The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Slovan Bratislava v Red Star Belgrade has been suspended according to livescores, wonder what the craic is.

Floodlight failure, thought it was going to be radgies on the loose in the stands or something, disappointing.

Guest Heneage

It's all very well doing the odd neat touch against a side like Rabotnicki but I still think Liverpool look a very slow side.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good to see Joe Cole returning back to how I remember him. Was such a huge Joe Cole fan when he emerged at West Ham, I thought he was going to be the next Peter Beardsley. Saying that, there's still time, Beardsley played his best football for us when he was 30+!

Commentators are bumming N'gog though.

"Understudy to the best centre forward in Europe"

Fuck off :lol:

at a wild guess itv bullshit speak? because hes not even the best centre forward in the premier league

:thup:

I might be missing something but what's so outrageous about that statement?

Guest Heneage

f*** off :lol:

at a wild guess itv bullshit speak? because hes not even the best centre forward in the premier league

Torres isn't even the best centre forward in the league, so to say he's the best in the continent when you've had the season he just had is a crazy statement to make.

Torres isn't even the best centre forward in the league, so to say he's the best in the continent when you've had the season he just had is a crazy statement to make.

Alright so maybe it's a little out of date with him having an injury-hit season and a poor World Cup but go back 12 months and there were plenty who saw Torres as one of the best strikers in the world. And if you accept he's one of the best you have to accept that some will believe him to be the best.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Gerrard has become so lazy. N'gog's ball to him was shite, and intercepted right in front of Gerrard, who turned away in disgust. The ball was right in front of him. No tackle, no attempt to even pressure. Turned away in disgust.

Alright so maybe it's a little out of date with him having an injury-hit season and a poor World Cup but go back 12 months and there were plenty who saw Torres as one of the best strikers in the world. And if you accept he's one of the best you have to accept that some will believe him to be the best.

Those people are wrong then.  To still think of him as currently the best striker in Europe is madness.