully justified to do it every day.

Wayne Rooney "doesn't dive"

Another one for youtube.

Tell you what's another good thing to watch for those: every single Barca game.

Yeah, but some guy in League 1 dived last season. So that makes it okay those Barca players to do every day.

No one's saying that.

You mouth off about Barcelona diving then when you're given proof that premier league players do it aswell you get defensive.  Grow up.

Don't want to jinx the lad for the final, but he just never seems to play anything other than awesome in the big games.

Love his little wanders forward. Would love him to take it out of defence and welly it in from 35 yards at Wembley.

Yeah, but some guy in League 1 dived last season. So that makes it okay those Barca players to do every day.

No one's saying that.

You mouth off about Barcelona diving then when you're given proof that premier league players do it aswell you get defensive.  Grow up.

Yes, that is the type of response you give every single time. Every one knows almost all players do it to certain degrees. Barca players get stick for their behaviour independently of anything else. To try so constantly to deflect that in any way is stupid.

You telling anyone else to 'grow up' on this subject is highly ironic.

And this isn't some anti-Barca sentiment before you start with that this week too. It's anti blinkered fanboyism.

I love watching Barca play but it's got to be said that the likes of Mascherano and Busquets are f***ing disgraceful for throwing themselves to the ground. It's cheating.

No one's saying that.

Everyone knows that Gerrard and Rooney can be diving c***s. No-one is denying that, the issue is that a team of Barcelona's stature shouldn't have to resort diving to try and influence a game.

Souness is actually a really good pundit, Redknapp is a fucking tit who keeps interrupting with nothing decent to say.

Just the sound of his many faces wobbling.

I love watching Barca play but it's got to be said that the likes of Mascherano and Busquets are f***ing disgraceful for throwing themselves to the ground. It's cheating.

No one's saying that.

Everyone knows that Gerrard and Rooney can be diving c***s. No-one is denying that, the issue is that a team of Barcelona's stature shouldn't have to resort diving to try and influence a game.

Every team does it to influence a game. But Barcelona look to do it at EVERY situation. Often with the aim of getting players sent off. Doing it for penalties is much more understandable than some of the shit Barca do.

Don't think anyone has condoned diving on any level, Neil - and whilst I agree with you that their status in the spotlight has meant the scrutiny Barcelona are under is far more intense - if you took away the glorious football they play, the blinkered pissy Pissi idiot fanboys and the natural resistance there was always going to be to against them, the level of their histrionics still almost extends beyond cheating - it's shameful. It makes you ashamed of the whole sport. These are grown ass men. It's like the Rivaldo-Turkey incident... except with alarming and repeated regularity. Barcelona certainly aren't alone, but as pioneers of such beautiful football, that they need to resort(/maybe even rely, when the going gets tough) speaks volumes for them and means they will get more flak.

Diving is deplorable at every level, whether it be a Damien Duff slo-mo dive for NUFC (*shudder*) or Busquets grabbing his eyes when someone brushes his arse but the latter will always evoke greater shame for the sport. Way it is.

Souness is actually a really good pundit, Redknapp is a fucking tit who keeps interrupting with nothing decent to say.

Just the sound of his many faces wobbling.

I mean the younger tit!

Seen the Mascherano replay.  He really didn't need to roll about 10 times but it still wasn't a dive.  Kicking the sole of someone elses boot hurts.

But if that one incident is all people want to focus on after that match then it's just fucking sad and the behaviour of someone who's obsessed.

Casillas, Pique, Iniesta and Messi were all outstanding.  

Seen the Mascherano replay.  He really didn't need to roll about 10 times but it still wasn't a dive.  Kicking the sole of someone elses boot hurts.

But if that one incident is all people want to focus on after that match then it's just fucking sad and the behaviour of someone who's obsessed.

Casillas, Pique, Iniesta and Messi were all outstanding. 

It matters to me that I don't see Barca doing that very often(ever really) apart from against Real Madrid. In games like this people lose their heads rightly or wrongly and it's what makes them such crazy games.