The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Commentator just said he was diagnosed with cancer, no he wasn't. :facepalm:

HealthOn 15 March 2011, Barcelona announced that Abidal was diagnosed with a tumor on his liver. He had surgery on his liver on 17 March 2011.[9] Citing privacy concerns as wished by the player, the club did not release additional information in regards to his condition.[10] In response to the announcement, players and fans from all over the world alike dedicated well wishes for the ill player on multiple social networking sites and sports websites.[11][12]

Before their Round of 16 match in the Champions League both Real Madrid and Olympique Lyonnais players exited onto the pitch wearing Ánimo Abidal (Strength Abidal) t-shirts along with the same message on the Santiago Bernabéu's scoreboards in show of support and solidarity.[13][14]

During the Barcelona's match against Getafe on 19 March, the fans at the stadium clapped for the entire 22nd minute, which is Abidal's shirt number for Barcelona, as a respectful moment for him.

Abidal returned to action on the 3rd of May 2011, just 7 weeks after the diagnosis of the tumour, as a substitute in Barcelona's Champions League fixture against Real Madrid.

Tumour =/= Cancer.

all comes down to that disallowed goal for me, changes game if it stood as it should have

Should it have?

Ronaldo obviously didn't mean to fall into him, but Mascherano was the only recovering player.

I wonder what game Pissi is watching when it comes to these ties.

Too busy slamming his cock in his Barcelona pencil case to understand what's going on.

Actually may have to hope for a Man U win in the final. Horrible feeling.

You're not a Newcastle fan then.

Too busy slamming his cock in his Barcelona pencil case to understand what's going on.

Weyhey! Gan to bed man, you'll be tired for school tomorrow.

Weyhey! Gan to bed man, you'll be tired for school tomorrow.

:lol:

Pathetic.

Weyhey! Gan to bed man, you'll tired for school tomorrow.

Grammar like that and I need school?  Poor show, man.

Frankly, Barca's antics have been magnified due to the fact they're so good. Yes! Something not to like about them! LOOK AT THEM, THEIR PLAYERS DIVED!

As did Real's. As do Man Utd's. As do an unfortunately large amount of players. Just because they're the best team in the world doesn't make any gamesmanship they may perform more or less "wrong".

on what possible basis can you say that

Madrid are such dirty cynical twats. How this goes unnoticed by large quarters is down to Mourinho and his excuse making. If that was us getting kicked about I'd be hoping we'd milk the fuck out of it tbh.

on what possible basis can you say that

The mid 90s.

I know he's only about 14 but he should know what went on.

:lol: I'm confused

Frankly, Barca's antics have been magnified due to the fact they're so good. Yes! Something not to like about them! LOOK AT THEM, THEIR PLAYERS DIVED!

As did Real's. As do Man Utd's. As do an unfortunately large amount of players. Just because they're the best team in the world doesn't make any gamesmanship they may perform more or less "wrong".

Madrid and Barca are for worse than anything you'd come across in the Prem tbh.

I wonder how over Pardew-led team would do against Barca.

Very poorly. Tiote would be off after about 15 mins. Nevermind the thought of Simpson showing Villa inside after backing off in to the box.

I wonder how over Pardew-led team would do against Barca.

Very poorly. Tiote would be off after about 15 mins. Nevermind the thought of Simpson showing Villa inside after backing off in to the box.

It's ok. Villa would have missed anyway.

:lol: I'm confused

Madrid and Barca are for worse than anything you'd come across in the Prem tbh.

In those examples of Spanish football, between the 2 teams with the biggest (and most hateful?) rivalry in the country, there were some disgraceful antics. The PL is just as bad at times though generally. It's become pretty much a global aspect of the game nowadays that players will look to deceive the referee. Just because some players in our league don't react quite so dramatically as Busquets or Marcelo doesn't make it any less prominent in England.